Help my friend

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Help my friend
her boyfriend (and first guy she had sex with) is starting to be unromantic for the past couple months and they are currently not together, but she is still in love with him and feel like he is binding her and that no other guy is good enough. She feels like she NEEDS him, but I know this is just a kink in the female psychology. What do I tell her?

Fight the system,

~~~but don't mute the opposition!~~~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2011, 11:39 PM
RE: Help my friend
Show her this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeZMIgheZro

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
[+] 2 users Like Efrx86's post
22-06-2011, 12:27 AM
WOW!!! that's so cool! ...and right! ...and kinda just the tiniest little bit wrong.
(21-06-2011 11:39 PM)Efrx86 Wrote:  Show her this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeZMIgheZro
22-06-2011, 06:59 AM
That video is great!!!! I'm actually in a similar situation though it's the difficulty of distance mainly. Emotional attachment is a very hard thing to rationalize. In the moment I'm going to feel it's completely necessary even if it probably isn't. Hopefully things work out and all the effort I've taken towards my relationship is rewarded, but while taking the less rational action I do try to keep myself informed of the alternative conclusions. I'm hoping if things go as wrong as most people feel they will I can at least accept that I have plenty of other choices.

in time things make sense, I think we should all accept the fact that our emotions will sometimes lead us into irrational actions. This is not a problem restricted to women, though often girls are still raised to make these mistakes. Plenty of parents still view the misogynistic teachings of history as the way things should be.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
22-06-2011, 08:51 AM

By "unromantic" I assume you mean he doesn't really give a shit about her any more, or he's bored of her. If this is the case then she's alot better off without him. I hope she can pull herself around this and cross it off as just a past experience and be happy with herself.
Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2011, 11:12 AM
That video was fantastic. I really enjoyed it.

On the topic though, seeing as how I'm not a girl, nor ever have been, nor ever wanted to be, it may seem like I wouldn't be able to relate. You're probably right, but instead of ignoring my ranting I say do exactly as I say because like what the hell, it's just peoples fragile emotions right?

I say let her be. She is I would guess still rather youngish? It's her time to make mistakes with people. Those are what make us who we are in life. Not the right choices but the wrong ones. Anything you might say to her could hurt her, or confuse her, or if she gets with him, it could make her dislike you. It is your job as a friend to be there for her, even when she's a dumbass. If you say anything say that. "I will always be there for you, even when you are being a dumbass." Then hug, and maybe even have pillow fight. Yeah that sounds like a good idea! What are friends for other than a fun pillow fight... and maybe some hugs?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user