Help fund improving science education with our students!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2014, 06:52 PM
Help fund improving science education with our students!
A friend, Mark Meredith, who teaches biology at a nearby school district, has set up a DonorsChoose site to try to get funding to purchase a set of hominid skulls for use by his students and mine, as well as others in other districts. The set is over $2300 and neither his nor my school will fund it, so we're hoping crowd sourcing will do it.

We're currently on the way with funding but still well shy of the goal. Hopefully this isn't violating any rules here, but I'm asking for your help. We all know how pitiful evolution education tends to be across the country, and especially in the south where we teach. Mark and I both devote our entire biology/AP Biology/microbiology/anatomy curricula to the underlying framework of evolution (as it should be!), and we need access to tools like these to make the obvious reality of our ancestry tangible for our students.

If you can spare even a few dollars, that would be amazing. Through Sunday (October 12, 2014), if you use the code SPARK at checkout it will even double your donation up to $100!

The link to the fundraiser is:
http://www.donorschoose.org/we-teach/258...rters=true

Thank you very much for your time and consideration!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-10-2014, 05:19 AM
RE: Help fund improving science education with our students!
We are about halfway to our goal! We have until February before DonorsChoose will cancel this fundraiser and make us allot the money to something else.

Come on folks, we're talking about real, hard core EVOLUTION EDUCATION IN ARKANSAS. This state has had 3 State Supreme Court cases over this and creationism trying to creep in. We need all the tools we can get to combat the arsenal of idiocy we encounter on a daily basis. Many of our local churches will have speakers come in for the sole purpose of promoting ignorance or myths about evolution.

We appreciate any support!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply