Help find source for this or post some lores about Jesus[interesting ones]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2017, 11:59 AM
RE: Help find source for this or post some lores about Jesus[interesting ones]
(13-05-2017 10:19 PM)Aliza Wrote:  The New Testament Christian testament is pretty much as anti-Semetic as it comes....
What kind of horrible, selfish, monstrous human being do you have to be to deny a warm safe room to woman in the throes of labor?

... Right. The Christian Bible tells us very clearly. You'd have to be a Jew. Dodgy

I don't know why I hadn't looked at it that way before, but it seems obvious in hindsight. Christianity as anti-semitic newspeak. They had to make the Jews out as monsters else why would anyone bother to listen to them.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-05-2017, 12:03 PM
(12-05-2017 01:09 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Found it:

The Legend of Saint Dismas

Crazy Catholics and their stories. Rolleyes

Thanks! I was going to go look for it. I think I remember hearing it but not sure why since I was indoctrinated Lutheran. And Joseph is a Saint? Who knew. What miracles did he perform? Marrying a woman carrying another man's baby? Not sure what the moral is though. Leprosy of the heart is worse than leprosy of the skin?

#sigh
14-05-2017, 12:07 PM
(14-05-2017 11:38 AM)Aliza Wrote:  We generally believe that the messianic era will come, good people (Jews and non-Jews) will be resurrected, and we’ll enjoy the fruits of our labor, living in a Utopian society that humans created and perfected over thousands of years.)

Jews believe in an afterlife? I need to recall my application.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-05-2017, 12:29 PM
(14-05-2017 12:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-05-2017 01:09 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Found it:

The Legend of Saint Dismas

Crazy Catholics and their stories. Rolleyes

Thanks! I was going to go look for it. I think I remember hearing it but not sure why since I was indoctrinated Lutheran. And Joseph is a Saint? Who knew. What miracles did he perform? Marrying a woman carrying another man's baby? Not sure what the moral is though. Leprosy of the heart is worse than leprosy of the skin?

"Our Lady, using her power as queen of the angels, commanded them to help with some nourishment. Thousands of angels rushed to help the Holy Family, bringing them heavenly juices and delicious food." -----The Legend of Saint Dismas
14-05-2017, 01:46 PM
(14-05-2017 11:38 AM)Aliza Wrote:  miracle works of Jesus – What miracles? The Torah clearly tells us that a person may appear to be a prophet, that he may be a Jew, and he may be able to perform wonders. If he tells us to change one word of Torah or divert from our path, we’re not to follow him. We’re to take his ass out back and stone him. Jesus got his just desserts in the end.

... Um. This "take his ass out the back and stone him" thing... is still in force?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
14-05-2017, 01:48 PM
(14-05-2017 01:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-05-2017 11:38 AM)Aliza Wrote:  miracle works of Jesus – What miracles? The Torah clearly tells us that a person may appear to be a prophet, that he may be a Jew, and he may be able to perform wonders. If he tells us to change one word of Torah or divert from our path, we’re not to follow him. We’re to take his ass out back and stone him. Jesus got his just desserts in the end.

... Um. This "take his ass out the back and stone him" thing... is still in force?

No. It was in force during Jesus's time, though.

Even then, the Jews didn't actually do it.
14-05-2017, 01:54 PM
(14-05-2017 12:29 PM)sea_tiger Wrote:  "Our Lady, using her power as queen of the angels, commanded them to help with some nourishment. Thousands of angels rushed to help the Holy Family, bringing them heavenly juices and delicious food." -----The Legend of Saint Dismas

Sounds more like Bacchus to me. Smile

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-05-2017, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2017 02:03 PM by sea_tiger.)
Aliza thanks for reply.Thumbsup

(14-05-2017 11:59 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-05-2017 10:19 PM)Aliza Wrote:  The New Testament Christian testament is pretty much as anti-Semetic as it comes....
Dodgy
I don't know why I hadn't looked at it that way before, but it seems obvious in hindsight. Christianity as anti-semitic newspeak. They had to make the Jews out as monsters else why would anyone bother to listen to them.
I agree ,I never looked at Gospel stories that way before.

(14-05-2017 11:05 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(14-05-2017 10:16 AM)sea_tiger Wrote:  The whole story is a poorly designed plot device written in to make their character, Jesus, fit a prophecy that they mistranslated. It makes no sense... not from a Jewish perspective, and not from a secular perspective, and I'm not even sure how the Christians are swallowing that crap except that they've probably been so brainwashed that they'll buy anything.

Jesus birth story is emotionally moving story for Christians. On Christmas the church would be fully packed, you can see everyone attending church filled with enthusiasm.Everyone would sing with vigour.On their way home after church you can see joy plastered on their face.Some tid-bits from sermons on Christmas:
....we care so much about our babies,wrap them in warm clothes,and bring them in our home but the baby Jesus had no one to welcome him in their home.Everyone rejected him.....
.......we must accept Jesus in our hearts, not turn him away, like he was turned away at city inns....
.....in the barn other animals would mock the donkey ,for his master had no place for his baby in the city......
.....our Lord laid on a dirty manger.......our sins....etc.
You can't expect them to be critical about this.Generally christians do not question the story.They don't know why it is absurd.The story is meant to be accepted not analysed.The inquisitive ones may think about absurdities, but rationalization kicks in.If that doesn't solve the problem then apologetics are there to appease the mind.
[+] 1 user Likes sea_tiger's post
14-05-2017, 02:53 PM
(14-05-2017 01:48 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(14-05-2017 01:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  ... Um. This "take his ass out the back and stone him" thing... is still in force?

No. It was in force during Jesus's time, though.

Even then, the Jews didn't actually do it.

So what, they took him out the back and lit up a doobie?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
14-05-2017, 02:58 PM
What Jews think about other Abrahamic faiths-Christianity,Islam,Mormonism etc