Help find source for this or post some lores about Jesus[interesting ones]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2017, 06:07 PM
RE: Help find source for this or post some lores about Jesus[interesting ones]
(12-05-2017 12:05 PM)sea_tiger Wrote:  After cleaning Jesus she wanted to throw out the water ,but the lady asked Mary for the used water so that she could wash her baby with it.[Maybe she found baby Jesus to be divine].After staying for a while they left.

At the site of Jesus's cruxifixation .The good thief asked Jesus to remember him when Jesus came into his kingdom.The theif was the same baby washed with Jesus's bath-water.

Knowing baby Jesus,Dodgy he probably wizzed Gasp in that bath water making it the very first Bowing Bowing HOLY WATER, ever.

You have to be odd to be #1.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like BackSlider's post
14-05-2017, 06:20 PM
(14-05-2017 06:07 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  Knowing baby Jesus,Dodgy he probably wizzed Gasp in that bath water making it the very first Bowing Bowing HOLY WATER, ever.

Ha! That's got it! Another miracle easily explained away. Smile

Antibacterial activity of human urine

not sure what to make of the concluding statement in the abstract. Hobo

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-05-2017, 07:23 PM
(14-05-2017 02:58 PM)sea_tiger Wrote:  What Jews think about other Abrahamic faiths-Christianity,Islam,Mormonism etc

I’m sure you already know that I can’t possibly answer that question without making very broad generalizations, but my impression is that Jews generally regard other religions based on the tenor of our relations with those people. When the Christians and Muslims aren't killing us, we like them! When they are killing us.... we like them a whole lot less. (Run! Grab whatever valuables you can and run!)

Judaism isn’t a proselytizing religion and we’re taught that even in the messianic era, there will be Jews and there will be non-Jews, so the goal for Jews isn’t to try to convert the world to Judaism. It’s kind of as ridiculous to us as the notion of trying to actively convert males to females or females to males. Sure, some people choose to make the conversion, but there’s no persuasion or sales pitch involved. You do you. Bar-none, the most offensive attribute to most Jews today about Christianity and Islam is this need to proselytize. Many Jews also regard Christianity as a polytheistic, idolatrous religion, and both of those attributes are to be avoided at all costs. –Oh, and it would help if they paid us rights on the book they stole from us. That would certainly be nice.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
14-05-2017, 08:14 PM
(14-05-2017 07:23 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Many Jews also regard Christianity as a polytheistic, idolatrous religion, and both of those attributes are to be avoided at all costs.

Yeah, I have thought that since I was a teenager. And I was raised a Methodist.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
14-05-2017, 10:59 PM
(14-05-2017 07:23 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Bar-none, the most offensive attribute to most Jews today about Christianity and Islam is this need to proselytize.

Christians would be outraged if their numbers started to dwindle due to proselytization
from other faith group.It would be a crisis of faith.
15-05-2017, 06:49 AM
(14-05-2017 11:05 AM)Aliza Wrote:  The Jewish messiah will not need to be from the city of Bethlehem. He’ll have to be from Beit Lechem, House of Bread, which is King David’s house lineage. It’s a blood line.

Yes, your fiction makes so much more sense than their fiction. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
15-05-2017, 08:18 AM
(15-05-2017 06:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-05-2017 11:05 AM)Aliza Wrote:  The Jewish messiah will not need to be from the city of Bethlehem. He’ll have to be from Beit Lechem, House of Bread, which is King David’s house lineage. It’s a blood line.

Yes, your fiction makes so much more sense than their fiction. Drinking Beverage

The proof is in the pudding. Drinking Beverage
15-05-2017, 01:06 PM
Uh. Your source isn't much of a source. Looks like a site for children. That being said I'm not in favor of relating stories like that to children.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penitent_thief

Dismas was the name given to the penitent thief in the Acts of Pilate now known as the Gospel of Nicodemus. A fourth century book. The story about the bath water may come from the visions of a German nun named Katherine Emmerick. Mel Gibson used some of the book someone wrote from her notes after her death. Some Catholics accept the book, which may account for the website, but the Church does not.
[+] 1 user Likes ColdComfort's post
15-05-2017, 01:40 PM
(15-05-2017 01:06 PM)ColdComfort Wrote:  but the Church does not.

Yeah, if it ain't official fiction then it's bad.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
15-05-2017, 02:17 PM
Who's Jesus?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post