Help for teenage - atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-05-2014, 10:36 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2014 10:44 PM by RecursiveRecursion.)
RE: Help for teenage - atheists
Ooo boy! No joke here, I didn't know that there were people who don't believe in god until I was 10. I lived in that part of Kentucky. Everyone, and I do mean everyone in the town was a Christian. We grew up in fear of the evil moslums (who were really just satanists in disguise) and had no idea what 'eevilooshun' was.

Sarcasm and intentional misspellings aside, it wasn't until we moved that I really got opportunities to think for myself, and do research, and discover. Eventually, I couldn't believe in god anymore, which was less than pleasing to my parents. (They literally used 15/20 arguments from the top 10 videos, which I already had answers to.) We eventually reached a standstill, and we don't talk about religion anymore. But now I've discovered I'm gay, and I think that might be enough to push them over the edge. Any tips on how not to get electroshock therapy?
EDIT: I just pushed us onto page four, and I'm proud of it.

What the heck is a signature? -RecursiveRecursion
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2014, 08:41 AM
RE: Help for teenage - atheists
It's hard to respect your parents if they can't respect your difference in religious views.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply