Help new car shit....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2015, 06:08 AM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2015 06:17 AM by Shadow Fox.)
RE: Help new car shit....
Nah! Tell them you want one of these!

[Image: Tesla-Model-S-Nose-Cone-Grills-161502_x.jpg]
[Image: 2013-tesla-model-s-cockpit.jpg]

Its the Model S Tesla. You want it!

Active cruise control accelerates to pass
Many luxury cars these days have active cruise control that will automatically slow down when approaching a slower car a few car lengths ahead. Some drivers love it—especially the drivers of other cars. The Type As among us have found that these systems will keep slowing down and slowing down to allow more and more cars to cut in front. To prevent being routinely cut off in most of these cars, you have to override the cruise control. Not in the Model S. Just turn on the left turn signal, and the Model S accelerates back to the set speed so you can dart into an open hole in traffic in the lane to your left. If you can’t get there, it will still hit the brakes in time to avoid running into the car ahead.

It has a full Web browser in the dashboard
That leads to one of the biggest convenience breakthroughs of the Tesla: full Google maps with live navigation and traffic, on a large screen that can be pinched to zoom in or swiped to move in real time, just like a smartphone. There’s no quicker way to spot traffic ahead and find an alternate route than than combination of real-time information and intuitive controls. Plus, the full 17-inch screen provides a nice big view. Beyond that, the mobile Internet connection allows you to stream radio as you drive. Of course the temptation to browse is there, but think of it as a convenience for your passenger only. Otherwise, the driving distraction is significant.

The parking sensor displays in inches
Increasingly popular, parking sensors that beep as you approach obstacles to indicate distance to an obstacle can be found in all vehicle classes. Many also display green, yellow, or red indicators on the rear camera screen that signal an approaching obstacle when backing up. The Model S takes that one step farther and displays the number of inches you have to go before you reach the obstacle, whether you’re creeping forward or backing up. We think that’s much clearer.

It has no starter button (and you never have to touch the key)
Just get in, sit down, and close the door behind you, and the car turns on. (It’s indicated by the battery charge dial flipping over to show the speedometer.) Turning the car off works the same way, which is a little more disconcerting. Press the Park button on the steering column stalk, lift your weight off the seat, and the car turns off and the speedometer disappears again.

This is freaking COOL! You just get in and off you go!

The charge port door closes itself
You never have to touch the car to open the charge port. When you hold a Tesla charge cable near the port and hit a button on the cable, the door opens. When the car is charged and you unplug it, after a couple of seconds the door closes itself. That should eliminate all the times we got into our old Tesla and found it wouldn’t go because we’d forgotten to close the charge-port door after we unplugged it.

It has Underwater Mode
For every Model S driver who buys a Tesla to save the planet, there are more who buy the car because it sits on the cutting edge of technology. They want to have the latest James Bond gadget. And the Model S doesn’t disappoint. Both the instrument cluster and the center screen have big images of the car that mirror exactly what’s going on with the car. When you open the driver’s door, the driver’s door opens on the screen. When you turn on the lights, they light up on the screen. If you hold down the big “T” Tesla logo at the top of the center screen, it gives you a box to enter in a service technician’s code. Enter Bond’s agent number, “007,” and the car on the center screen turns into Bond’s Lotus Esprit submarine. Maybe that’s not surprising, since Tesla CEO Elon Musk is reported to own the real Esprit submarine movie prop.

Or you could go with an BMW I8
[Image: 6770.jpg]

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
30-05-2015, 07:21 AM
(30-05-2015 06:08 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Nah! Tell them you want one of these!

[Image: Tesla-Model-S-Nose-Cone-Grills-161502_x.jpg]
[Image: 2013-tesla-model-s-cockpit.jpg]

Its the Model S Tesla. You want it!

Active cruise control accelerates to pass
Many luxury cars these days have active cruise control that will automatically slow down when approaching a slower car a few car lengths ahead. Some drivers love it—especially the drivers of other cars. The Type As among us have found that these systems will keep slowing down and slowing down to allow more and more cars to cut in front. To prevent being routinely cut off in most of these cars, you have to override the cruise control. Not in the Model S. Just turn on the left turn signal, and the Model S accelerates back to the set speed so you can dart into an open hole in traffic in the lane to your left. If you can’t get there, it will still hit the brakes in time to avoid running into the car ahead.

It has a full Web browser in the dashboard
That leads to one of the biggest convenience breakthroughs of the Tesla: full Google maps with live navigation and traffic, on a large screen that can be pinched to zoom in or swiped to move in real time, just like a smartphone. There’s no quicker way to spot traffic ahead and find an alternate route than than combination of real-time information and intuitive controls. Plus, the full 17-inch screen provides a nice big view. Beyond that, the mobile Internet connection allows you to stream radio as you drive. Of course the temptation to browse is there, but think of it as a convenience for your passenger only. Otherwise, the driving distraction is significant.

The parking sensor displays in inches
Increasingly popular, parking sensors that beep as you approach obstacles to indicate distance to an obstacle can be found in all vehicle classes. Many also display green, yellow, or red indicators on the rear camera screen that signal an approaching obstacle when backing up. The Model S takes that one step farther and displays the number of inches you have to go before you reach the obstacle, whether you’re creeping forward or backing up. We think that’s much clearer.

It has no starter button (and you never have to touch the key)
Just get in, sit down, and close the door behind you, and the car turns on. (It’s indicated by the battery charge dial flipping over to show the speedometer.) Turning the car off works the same way, which is a little more disconcerting. Press the Park button on the steering column stalk, lift your weight off the seat, and the car turns off and the speedometer disappears again.

This is freaking COOL! You just get in and off you go!

The charge port door closes itself
You never have to touch the car to open the charge port. When you hold a Tesla charge cable near the port and hit a button on the cable, the door opens. When the car is charged and you unplug it, after a couple of seconds the door closes itself. That should eliminate all the times we got into our old Tesla and found it wouldn’t go because we’d forgotten to close the charge-port door after we unplugged it.

It has Underwater Mode
For every Model S driver who buys a Tesla to save the planet, there are more who buy the car because it sits on the cutting edge of technology. They want to have the latest James Bond gadget. And the Model S doesn’t disappoint. Both the instrument cluster and the center screen have big images of the car that mirror exactly what’s going on with the car. When you open the driver’s door, the driver’s door opens on the screen. When you turn on the lights, they light up on the screen. If you hold down the big “T” Tesla logo at the top of the center screen, it gives you a box to enter in a service technician’s code. Enter Bond’s agent number, “007,” and the car on the center screen turns into Bond’s Lotus Esprit submarine. Maybe that’s not surprising, since Tesla CEO Elon Musk is reported to own the real Esprit submarine movie prop.

Or you could go with an BMW I8
[Image: 6770.jpg]

yeah, baby! Drooling

I am going to drive my van till the wheels fall off, or I can afford the Tesla. Its so nice to be free of a car payment.

I would shop around before you take the leap, if this place is offering a good deal, others might too and you end up with a car you love.

I cant imagine 4-5 people in a Prius. Take the test drive with it full of people.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
30-05-2015, 08:31 AM
(30-05-2015 04:29 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Do you want something with better gas-millage and environmental footprint, will last forever if you remember to change the oil, and is both ridiculously more fun to drive and marginally less practical for hauling cargo?

Then get a Honda CR-Z, a hybrid sport hatchback available with a 6-speed manual transmission. It is the cooler older brother that the Prius only wishes it could be. Tongue

[Image: 2015-Honda-Cr-Z-Ex-Review.jpg]

[Image: 2018-honda-cr-z-interior.jpg]

As to Girly's point, I love Hyundai's, they last forever and their warranty is no joke (they replaced the entire under-frame on my mother's 9+ year old Elantra GT because of excessive erosion from road salt, no charge). I'd put them in my top 3 right beside Honda and Nissan. Toyota's fall short because of their incestuous relationship with GM (and fuck those guys), but I don' know if Prius' are manufactured state-side or shipped from overseas (my brother made sure to get an imported VW Golf GTI when he got one, they're simply better).

Those are nice hummin' little ma-cheens. Thumbsup A friend has one. Loaded with fun gagets. But moms has boys to cart around to soccer (plus the teams I thought). Not gonna fly if that's true. I was actually gonna get the little black Beemer coupe I always wanted, but now that I can actually do it, I'm like "Do I really want to just let that thing sit all day in a parking lot at school and the hospital just asking to be stolen (in LA)". So I decided "Nice idea ... not so practical". Nobody wants to steal a 5 year old Jeep. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
30-05-2015, 08:40 AM
My wife bought a 2015 Prius a couple months ago and she loves it. It seems like she never has to buy gas for it. She does volunteer work at the zoo several days a week and she is always hauling zoo stuff and it has more than enough room. I like it because it is quiet and I can never hear her coming. Smile

In our almost 50 years of married life, we have had all kinds of cars from European sports cars to muscle cars [GTO] to Ford and Dodge pick-ups. We've also had a variety of 4 wheel drives and we've done a lot of serious off road driving. I will say that one thing my wife and I agree on all of the time is that we will never ever have another American car or truck and we'll never have another Mercedes or Audi.
[+] 2 users Like Black Eagle's post
30-05-2015, 08:56 AM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2015 09:00 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(30-05-2015 08:31 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Those are nice hummin' little ma-cheens. Thumbsup A friend has one. Loaded with fun gagets. But moms has boys to cart around to soccer (plus the teams I thought). Not gonna fly if that's true. I was actually gonna get the little black Beemer coupe I always wanted, but now that I can actually do it, I'm like "Do I really want to just let that thing sit all day in a parking lot at school and the hospital just asking to be stolen (in LA)". So I decided "Nice idea ... not so practical". Nobody wants to steal a 5 year old Jeep. Weeping

It's a small 2 seater in the US market. Fun as hell to drive, not practical for a family. Tongue

As an aside, I hope your Jeep is not a Wrangler, as that is consistently one of the most stolen vehicles in the US. I'd have gone with a Honda Fit with a 5-speed manual (and it is an amazing feeling 5-speed, and I've auto-crossed a Honda S2000 and a VW Golf GTI), the spaciousness of a 5 door hatchback, and the fuel efficiency of a 1.5L inline 4 cyclinder.

[Image: Honda%2BFit.jpg]

Plus you can get one brand new for under 16K (LX Manual model).

And it will run forever.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
30-05-2015, 09:12 AM
It is a Wrangler, and I didn't know that. Oh oh. Candy Apple red with grey top.
It's my baby.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
30-05-2015, 09:15 AM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2015 09:50 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(30-05-2015 09:12 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It is a Wrangler, and I didn't know that. Oh oh. Candy Apple red with grey top.
It's my baby.

Yeah, the rag tops are popular all over, even in the frigid north east. They're really easy to get into, high-jack, and there is a huge market for used aftermarket (i.e. chop-shop) parts. Sorry bro...No

Also, 4 of the 5 most stolen motorcycles are the 600cc sport bikes made by the big 4 in Japan (Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Kawasaki)

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
30-05-2015, 09:36 AM
Whatever you do Moms, don't rush into anything. They will still want your van in 8 months... an in 8 months, that prius might become a Subaru Outback ... especially after a little Consumer Reports research. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
30-05-2015, 06:24 PM
Well we got a new a Prius

It's grey. I really really wanted the teal one. Sad

I have to say so far I like driving it.

Starting it and stopping it are different tho. No key...don't get that satisfaction from turning the key to turn it off. Tapping a park button isn't doing for me.

I'm missing my Grateful Dead and jazz stations on xm too. Oh and I have to carry the garage door opener with me. So, that's a bummer.

But otherwise I'm kinda liking it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-05-2015, 06:34 PM
(30-05-2015 06:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well we got a new a Prius

It's grey. I really really wanted the teal one. Sad

I have to say so far I like driving it.

Starting it and stopping it are different tho. No key...don't get that satisfaction from turning the key to turn it off. Tapping a park button isn't doing for me.

I'm missing my Grateful Dead and jazz stations on xm too. Oh and I have to carry the garage door opener with me. So, that's a bummer.

But otherwise I'm kinda liking it.

I guess you're a better lay than you realized.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 5 users Like BnW's post