Help new car shit....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2015, 11:21 AM
RE: Help new car shit....
(31-05-2015 11:05 AM)kim Wrote:  Traction control will get even the smallest car to claw it's way through snow up to (& often, over) the axle. It's good shit & pretty standard on many vehicles since 2010.

According to the booklet, it should come standard on all of them. We usually get a few inches of snow...but with the hills it makes things difficult.

Good to know I guess.

My last van handled snow pretty well, the astroglide one before it couldn't handle a dusting of snow like a white street and it would just slide.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2015, 11:29 AM
My shitty Focus has TC and during blizzards, I was amazed to be chewing through the streets, while watching big fat SUVs sliding into the curbs & ditches. It automatically kicks in and simulates all wheel drive.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
31-05-2015, 11:46 AM
(31-05-2015 11:29 AM)kim Wrote:  My shitty Focus has TC and during blizzards, I was amazed to be chewing through the streets, while watching big fat SUVs sliding into the curbs & ditches. It automatically kicks in and simulates all wheel drive.

At our home we have two other streets with hugely steep hills. We're at the bottom...

When it snows or becomes icy, everyone parks their big SUVs all over the place on our street and walk up the hills because they can't make it. They usually can make up the hill going the other longer way to get to our street as long as they don't have to stop.

That's why we don't bother with all wheel drive, it's totally not worth the extra money.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

31-05-2015, 12:57 PM
Be careful of the Prius. They have been known to increase the levels of smug.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
31-05-2015, 02:02 PM
(31-05-2015 11:46 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(31-05-2015 11:29 AM)kim Wrote:  My shitty Focus has TC and during blizzards, I was amazed to be chewing through the streets, while watching big fat SUVs sliding into the curbs & ditches. It automatically kicks in and simulates all wheel drive.

At our home we have two other streets with hugely steep hills. We're at the bottom...

When it snows or becomes icy, everyone parks their big SUVs all over the place on our street and walk up the hills because they can't make it. They usually can make up the hill going the other longer way to get to our street as long as they don't have to stop.

That's why we don't bother with all wheel drive, it's totally not worth the extra money.

Ah, thats the beauty of traction control on a lightweight car -hills aren't a problem.

My brother's Outback I forced him to suggested he buy, has symmetrical all wheel drive. That means if there's a sheet if ice & snow, all the wheels turn and wherever there is the slightest hold, all the energy goes to that one wheel. It's pretty amazing. The car can slowly go backward up a staircase, with each wheel on a different step! That'll get you out of a ditch. Thumbsup

The Prius is a nice car - you will get great gas mileage - and they look sharp! The mom in Weeds drove one and one of her 'business acquaintances' saw it and liked enough to run his entire crew in them. They were eventually all killed except her so, I think you'll be ok. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post