Help new car shit....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2015, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2015 05:47 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Help new car shit....
(29-05-2015 05:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 03:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Sounds fishy to me. How much do you still owe on the van? What's its blue book value? If $17K + what you owe is greater than the blue book value they're playing you.

How are they playing me?

No, the blue book is 16k (according to hubby) we owe probably around 4-5k Closer I think to four...but not sure.

I got the stuff in writing. They printed off the terms. Actually I got several the last was the best with the zero interest and the lower payment.

So they're offering you some $21-22K for a $16K car. Why would they do that? Ask them if they will give you $17K and pay off your loan without you buying the Prius. How they are playing you is by distracting you from the total price you are paying for the Prius to the monthly payment. They will charge you the highest price they can while still coming in with a lower monthly payment. 0% interest rate means they can overcharge the shit outta you.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-05-2015, 05:43 PM
(29-05-2015 05:04 PM)quoin Wrote:  You should check into the cost of maintenance. I don't know what the Prius requires.

I just did. Thanks for that.

http://www.edmunds.com/fuel-economy/the-...ybrid.html

I guess I'll save money on brakes but everything else seems about the same.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

29-05-2015, 05:50 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2015 06:00 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(29-05-2015 05:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 05:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  How are they playing me?

No, the blue book is 16k (according to hubby) we owe probably around 4-5k Closer I think to four...but not sure.

I got the stuff in writing. They printed off the terms. Actually I got several the last was the best with the zero interest and the lower payment.

So they're offering you some $21-22K for a $16K car. Why would they do that? Ask them if they will give you $17K and pay off your loan without you buying the Prius. How they are playing you is by distracting you from the total price you are paying for the Prius to the monthly payment. They will charge you the highest price they can while still coming in with a lower payment.

Oh, I see what you're saying. The amount we owe comes out of the 17k to pay off the van and the rest is going for a down payment on the new car to lower the payment less the extended warranty husband said we must have.

I took the payment amount they wrote in the offer and multiplied that by 60 months. It's around 13k less than the sticker price (listed in the offer)

29-05-2015, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2015 06:21 PM by GirlyMan.)
(29-05-2015 05:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 05:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So they're offering you some $21-22K for a $16K car. Why would they do that? Ask them if they will give you $17K and pay off your loan without you buying the Prius. How they are playing you is by distracting you from the total price you are paying for the Prius to the monthly payment. They will charge you the highest price they can while still coming in with a lower payment.

Oh, I see what you're saying. The amount we owe comes out of the 17k to pay off the van and the rest is going for a down payment on the new car to lower the payment less the extended warranty husband said we must have.

I took the payment amount they wrote in the offer and multiplied that by 60 months. It's around 13k less than the sticker price (listed in the offer)

Ah. I think I can work these numbers. $17K-$4K = $13K downpayment on the Prius, loan is $13K less than sticker price, looks like you got a square deal. Dealer's making money off volume with you. But it's nothing to get excited about. Now that you have an offer in writing you can take it to other dealers and negotiate an even better deal. And in regards to your husband requiring an extended warranty, "The fuck you thinking, brother. If you feel the need for purchasing an extended warranty why you considering that brand in the first place?"

I buy Hyundai 'cause they got the best damn warranty on the planet. Whenever I buy a new one I sit patiently through the loan officer's spiel about how I need an extended warranty and after some 30 minutes of me just smiling bemusedly until their exercise in futility is over I respond "No. I'm not paying for any of that shit and it sounds like you don't have much confidence in the reliability of the product you are selling."

#sigh
29-05-2015, 06:39 PM
(29-05-2015 06:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 05:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh, I see what you're saying. The amount we owe comes out of the 17k to pay off the van and the rest is going for a down payment on the new car to lower the payment less the extended warranty husband said we must have.

Ah. I think I can work these numbers. $17K-$4K = $13K downpayment on the Prius, loan is $13K less than sticker price, looks like you got a square deal. Dealer's making money off volume with you. But it's nothing to get excited about. Now that you have an offer in writing you can take it to other dealers and negotiate an even better deal. And in regards to your husband requiring an extended warranty, "The fuck you thinking, brother. If you feel the need for purchasing an extended warranty why you considering that brand in the first place?"

I buy Hyundai 'cause they got the best damn warranty on the planet. Whenever I buy a new one I sit patiently through the loan officer's spiel about how I need an extended warranty and after some 30 minutes of me just smiling bemusedly until their exercise in futility is over I respond "No. I'm not paying for any of that shit and it sounds like you don't have much confidence in the reliability of the product you are selling."

He likes an extended warrenty when we finance. Smile

I'm not going to argue...we got mildly screwed a few years back -- on his truck. But the regular warranty is pretty solid anyway. I'll lightly mention it.

They'll pay for the maintenance for the first four years (they called) doubling the regular amount of time, because I don't drive much. Also they said I would only need to get the oil changed once every two years....

29-05-2015, 07:54 PM
If your husband says no then that's the end of it. He is the man and you are subserv.... Damn, I almost got that entire thought out without laughing!!!

From my experience, it sounds like you are not being screwed. One thing: If you or someone you know is a member of a credit union, they can take your deal and make sure it's square. They know what the dealer pays for the car and whether the deal is good, etc.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-05-2015, 08:03 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2015 08:20 PM by GirlyMan.)
(29-05-2015 06:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  He likes an extended warrenty when we finance. Smile

Why? Makes no sense. It's a lack of confidence in the product.

#sigh
29-05-2015, 09:53 PM
(29-05-2015 08:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 06:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  He likes an extended warrenty when we finance. Smile

Why? Makes no sense. It's a lack of confidence in the product.

It is, but like I said we've had issues with other cars in the past. We don't have much confidence in any product these days.

This (possible) new car has a dashboard like mission control. I don't know if I'll ever understand it.

30-05-2015, 02:42 AM
(29-05-2015 02:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 02:41 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Me too, Hobbitgirl.

Hey Moms, exchange some wild sex for the Prius. Men's brains stop working when you mention the word "sex" . You can get just about anything out of them with sex. You probably know that already though.

Tried...he refused to be swayed.

He might trade a Prius for a hummer.
30-05-2015, 04:29 AM
Do you want something with better gas-millage and environmental footprint, will last forever if you remember to change the oil, and is both ridiculously more fun to drive and marginally less practical for hauling cargo?

Then get a Honda CR-Z, a hybrid sport hatchback available with a 6-speed manual transmission. It is the cooler older brother that the Prius only wishes it could be. Tongue

[Image: 2015-Honda-Cr-Z-Ex-Review.jpg]

[Image: 2018-honda-cr-z-interior.jpg]

As to Girly's point, I love Hyundai's, they last forever and their warranty is no joke (they replaced the entire under-frame on my mother's 9+ year old Elantra GT because of excessive erosion from road salt, no charge). I'd put them in my top 3 right beside Honda and Nissan. Toyota's fall short because of their incestuous relationship with GM (and fuck those guys), but I don' know if Prius' are manufactured state-side or shipped from overseas (my brother made sure to get an imported VW Golf GTI when he got one, they're simply better).

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]