Help me plan my trip to Australia, please!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2014, 05:31 AM
RE: Help me plan my trip to Australia, please!
(27-03-2014 04:12 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 03:50 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  No one worth while then...

Well tbh, don't you think that CCraze would be truly crazeee to think she's gonna meet anyone worthwhile on her travels?

Smile

The world is full of possibility! Thumbsup

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2014, 05:40 AM
(27-03-2014 05:31 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 04:12 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Well tbh, don't you think that CCraze would be truly crazeee to think she's gonna meet anyone worthwhile on her travels?

Smile

The world is full of possibility! Thumbsup

Yes. And most of those possibilities, I'm sure you want to avoid at all costs.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-03-2014, 05:41 AM
(27-03-2014 05:40 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 05:31 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  The world is full of possibility! Thumbsup

Yes. And most of those possibilities, I'm sure you want to avoid at all costs.

Consider

maybe half.

27-03-2014, 05:46 AM
Melbourne is the nicest city to visit, except for the cold and and wind. It is laid out well, plenty of cafes, etc. The zoo is pretty good, and you can get around pretty well on trams.
Sydney is fairly dense and impersonal. It's not bad though. Check out Coogie beach. There's also plenty to see around the harbour. My family spent a day out at Cockatoo island last time we went there. We enjoyed it but it isn't everyone's cup of tea. The train system is good. As far as Australian cities go the museum is good. The local Zoo is Tarogona, which is good but expensive.
The gold coast is mostly a big tourist trap. It's similar to Sydney's Manly. It has plenty of nightclubs and pubs and things. I have to admit the beach there is pretty nice. It's a shortish train ride from my abode. I don't know whether you are interested in theme parks, but there are a few nearby. You can also head inland from the gold coast to see a bit more wildlife and forest area.

It really depends on what you are looking for. I would tend to head up further north closer to the reef. You get some wonderful wildlife out there, but beware that the further north you go the most hostile water-borne critters can get. First come the stingers, then in the far north the crocodiles. Do your research. My father taught up in Yepoon outside of Rockhampton for a while, and that is a nice spot - if a bit out of the way. The main airport north of Brisbane is Cairns, which could be a good starting point for exploring up there.

Living in Brisbane the place I like going with my wife is Mount Tamborine in the gold coast hinterlands. It's more of a laid back coffee and wine area. The distillery is worth checking out. Nice cafes, nice unchallenging but interesting bush walks. Nice bed and breakfasts. Just don't arrive in a tour bus, or don't let them know that's how you arrived Wink

Oh, and the wet season has started in Queensland. Don't assume you're going to have sunny weather. Or... more to the point expect alternating sunshine and torrential rain.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
27-03-2014, 05:53 AM
(27-03-2014 05:46 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Melbourne is the nicest city to visit, except for the cold and and wind. It is laid out well, plenty of cafes, etc. The zoo is pretty good, and you can get around pretty well on trams.
Sydney is fairly dense and impersonal. It's not bad though. Check out Coogie beach. There's also plenty to see around the harbour. My family spent a day out at Cockatoo island last time we went there. We enjoyed it but it isn't everyone's cup of tea. The train system is good. As far as Australian cities go the museum is good. The local Zoo is Tarogona, which is good but expensive.
The gold coast is mostly a big tourist trap. It's similar to Sydney's Manly. It has plenty of nightclubs and pubs and things. I have to admit the beach there is pretty nice. It's a shortish train ride from my abode. I don't know whether you are interested in theme parks, but there are a few nearby. You can also head inland from the gold coast to see a bit more wildlife and forest area.

It really depends on what you are looking for. I would tend to head up further north closer to the reef. You get some wonderful wildlife out there, but beware that the further north you go the most hostile water-borne critters can get. First come the stingers, then in the far north the crocodiles. Do your research. My father taught up in Yepoon outside of Rockhampton for a while, and that is a nice spot - if a bit out of the way. The main airport north of Brisbane is Cairns, which could be a good starting point for exploring up there.

Living in Brisbane the place I like going with my wife is Mount Tamborine in the gold coast hinterlands. It's more of a laid back coffee and wine area. The distillery is worth checking out. Nice cafes, nice unchallenging but interesting bush walks. Nice bed and breakfasts. Just don't arrive in a tour bus, or don't let them know that's how you arrived Wink

Oh, and the wet season has started in Queensland. Don't assume you're going to have sunny weather. Or... more to the point expect alternating sunshine and torrential rain.

Thanks! I'm sad I can only make it to Sydney on this trip... Australia, y u so big? Sadcryface2

Definitely will be saving for more trips in the future.

27-03-2014, 06:38 AM
(27-03-2014 05:53 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Thanks! I'm sad I can only make it to Sydney on this trip... Australia, y u so big? Sadcryface2

Australia is big 'cause it wants to be big.
With the critter company it keeps, are you willing to stand in the way of that?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-03-2014, 09:36 AM
(27-03-2014 06:38 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 05:53 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Thanks! I'm sad I can only make it to Sydney on this trip... Australia, y u so big? Sadcryface2

Australia is big 'cause it wants to be big.
With the critter company it keeps, are you willing to stand in the way of that?

No no! Critters can have their space Bechased

[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
27-03-2014, 09:46 AM
(27-03-2014 05:53 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Australia, y u so big? Sadcryface2

Pfft. There are five whole countries which are bigger.

Although Australia beats even us for the inhabited-bits-to-desolate-wasteland ratio.

... this is my signature!