Help new car shit....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2015, 02:46 PM
RE: Help new car shit....
(29-05-2015 02:42 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 02:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  50 miles to the gallon...plus...in traffic I'll be using no fuel. The van gets around 18 miles to the gallon. I know I don't drive as much and no satellite radio...which is kinda a bummer. I'll miss the classical and the grateful dead channels. Sad but I guess I can use my iPod...my phone doesn't have music on it, but I suppose I could add a playlist or something.

Honestly, we got the van when father in law was still alive. Normally the most we have in the car is four people sometimes 5 (counting the dog or mother in law). We haven't taken a long trip in forever -- which was another reason for the van.

The Prius was surpringly roomy feeling even if I'm not sure where I'd put my purse.

It has a hatch back, plenty of room in the back for groceries.

I'd like to be able to slip into a smaller parking place too.

I don't care about a sun roof...I live in Oregon, so either it's raining or the sun is beating down anyway.

I guess I should think about snow -- which is admittedly rare, but still.

I'll also admit, although I started the car, totally keyless...

I didn't actually drive it...they were willing to let me bring it home for an extended test drive. Hubby said no.

Tell your husband hes a spoil sport! Tongue

He can't believe how excited I am about the idea. He said I'm being cute.

I really just want a driving car...nothing fussy. I'm ready for this.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-05-2015, 02:48 PM
(29-05-2015 02:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 02:42 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Tell your husband hes a spoil sport! Tongue

He can't believe how excited I am about the idea. He said I'm being cute.

Hopefully he will see past you being cute and realise you'd really like one. He could at least let you test drive it. Geez
29-05-2015, 02:52 PM
(29-05-2015 02:41 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 02:24 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I would love to have a prius! Jealous. If you really want it I hope you get it. Smile

Me too, Hobbitgirl.

Hey Moms, exchange some wild sex for the Prius. Men's brains stop working when you mention the word "sex" . You can get just about anything out of them with sex. You probably know that already though.

Duuuhh did someone say sex?

[Image: 1311000574183_zpszwnvfizt.gif]
29-05-2015, 02:55 PM
One of the biggest things you would have to get used to is the change in visibility. When I went from a van to a sedan it took forever to get used to being so much lower to the ground and everyone being in my line of vision.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
29-05-2015, 02:56 PM
I traded in my big SUV for a new, smaller one last year and it took some getting used to. I still miss the space - I didn't think I needed it but I do.

If you really, really want the Prius though, there has to be a way to get it. Make a deal with hubby.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
29-05-2015, 03:16 PM
(29-05-2015 02:41 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 02:24 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I would love to have a prius! Jealous. If you really want it I hope you get it. Smile

Me too, Hobbitgirl.

Hey Moms, exchange some wild sex for the Prius. Men's brains stop working when you mention the word "sex" . You can get just about anything out of them with sex. You probably know that already though.

Hold up, hold up.

What kind of sex?
29-05-2015, 03:30 PM
(29-05-2015 02:48 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 02:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  He can't believe how excited I am about the idea. He said I'm being cute.

Hopefully he will see past you being cute and realise you'd really like one. He could at least let you test drive it. Geez

Oh, he just didn't want me to bring it home. Smile extended test drive until tomorrow. That said, he's the test drive person in our house. Funny, he would only drive it maybe 10% of the time...but that 10 percent is pretty important because he'll bitch up a storm if he's not happy behind the wheel.

(29-05-2015 02:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  One of the biggest things you would have to get used to is the change in visibility. When I went from a van to a sedan it took forever to get used to being so much lower to the ground and everyone being in my line of vision.

Yeah, that will be an issue. Honestly tho, the van is more like a station wagon..remember those? It's not super high...but it will be different. I actually bumped my head, getting into the Prius. Which was weird because I'm not that tall. But the seat was set too high up I guess.

(29-05-2015 02:56 PM)Dom Wrote:  I traded in my big SUV for a new, smaller one last year and it took some getting used to. I still miss the space - I didn't think I needed it but I do.

If you really, really want the Prius though, there has to be a way to get it. Make a deal with hubby.

Honestly, my van is cleaner than my house. I keep nothing in it really except for a first aid kit, chains, booklet on the car specs, and empty reusable grocery bags, which are all bundled together. Smile

My old van was cluttered up with all kinds of crap. When I had to clean it out it was like holy shit - that's where that went Facepalm

(29-05-2015 03:16 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 02:41 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Me too, Hobbitgirl.

Hold up, hold up.

What kind of sex?

I offered....he said sure...he said although it was great...he won't change his mind.

Then he called me, playfully an expensive lay. Tongue

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-05-2015, 03:47 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2015 05:25 PM by GirlyMan.)
(29-05-2015 02:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  They're offering us 17k they'll pay it off and I can get a new prius for less than our payment is now.

Smells fishy to me. How much do you still owe on the van? What's its blue book value? If $17K + what you owe is greater than the blue book value they're playing you.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-05-2015, 05:04 PM
You should check into the cost of maintenance. I don't know what the Prius requires.

Invisible, undetectable results don’t count
29-05-2015, 05:33 PM
(29-05-2015 03:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 02:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  They're offering us 17k they'll pay it off and I can get a new prius for less than our payment is now.

Sounds fishy to me. How much do you still owe on the van? What's its blue book value? If $17K + what you owe is greater than the blue book value they're playing you.

How are they playing me?

No, the blue book is 16k (according to hubby) we owe probably around 4-5k Closer I think to four...but not sure.

I got the stuff in writing. They printed off the terms. Actually I got several the last was the best with the zero interest and the lower payment.