Help me out with this dumbass teacher

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2017, 09:43 PM
RE: Help me out with this dumbass teacher
(01-04-2017 04:26 PM)Jokurix Wrote:  
(01-04-2017 04:22 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Ask him to assign homework to the entire class so everyone can research all the historical records about jesus. Nothing can come from the bible. It must all be from other authors that witnessed first hand the resurrection.

Then once everyone has gathered all their historical research, we'll put it all on a timeline banner out in the hallway for everyone to read.

That sounds like you want me to get murdered by my own classmates Laughat

Don't worry, you'll probably rise from the dead after 3 days. People do it all the time.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
01-04-2017, 10:06 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2017 10:15 PM by M. Linoge.)
You could ask your teacher if he's familiar with the Egyptian god Amen (also Amun or Amon).

"Amun was one of the most powerful gods in ancient Egypt. At the height of Egyptian civilisation he was called the 'King of the Gods'"

Wikipedia - "After the rebellion of Thebes against the Hyksos and with the rule of Ahmose I (16th century BC), Amun acquired national importance, expressed in his fusion with the Sun god, Ra, as Amun-Ra or Amun-Re.

Amun-Ra retained chief importance in the Egyptian pantheon throughout the New Kingdom (with the exception of the "Atenist heresy" under Akhenaten). Amun-Ra in this period (16th to 11th centuries BC) held the position of transcendental, self-created[2] creator deity "par excellence", he was the champion of the poor or troubled and central to personal piety.[3] His position as King of Gods developed to the point of virtual monotheism where other gods became manifestations of him."

Almost forgot. This ancient pagan sun-god-king coincidentally manifested himself in the form of a sheep. (specificaly a ram)
[Image: 116200-004-51B73080.jpg]

"Praise the Lord, Amen. Amen." - Suddenly takes on a new (older) meaning.

Look it up.

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
[+] 1 user Likes M. Linoge's post
01-04-2017, 10:14 PM
(01-04-2017 10:06 PM)M. Linoge Wrote:  You could ask your teacher if he's familiar with the Egyptian god Amen (also Amun or Amon).

"Amun was one of the most powerful gods in ancient Egypt. At the height of Egyptian civilisation he was called the 'King of the Gods'"

Wikipedia - "After the rebellion of Thebes against the Hyksos and with the rule of Ahmose I (16th century BC), Amun acquired national importance, expressed in his fusion with the Sun god, Ra, as Amun-Ra or Amun-Re.

Amun-Ra retained chief importance in the Egyptian pantheon throughout the New Kingdom (with the exception of the "Atenist heresy" under Akhenaten). Amun-Ra in this period (16th to 11th centuries BC) held the position of transcendental, self-created[2] creator deity "par excellence", he was the champion of the poor or troubled and central to personal piety.[3] His position as King of Gods developed to the point of virtual monotheism where other gods became manifestations of him."

Almost forgot. This ancient sun-god-king coincidentally manifested himself in the form of a sheep. (specificaly a ram)

Look it up.

How come none of the universe creating god ever expressed themselves as an animal unknown to the fucking locals? It would be a bit more legit if Yahweh or Amun-Ra took the form of an American Bison or an Australian Kangaroo.

Just sayin'...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
01-04-2017, 10:18 PM
(01-04-2017 10:14 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(01-04-2017 10:06 PM)M. Linoge Wrote:  You could ask your teacher if he's familiar with the Egyptian god Amen (also Amun or Amon).

Almost forgot. This ancient sun-god-king coincidentally manifested himself in the form of a sheep. (specificaly a ram)

Look it up.

How come none of the universe creating god ever expressed themselves as an animal unknown to the fucking locals? It would be a bit more legit if Yahweh or Amun-Ra took the form of an American Bison or an Australian Kangaroo.

Just sayin'...

I'm kinda partial to little slothys.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-04-2017, 10:59 PM
(01-04-2017 11:40 AM)Jokurix Wrote:  You see, ever since September, this teacher has proved to me that he's a complete blind dumbass.

Unfortunately, this applies to far too many teachers the world over—more do with those teaching within religion-based schools (regardless of whether or not they display religious iconographs). Many older teachers here in Australia "only" have a Bachelor of Arts degree (BA) which is considered an easy degree compared with a STEM degree.

Quote:First day of class he asks out if there's any atheists, from which only I raise my hand fearlessly. Ever since that day he always tries to find a way to put me in a spotlight through his dumb preaching questions.

It's reasonable to let the teacher and your class know that you're an atheist, but I'd say that's as far as I'd let it go. If he tries to put you in the spotlight, then I'd work at defusing the situation—by not making any contradictory claims about religion that are likely to spark his harassing behaviour. You might have to bite your tongue though.

Quote:I've had about 6 religion subject teachers, none of these previous ones put me on a spotlight, they teach comparative religion and speak about justice/morals without even tying it to God.

Yep. I have no qualms with teaching comparative religion from a purely historical standpoint. It's an interwoven and inevitable part of the history of our societies—even from an atheistic viewpoint. It often (unwittingly?) illustrates just how stupid formal religions were, and still are today.

Quote:He has made very outrageous claims (like ladies who supposedly saw Mary and as doctors tried to put syringes in them and the needles broke magically)

Again... you need to bite your tongue (sorry) and don't rise to the bait. Don't attempt to vocally disagree with his fairy stories in front of the class. If this bloke is a half-reasonable teacher, he might be happy to have a chat with you after class about your viewpoints, rather than in front of the class. If he's a dumbass, he could well be gaining false courage from your other classmates who may well be on "his side" (supporting a bully?) or simply currying their favour in order to massage his own ego. On his own, it might be a different thing.

Quote:Generally I always try to defend my position and say bullshit to his claims, but his favorite argument is interrupting me by saying "no" twice and then spewing baseless BS. Since that day I try not to even argue with him, but he keeps questioning me specifically.

I'm guessing you may want to "defend" your position a little less vociferously—you're probably wasting your time ultimately. And I wouldn't necessarily and/or openly describe his claims as "bullshit", it'll only aggravate him more and encourage his further picking on you. Discretion is the better part of valour.

Quote:Can you teach me what is historically accurate about Jesus and what is not, specially about the deal of resurrection, with sources if possible?

According to 1 Corinthians 15 it says: For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles.

So purportedly, only around 500 people ever saw him. Except that most of them were imaginary, or unnamed LOL. You might like you check out THIS site for a few facts about the bloke called Jesus—who in all likelihood didn't exist as recorded in the Abrahamic bible.

—Good luck.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
03-04-2017, 10:54 PM
This teacher is being an unprofessional bully. If you are friends with a different staff member, I'd confide in them.

This person should lose their job.

Disappointing theists since 1968
[+] 1 user Likes A. Secular Human's post
04-04-2017, 07:25 AM
That sucks, and to be honest it's up to you if you really want to prove anything to this guy, but for what it's worth it may not be something he'll change his mind on. I personally find it's very hard to make a theist think about anything they haven't actively already thought about. So trying to change somebodies mind, when they blindly believe their own garbage isn't going to work. That and it sounds like he wants an argument, which should never be the case when you want to logically look at something.

I'd just tell him to stop singling you out, and focus on his teaching.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
04-04-2017, 09:02 AM
Just challenge him to a dance off. Tell him he's about to get served Step Up Channing Tatum style.