Help me pick an updated book cover. Bacon and waffles.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2013, 01:45 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 01:49 AM by Buddy Christ.)
Help me pick an updated book cover. Bacon and waffles.
My book is still doing great in eSales, but physical book-wise, no one wants to haul around a giant 600 page phone book. So I'm putting out an Old and New Testament version so that people have the option of smaller, cheaper books. I also added the Chapters (Mark, John) in the top corners, as per suggestion by forum members.

Don't complain, those who have already paid are in possession of rare first editions. Gotta be worth money right?

Anyways, I'm also looking to spruce up my cover. I've always liked my picture, but the rest of the cover is plain and depressing.

So I wanted to get your opinions on these potential pictures to be added.

The picture that I decide to go with will be hi-resolution and void of all the annoying watermarks of these samples, so just pretend that its a clear, awesome picture.

The first option transitions nicely with the black bottom and calm colors. My only concern here is the color scheme of the top and bottom pic. Bright brown vs dim purple.

[Image: cover4_zps4294d9ef.png]

This one I tried to get a closer color scheme, but I'm not crazy about the abrupt change to blackness, makes the middle section stand out too much.

[Image: cover3_zps12575bda.png]

This one is my least favorite because bright vibrant blue doesn't look right mixed with brown, but still... it's pretty. It grabs your attention.

[Image: cover2_zpsb72fa612.png]

This one I really like because of how natural it looks. Makes it look like it's part of the middle part instead of being another obvious top picture. Remember the resolution will be clear in the actual picture. Like this.

[Image: cover6_zpsf5e4c12c.png]

This one I like as well. It's attention grabbing and uplifting. My only problem is again the color scheme. Bright orange doesn't quite go with light brown.

[Image: cover5_zps5867468e.png]

This one is my favorite at the moment. The colors fit perfectly, it doesn't completely steal your attention away from the rest of the cover. It's complementary. Will look this clear.

[Image: cover1_zps771b4a14.png]

Also let me know if the title text looks crappy. My fonts are limited and I'm not quite sure how else I can arrange the words.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2013, 01:53 AM
RE: Help me pick an updated book cover. Bacon and waffles.
That's REALLY great that people are buying it !!!
Congrats !!!

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
02-04-2013, 02:03 AM
That sounded like sarcasm.

Don't get excited until I pop out my 2nd book. 873% of the humor, 0% of the tedious scripture.

It's been 5 months and several hundred copies later, and my mother still refuses to acknowledge that it exists. Even though I have like 4 copies laying around and people ask her about it. My religious grandma called me her "brave and outspoken grandson" which was the closest thing to a reference that I got.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
02-04-2013, 02:16 AM
(02-04-2013 02:03 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  That sounded like sarcasm.

Sad
Not sarcasm.

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
02-04-2013, 02:19 AM
(02-04-2013 02:16 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 02:03 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  That sounded like sarcasm.

Sad
Not sarcasm.

...was THAT sarcasm?

I don't believe in sarcasm. It's against my religion.

Sidenote: should my book be scratch-n-sniff bacon scented?

[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
02-04-2013, 02:54 AM
You can change the colour scheme easy enough in photoshop.

ie, you like the first one but don't like how the colour doesn't match with the sand?
Not a problem:

[Image: 2rrnuyc.jpg]

Now the colours match and it still looks realistic and unaltered.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
02-04-2013, 02:56 AM
No. But I like the new bright blue cover.
I would also move the "by" up above your name, so your name is all by itself.

02-04-2013, 02:57 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 03:01 AM by Buddy Christ.)
(02-04-2013 02:54 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You can change the colour scheme easy enough in photoshop.

ie, you like the first one but don't like how the colour doesn't match with the sand?
Not a problem:

Coolness. That one also transitions nicely into the title.

Quote:I would also move the "by" up above your name, so your name is all by itself.

"By" is a funny word when placed by itself. I may just omit it completely and leave my name.

[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
02-04-2013, 07:45 AM
(02-04-2013 02:57 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 02:54 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You can change the colour scheme easy enough in photoshop.

Not a problem:

Coolness. That one also transitions nicely into the title.

Quote:I would also move the "by" up above your name, so your name is all by itself.

"By" is a funny word when placed by itself. I may just omit it completely and leave my name.

Yabut. Then you can get the subliminal advertising of "buy." Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-04-2013, 08:31 AM
I prefer the second exactly because of the abrupt, eye catching change from "dark to light" (pun intended).

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce