Help new car shit....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2015, 02:10 PM
Help new car shit....
Ok, took my mom van to the dealership for service. They pounced on me!

They WANT MY VAN!

Seriously want it.

They're offering us 17k they'll pay it off and I can get a new prius for less than our payment is now.

60 months at zero percent interest.

Husband is the fly in my ointment.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2015, 02:13 PM
RE: Help new car shit....
The other fly is the Prius.....

I'd rather walk...

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
29-05-2015, 02:14 PM
(29-05-2015 02:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Ok, took my mom van to the dealership for service. They pounced on me!

They WANT MY VAN!

Seriously want it.

They're offering us 17k they'll pay it off and I can get a new prius for less than our payment is now.

Are you sure you want to go from a van to a Prius? Think about how much room you use in the van. Think about being in a much smaller and lower vehicle. I loved my year in an Eclipse but have to admit that I like having the space I need since I usually don't just get to joy ride.

I went from the Eclipse to a two door Blazer and now the HHR. I like having the space when I need it but still am not in a tin can.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-05-2015, 02:24 PM
I would love to have a prius! Jealous. If you really want it I hope you get it. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
29-05-2015, 02:30 PM
I usually tend to roll by the rule of thumb that: "anything that seems to good to be true, probably is"

Used car salesmen can be the pastors of of the car world, circling their prey, ready to pounce on the first to fall to their schemes! ;-)

A Prius wouldn't do it for me though.

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 2 users Like Tonechaser77's post
29-05-2015, 02:40 PM
(29-05-2015 02:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 02:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Ok, took my mom van to the dealership for service. They pounced on me!

They WANT MY VAN!

Seriously want it.

Are you sure you want to go from a van to a Prius? Think about how much room you use in the van. Think about being in a much smaller and lower vehicle. I loved my year in an Eclipse but have to admit that I like having the space I need since I usually don't just get to joy ride.

I went from the Eclipse to a two door Blazer and now the HHR. I like having the space when I need it but still am not in a tin can.

50 miles to the gallon...plus...in traffic I'll be using no fuel. The van gets around 18 miles to the gallon. I know I don't drive as much and no satellite radio...which is kinda a bummer. I'll miss the classical and the grateful dead channels. Sad but I guess I can use my iPod...my phone doesn't have music on it, but I suppose I could add a playlist or something.

Honestly, we got the van when father in law was still alive. Normally the most we have in the car is four people sometimes 5 (counting the dog or mother in law). We haven't taken a long trip in forever -- which was another reason for the van.

The Prius was surpringly roomy feeling even if I'm not sure where I'd put my purse.

It has a hatch back, plenty of room in the back for groceries.

I'd like to be able to slip into a smaller parking place too.

I don't care about a sun roof...I live in Oregon, so either it's raining or the sun is beating down anyway.

I guess I should think about snow -- which is admittedly rare, but still.

I'll also admit, although I started the car, totally keyless...

I didn't actually drive it...they were willing to let me bring it home for an extended test drive. Hubby said no.

29-05-2015, 02:41 PM
(29-05-2015 02:24 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I would love to have a prius! Jealous. If you really want it I hope you get it. Smile

Me too, Hobbitgirl.

Hey Moms, exchange some wild sex for the Prius. Men's brains stop working when you mention the word "sex" . You can get just about anything out of them with sex. You probably know that already though.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
29-05-2015, 02:42 PM
(29-05-2015 02:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 02:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Are you sure you want to go from a van to a Prius? Think about how much room you use in the van. Think about being in a much smaller and lower vehicle. I loved my year in an Eclipse but have to admit that I like having the space I need since I usually don't just get to joy ride.

50 miles to the gallon...plus...in traffic I'll be using no fuel. The van gets around 18 miles to the gallon. I know I don't drive as much and no satellite radio...which is kinda a bummer. I'll miss the classical and the grateful dead channels. Sad but I guess I can use my iPod...my phone doesn't have music on it, but I suppose I could add a playlist or something.

Honestly, we got the van when father in law was still alive. Normally the most we have in the car is four people sometimes 5 (counting the dog or mother in law). We haven't taken a long trip in forever -- which was another reason for the van.

The Prius was surpringly roomy feeling even if I'm not sure where I'd put my purse.

It has a hatch back, plenty of room in the back for groceries.

I'd like to be able to slip into a smaller parking place too.

I don't care about a sun roof...I live in Oregon, so either it's raining or the sun is beating down anyway.

I guess I should think about snow -- which is admittedly rare, but still.

I'll also admit, although I started the car, totally keyless...

I didn't actually drive it...they were willing to let me bring it home for an extended test drive. Hubby said no.

Tell your husband hes a spoil sport! Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
29-05-2015, 02:44 PM
(29-05-2015 02:13 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The other fly is the Prius.....

I'd rather walk...

Wink

(29-05-2015 02:30 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  I usually tend to roll by the rule of thumb that: "anything that seems to good to be true, probably is"

Used car salesmen can be the pastors of of the car world, circling their prey, ready to pounce on the first to fall to their schemes! ;-)

A Prius wouldn't do it for me though.

I totally get that...I've done the muscle car thing...

I had a 78 camero with T-tops and 69 firebird with a 400 engine.

I've done the van thing...I really dont drive a whole lot.

My van ive had for 5 years and I've got 23k on it.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-05-2015, 02:45 PM
(29-05-2015 02:41 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 02:24 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I would love to have a prius! Jealous. If you really want it I hope you get it. Smile

Me too, Hobbitgirl.

Hey Moms, exchange some wild sex for the Prius. Men's brains stop working when you mention the word "sex" . You can get just about anything out of them with sex. You probably know that already though.

Tried...he refused to be swayed.