Help me settle a bet with a Brit...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2012, 09:08 AM
RE: Help me settle a bet with a Brit...
(11-01-2012 09:05 AM)Leela Wrote:  "this is a dead parrot, it's seased to exist!"
It’s not death... It's just resting...

or, the fish slapping dance
[Image: fish-slapping-dance-o.gif]

Say...
what have you won?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Observer's post
11-01-2012, 09:34 AM
From wiki

Quote:In a 2005 UK poll to find The Comedian's Comedian, three of the six Pythons members were voted by fellow comedians and comedy insiders to be among the top 50 greatest comedians ever: Cleese at #2, Idle at #21, and Palin at #30

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
11-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Its already been mentioned, but we can't have a monty python thread without the watching the black Knight scene.
"What you gonna do? bleed on me"

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
11-01-2012, 12:54 PM
(11-01-2012 09:08 AM)The_observer Wrote:  
(11-01-2012 09:05 AM)Leela Wrote:  "this is a dead parrot, it's seased to exist!"
It’s not death... It's just resting...

or, the fish slapping dance
[Image: fish-slapping-dance-o.gif]

Say...
what have you won?

Love the fish slapping dance!

I haven't won anything yet...I'm waiting to catch her in a non-crazy mood so she doesn't get mad when I tell her the results of this thread. Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
11-01-2012, 02:00 PM
(11-01-2012 10:37 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  

2:54 *GONG!*

Still LMAO after all those years! Big GrinBig Grin

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 2 users Like Observer's post
11-01-2012, 02:20 PM
(11-01-2012 02:00 PM)The_observer Wrote:  2:54 *GONG!*
Still LMAO after all those years! Big GrinBig Grin
Monty python never gets old, its as funny now as the first time i watched them. I bought the complete tv series last year, ive still not watched them all.

"No one expects the spanish inquisition" "Cardinal Fang! Fetch...THE COMFY CHAIR!"

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
11-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Probably my favorite sketch...until the next one I see, then that's my favorite too...

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
25-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Ok, tonight MAY be the night that I spring the news on my crazy Brit friend that people from the UK DO like Python. Wish me luck Or pray for me. If you don't hear from me again, it could be she really couldn't handle the truth and went mental on me.

26-02-2012, 12:58 AM
Well, she remains in doubt of my results. In fact, she rejected all opinions from outside England itself. I told her Scotty owned the whole series and she said, "That's because he's Scottish." I told her Canadians like it and she said, "That's because it's more like Canadian humor (actually she probably said humour), so of course they like it."
Some people just can't get past their denial, I guess. Confused

26-02-2012, 01:18 AM
Speaking as a Brit, it would appear that all our colonies have had the Brit-wit imposed upon them. Same here in SE Asia.
Incidentally, so too with football (the one with the round ball)
I met a whitey in KL (Malaysia) recently and I can honestly say that he was the first Man U fan I'd met who was actually from Manchester.
I don't like to sterotype but I'm with HoC regarding the Brit-lip and lack of lol-ing but I think it's safe to say that you can go to most parts of the world and say "Excuse me, miss", "wa d'ya mean "miss"" and everyone around you will pick it up from there.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post