Help me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2018, 07:06 PM
RE: Help me
I am sorry to hear that you have to go through this.
Everything I thought while reading your post has already been said and there isn't anything I can add.
Just wanted you to know that we at TTA care about you and we can empathize as you see.
But please don't make any rushed decisions right now. Please stay safe!

Captain Underpants
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
07-02-2018, 12:11 AM
(06-02-2018 05:02 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Please be very careful about your own internet security. By that I mean always wipe your history to keep any of these people from seeing that you're visiting here. And keep it password protected with something entirely nonsensical that nobody would ever be able to guess. You seem to be in a horrible situation and I feel for you. Get as much education as you are able to, in as wide a variety of areas as possible. You never know where help or inspiration may be found.

I'd read the responses in this thread, wipe the browser history and not come back. Seriously. If your cover gets blown they'll go even harder with the brainwashing attempt, and they'll realise that you might be faking it so they'll watch you even more closely.

Rather make sure that you sing the songs, read the scriptures etc. Be the best at what they want. Tell them you thought about it and realised you were going down a dark path, so you asked Jesus to help you. Be convincing. It sucks balls but, and this is important, it sucks *so* much less than what could potentially happen if they find out you're an atheist. So be patient. When you're 18, get the hell out.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
07-02-2018, 01:30 AM
(05-02-2018 11:39 PM)morondog Wrote:  The one exception to this advice is if there's been any crime committed, especially on you personally. If for example you are being beaten, or abused in some other way, you need to get out - go to the police. But if you don't have anything like that going on, you need to sit tight.
Personally I'd say that you are already being mentally abused, and it ought to be a crime.
Unfortunately, there are places in the world where little children can be abused by their parents and organisations such as your church.
What should or should not be becomes beside the point.

As a child, an adolescent, you are probably predisposed to look at the world in a black and white way. Probably predisposed to let this eat away at you, to wear you down and have you become full of anger and resentment.
You might not be like this, but you might be, I don't know.

The way to survive is not to look at it as black and white. Look at it as survival. Try to keep your sanity. I expect they will try to wear you down. They will sleep deprive you, they will ostracise you, unless you tow the line.

If you tow the line then they will praise you and pretend to be your best friend. They will give you privileges and they will trust you. Your life will get better. Up until the point you either run away or get old enough to move out.

So, I would say, lie to everyone, tell them that you love Jesus. Mimic what they do. Become one of them (on the outside).

But yeah, if they touch you in places, or if they try to marry you off, or if they beat you, then you must leave, must call the cops.
07-02-2018, 01:36 AM
(06-02-2018 09:53 AM)julep Wrote:  My father did, at one point, drive 600 miles to break into my apartment to "check" on me, and he had handcuffs, a gun, and ropes in his van
OMG!

Is this what it is to be Christ like?
Did Jesus go around handcuffing and gagging children!
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
16-02-2018, 05:55 PM
(07-02-2018 01:36 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
(06-02-2018 09:53 AM)julep Wrote:  My father did, at one point, drive 600 miles to break into my apartment to "check" on me, and he had handcuffs, a gun, and ropes in his van
OMG!

Except that julep was in college...an adult.

It would have been assault, battery and kidnapping, in the name of Jesus. Ohmy

Disappointing theists since 1968
[+] 1 user Likes A. Secular Human's post
16-02-2018, 06:08 PM
(16-02-2018 05:55 PM)A. Secular Human Wrote:  
(07-02-2018 01:36 AM)Stevil Wrote:  OMG!

Except that julep was in college...an adult.

Actually I was a couple of years out of college, I was 23. But to my father I was still his child and he had both authority over me and responsibility for me.

About a year before, my farther had written a nine-page letter to me about how he'd exorcised demons from a woman he'd been on a date with. In the process of the exorcism he'd "needed" to tie her to a chair for the whole night.

My father went a little mental in the several years after my mother left him (in a way that got him fired from his missionary job) and eventually stabilized, somewhat, but at that time he was seeing Satan everywhere.
16-02-2018, 10:31 PM
Julep
Hug
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
16-02-2018, 10:34 PM
(16-02-2018 06:08 PM)julep Wrote:  
(16-02-2018 05:55 PM)A. Secular Human Wrote:  Except that julep was in college...an adult.

Actually I was a couple of years out of college, I was 23. But to my father I was still his child and he had both authority over me and responsibility for me.

About a year before, my farther had written a nine-page letter to me about how he'd exorcised demons from a woman he'd been on a date with. In the process of the exorcism he'd "needed" to tie her to a chair for the whole night.

My father went a little mental in the several years after my mother left him (in a way that got him fired from his missionary job) and eventually stabilized, somewhat, but at that time he was seeing Satan everywhere.

That might be one of the most frightening things I’ve ever heard. Glad you made it through those dark times.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
18-02-2018, 10:07 PM
(05-02-2018 09:45 PM)Lii Wrote:  Heyo! I'm a 15 year old atheist who's in need of some serious advice. I live in an incredibly religious community. One of those places where you can drive all over town and all you can see are churches. My family are the worst out of all of the bigots. I'm homeschooled, go to Church three days a week, and can't go one second without hearing about how good their invisible creator is. The advice will be split up into three separate posts. This one will be about church.

I swear on Darwin's grave that the "church" I go to is a literal colt. Religion's a colt too, but nowhere near these proportions. Let's start with the fact that I live in the same neighborhood as these fools and the stalk me while I'm on my runs. They found out where I work and stalk me there too. Last time I was at church , I caught one of them peering through my sketch book, a horrible violation of privacy Thank goodness I hadn't brought the one I brood in because it would have been all over for me. Got told my cartoons were too worldly.

The colt teaches all the fundemental hoo has that we've all heard before so I won't go too far into it. Basically gays go to hell, women must submit, purity, god is everything blah blah blah. Its sickening. They've twisted the Bible, to fit them when it's convenient however and boast about how we should not be doing science and math. If it wasn't federal law, the pastor would preach not to school your children.

Speaking of children, they've got their indoctrination systems to a T. They have the younger kids off to the side behind closed doors, so I can't say much about them but the youth house is the worst!. Were separated from the rest of the church in a house a couple meters away. All the doors have been removed and sealed off so that you can only get in from one place. And out. There is no way you can leave without someone noticing. The teachings are so twisted i often feel trapped. This led to me climbing out the second story window. I got caught. Parents were notified and I lied that I had felt sick and there was someone taking up the bathroom. Now I'm constantly squished between two adults to make sure I can never escape again. This environment is toxic and I need help. If anyone has been in a similar situation and lived to tell the tale please post some advice because I'm friggin desperate. Thank you for reading.

Wow this sounds terrible. I'm sorry you're in this position.

Please, bide your time until you can move out. Do not tell anyone you're an atheist, don't let anyone catch you coming on here. As soon as you're of age to move out, do so. Get yourself a job, save up some cash and get the fuck out.
19-02-2018, 05:59 PM
Just a helpful correction, it's Cult, a colt is a young horse

I grew up in a similar environment. I've been stalked by the church and my own family. I had family members stalk my ex wife back when we were still married and would air her dirty laundry out in front of the entire family or try to confront me with it to correct my wife. Like I didn't know what she was doing.... SMH... I knew when she was having an affair even long before she left, but none of that was my family or the churches business.

You say you need help, do you have a specific question or situation you need help with? I know it's hard as hell when you're 15 to get away.

Here's my list of very general advice... Hope it helps.
1. Make sure you learn to clear your cookies and browser history from any computer you use or they'll find out you've been on TTA. Clear that browser history, for your own safety. People can be pretty ignorant about computers but they share info on how to look up what you've been doing.

2. Find a friend or pen pal or something, someone you can talk to and vent to. I had no one, but I would imagine that having someone to talk too might have changed everything.

3. If you're being beaten, or abused in any way don't hide it. I was roughed up (putting it mildly) and other shit, I told a "family friend' that ended in dissaster and for 30 years I kept it hidden after that. So learn from my mistakes please, don't trust people who know your family or are connected with your church but do tell someone if that's happening. Please.

4. Make a plan to get free, save your money. Money is everything until you can stand on your own two feet and be safe and free. Horde it then move away, find people you can trust that won't hurt you. You may have to always keep your family at a distance or risk them manipulating you or destroying your life.

5. Don't ever give up. It can be far worse than any description of hell i've ever heard but you have to live through it. Things can't get better if you give up ya?

I hope you stay safe.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post