Help me out

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2011, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2011 01:33 PM by Starcrash.)
RE: Help me out
(27-12-2011 04:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Prayer isn't for God. Like I said, it's for us. Yes, it's to communicate with God. He let's us know His decisions and sometimes why He makes the decisions. The "stone-bread" thing is a metaphor for God's intentions. He isn't going to give us something that is going to be useless for harmful if we ask for something else. He's going to give us what we need according to His plan. The "bread" could be nothing; and, during prayer, He could reveal to us why it's nothing.

Does that make sense? Am I being clear? I feel like I'm being a little convoluted.

I got a lot of replies like this, and none of them make sense in context... I'm discussing a very specific prayer session between Jesus and God. Why does Jesus need God's help in making decisions? What does Jesus need to learn about God?

Every answer I got that wasn't along the lines of specifically why God turned down his request was along this lines, and I truly don't get why. People keep trying to frame it as "why I pray" rather than "why Jesus would pray". None of their answers make sense for his case. Your answer doesn't, either. Jesus was already perfect, wasn't he? And yet you think there was a benefit to him to be praying despite knowing that his request would get shot down?
(28-12-2011 10:45 PM)Bairny Wrote:  Why did you go to a Catholic forum if you're not a believer? Or are you a critical believer?

Once again, I'm not attempting to criticise or troll, I'm just wondering about the motivation so please don't be upset or aggressive.

If we, as athiests, deliberately challenge beliefs then aren't we simply doing as Christians do?

Christians don't "simply do" everything wrong. What's bad about theists visiting this forum and giving us their views? We can only guess what they think otherwise. And they hold us accountable when we're wrong (and we as humans, despite being atheists, are often wrong).

I am accountability over there. They don't have to guess how atheists feel or act, or how an atheist would answer their challenges. They can hear it straight from an atheist.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post