Help me fill the void !

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2013, 07:37 AM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2013 07:49 AM by H2O2.)
Help me fill the void !
hello,
I recently finished "The Name of the Wind" and now i have nothing to read Sad . I hate the moment when you turn the last page of a book and then its just over. Does anybody know a good book to fill the void (preferably fantasy, i am on a fantasy book streak at the moment )?

thanks Smile

EDIT: No i am not interested in reading the bible XD (before somebody suggests it )
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2013, 08:04 AM
RE: Help me fill the void !
DAMN! Too quick, you are. Wink

I suggest the addictively entertaining writing of Michelle West and her series The House of War. I've gotten my hands on The Hidden City and City of the Night. Well worth the read if you want to be wrapped in a blanket of "oh sorry, I lost myself in a book… again.".

Yes, it's fantasy. Much like the bible.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
29-08-2013, 08:15 AM
(29-08-2013 08:04 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Yes, it's fantasy. Much like the bible.

but hopefully better written (i have read parts of the bible ) and more entertaining Big Grin

thanks for the suggestion , i will definitely take a look at them !
29-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Should we assume that you have already read the Song Of Ice and Fire sagas?

29-08-2013, 09:28 AM
For light reading I would suggest the Eragon series decent read with a good enough wrap-up.

For heavier reading I would go with Frank Herbert's "Dune" one of the all time great works but the entire series is a bit overwhelming coming in at 17 books (if you include all the stuff by Brian Herbert) but still well worth the investment.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
29-08-2013, 10:23 AM
(29-08-2013 09:18 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Should we assume that you have already read the Song Of Ice and Fire sagas?

Yes Smile

(29-08-2013 09:28 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  For light reading I would suggest the Eragon series decent read with a good enough wrap-up.

For heavier reading I would go with Frank Herbert's "Dune" one of the all time great works but the entire series is a bit overwhelming coming in at 17 books (if you include all the stuff by Brian Herbert) but still well worth the investment.

SPOILERS!:
I did read eragon, i liked books 1-3 but the last one not so much. I mean "Dungeon of souls" was kinda obvious what it was ( A: dragon eggs B: dragon soul stones C: dragon colony), the author made that way to easy to guess. But still a nice series.

Frank Herbert's "Dune" looks amazing ( jugging by the wikipedia artikle ) , thanks Smile
29-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Escape From Camp 14
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Wicked Lovely Series by Melissa Marr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user