Help me find this guy's fallacies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2014, 09:33 AM
RE: Help me find this guy's fallacies
(20-03-2014 08:18 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Thanks for all the replies again Smile

Sadly, he answered today, proving to me that he didn't understand a word I told him.

"I asked the same thing in another forum and an evolutionary biologist (he gave me the link and the "evolutionary biologist" happens to be a person I know and is nothing more than a translator Laugh out load ) told me that science still has questions to be answered. She didn't try and justify herself and talk about octopi and dolphins. You should learn by people like this and not be so arrogant in your belief in the lie of evolution."

That's all he said. I asked him why he hasn't gone to pick up his Nobel prize yet since he has so much evidence against evolution Drinking Beverage

I'd have to things to say to that:

1) Repeat what you said and hold his feet to the fire. Make him answer it, rather than allowing him to say he talked to some unnamed scientist and that guy didn't have answers, so he's not going to listen to your answers.

2) Pull the same shit on him. Tell him you talked to a Christian authority who who didn't have answers, and that he shouldn't be so arrogant in his belief in the lie of Christianity. See? Super easy to reverse that crap.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
20-03-2014, 09:43 AM
(20-03-2014 09:33 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(20-03-2014 08:18 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Thanks for all the replies again Smile

Sadly, he answered today, proving to me that he didn't understand a word I told him.

"I asked the same thing in another forum and an evolutionary biologist (he gave me the link and the "evolutionary biologist" happens to be a person I know and is nothing more than a translator Laugh out load ) told me that science still has questions to be answered. She didn't try and justify herself and talk about octopi and dolphins. You should learn by people like this and not be so arrogant in your belief in the lie of evolution."

That's all he said. I asked him why he hasn't gone to pick up his Nobel prize yet since he has so much evidence against evolution Drinking Beverage

I'd have to things to say to that:

1) Repeat what you said and hold his feet to the fire. Make him answer it, rather than allowing him to say he talked to some unnamed scientist and that guy didn't have answers, so he's not going to listen to your answers.

2) Pull the same shit on him. Tell him you talked to a Christian authority who who didn't have answers, and that he shouldn't be so arrogant in his belief in the lie of Christianity. See? Super easy to reverse that crap.

^This.
The best way to deal with idiotic arguments is to reverse it.

Atir aissom atir imon
20-03-2014, 09:56 AM
(19-03-2014 01:20 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  There's a guy telling me that evolution is not true because if it was, we would expect to see other kinds of life as intelligent as humans. If evolution made humans smart, why not any other kind of animal after so many years? He presents this as a necessary condition for evolution.

I could probably answer to that, but I'd like to focus on the fallacies in there. Help?

Because what happens in evolution is:
When one gets a advantage that is same to another,
there is competition. When there is competition, the one that has the most polished version, wins, and survives.
The one that didn't win, either does these: Join the Winners (Breed with them. But you have a chance of being rejected, and by rejected, I mean your offspring doesn't survive.) or Take the loss. (Go extinct.)

That's why the neanderthals died out when the doubly wise man arised. (Homo Sapien.) It's ecological competition. The Homo Sapiens had an more polished advantage that allowed them to survive, making the neanderthals die out because of the competition and them not being able to gather resources.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
20-03-2014, 09:58 AM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2014 10:02 AM by RobbyPants.)
Here's the thing with that guy's approach: he's taking a completely backward approach to what you'd do about finding things out. A normal person would look for a second opinion if they were actually looking for answers. The thing is, he's not. He's hoping to find an "authority" who has no answers to fulfill his world view. Imagine if he did that with something a little more... verifiable.

Scenario 1:

You: That grinding noise is probably your car's wheel bearings. You should look into that.

Him: Oh yeah!? Let me talk to an expert!

Mechanic 1: Hmm... never heard that noise before. I'm stumped!

Him: I'd like another opinion!

Mechanic 2: Definitely your back left wheel bearing. You should get that fixed in the near future.

Him: Well, looks like you were right.

Scenario 2:

You:

That grinding noise is probably your car's wheel bearings. You should look into that.

Him: Oh yeah!? Let me talk to an expert!

Mechanic 1: Definitely your back left wheel bearing. You should get that fixed in the near future.

Mechanic 2: Sounds like a bad bearing.

Mechanic 3: That's a bad bearing making that grinding noise.

Mechanic: Hmm... never heard that noise before. I'm stumped!

Him: See! You can't possibly know that! I know an expert who's stumped!

I mean, what the actual fuck? Who does that?
[+] 5 users Like RobbyPants's post