Help for teenage - atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
24-05-2012, 11:11 AM
RE: Help for teenage - atheists
(24-05-2012 08:33 AM)MrGibsonguitarman Wrote:  I really loved the video, I was a closet atheist until a few days ago. My mom walked into my room while I wasn't there and looked at my youtube history on my phone O.o and saw I had watched a few Christopher Hitchens debates. It didn't go over well lol.

Wow that must be horrible if your mom just snoops on your stuff.

How does watching hitchens debates show that your atheist? A debate has two sides, how could she know your supporting hitchens' point of view?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2012, 01:14 PM
i always thought that these things would not happen anymore that humanity has moved past that but since i have seen thethinkingatheist videos and this forum i now see that this is still happening Sad

24-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Wow man. Today I listened to the teenager podcast.
I was so moved and upset from the adopted boy who came out to his mom and her response was "God, I'm glad, you are not my real son!"
I swear I felt like crying, that must have hurt so much!
My hun and I talked about this and we agreed that saying something like that, as a parent, is unforgivable.
You keep being thankful for the past, you keep helping at home and doing your best to keep the family peace, and than you move out once you are of age, and never look back. Saying "thanks for everything you did for me, but after what you said you are not my family anymore."
I still feel so sad about this... When I get kids I hope I am a cooler mom!

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
26-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Thank you for your words. I was glad that I could get my voice out, and I am glad that people like you are out there!
26-05-2012, 08:03 PM
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...e-Atheists
27-05-2012, 03:29 PM
(24-05-2012 11:11 AM)Magoo Wrote:  She looked at the history and found that I had been looking at Hitchen's debates, vs christians, muslims, etc. But the atheist was always there (Hitchens) so...she kind of assumed, and she was right. Plus I had been reading The Case For Christ and taking notes on it (ripping it apart haha) but I'm not sure if she'd seen those.

(24-05-2012 08:33 AM)MrGibsonguitarman Wrote:  I really loved the video, I was a closet atheist until a few days ago. My mom walked into my room while I wasn't there and looked at my youtube history on my phone O.o and saw I had watched a few Christopher Hitchens debates. It didn't go over well lol.

Wow that must be horrible if your mom just snoops on your stuff.

How does watching hitchens debates show that your atheist? A debate has two sides, how could she know your supporting hitchens' point of view?

Carpe Diem
08-07-2012, 06:16 PM
Ok guys well long story short i had mentioned to my mom that i was atheist which lead slowly to her treating me like dirt. I have a couple of brothers and a sister who get into alot of trouble infact i seemed to be the only one going anywhere in this faimly. To even be more ironic during those years of stress i supported my mom through so much. I seemed to be the only thing good she had in this world and she was the only thing i really had in this world. Well at one point of her slowly treating me like dirt i brought it to her attention and thats when she made it very clear of how she feels about it. I am no better then a rapist or killer and i worship satin. I am sure many people would not feel to great after having the only person in there life turning there back on them in shame but im not going to get anywhere being depressed about stuff like that. I choose to make my good grades and never get in any trouble because its the right thing to do even though my other siblings choose to break stuff, get tickets, not finish school or get kicked out of school, and do drugs. Well at this point in time i would really love some advice from people would can understand thank you.
[+] 2 users Like Thedude5555's post
08-07-2012, 09:39 PM
(08-07-2012 06:16 PM)Thedude5555 Wrote:  Ok guys well long story short i had mentioned to my mom that i was atheist which lead slowly to her treating me like dirt. I have a couple of brothers and a sister who get into alot of trouble infact i seemed to be the only one going anywhere in this faimly. To even be more ironic during those years of stress i supported my mom through so much. I seemed to be the only thing good she had in this world and she was the only thing i really had in this world. Well at one point of her slowly treating me like dirt i brought it to her attention and thats when she made it very clear of how she feels about it. I am no better then a rapist or killer and i worship satin. I am sure many people would not feel to great after having the only person in there life turning there back on them in shame but im not going to get anywhere being depressed about stuff like that. I choose to make my good grades and never get in any trouble because its the right thing to do even though my other siblings choose to break stuff, get tickets, not finish school or get kicked out of school, and do drugs. Well at this point in time i would really love some advice from people would can understand thank you.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...e-Atheists

If ya want, I coukd start a teenage Skype Chat.

If ya have Skype.

I know what your going through... While my mom doesn't say such things, I know it is on her mind. She doesn't speak to me, and I seem to be an embaressment to them, an embaressment to their religion.

You can talk to me.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
11-07-2012, 01:29 AM
(08-07-2012 06:16 PM)Thedude5555 Wrote:  I am no better then a rapist or killer and i worship satin.

Hey, I also worship satin, I think it is a great material... Mmmmm, so nice...

[Image: Silk_Stretch_Satin_xlarge.jpeg]

As for the advice, you do not need to even talk to your mother, you seem to be a bright guy, so just use your actions, good grades and normal behaviour to show how you do actually worship satin, but not Satan. And how all your siblings who believe in God are drug users who left school, while you are a heathen, an atheist and a baby eater, but you have good grades, don't do drugs, don't get into trouble, etc... Just leave your mother alone for a while and don't feel bad about how she treats you, maybe she just needs a bit of time to see your true values.

And you know what? It is your God given right to believe what you will, free will and all that, so enjoy in your new freedom.

Welcome to satin worshippers!

Bowing

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
11-07-2012, 06:00 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2012 03:12 PM by Atothetheist.)
(11-07-2012 01:29 AM)Filox Wrote:  
(08-07-2012 06:16 PM)Thedude5555 Wrote:  I am no better then a rapist or killer and i worship satin.

Hey, I also worship satin, I think it is a great material... Mmmmm, so nice...

[Image: Silk_Stretch_Satin_xlarge.jpeg]

As for the advice, you do not need to even talk to your mother, you seem to be a bright guy, so just use your actions, good grades and normal behaviour to show how you do actually worship satin, but not Satan. And how all your siblings who believe in God are drug users who left school, while you are a heathen, an atheist and a baby eater, but you have good grades, don't do drugs, don't get into trouble, etc... Just leave your mother alone for a while and don't feel bad about how she treats you, maybe she just needs a bit of time to see your true values.

And you know what? It is your God given right to believe what you will, free will and all that, so enjoy in your new freedom.

Welcome to satin worshippers!

Bowing
Blush Satin ain't my thing.... But I just love Prada. Omg.... Prada is just,like, sooooo kyuute! (say this with a manly valley girl accent)

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.