Help on inducing tears?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2014, 03:30 AM
Help on inducing tears?
Lately I've been wanting to cry but I don't know why. I don't feel disproportionately sad and if anything, I just want to feel the cathartic expulsion of waterworks.

Anyone else get this from time to time?

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
31-03-2014, 03:34 AM
RE: Help on inducing tears?
It's extremely easy for me to cry, but it comes naturally. I don't think you can force it. As long as you're not holding it back, I don't think there's much you can do. Maybe find something that make you emotional? Watch a sad movie?

I don't really understand the feeling you are describing, but whatever it is, I hope you are/will be ok Hug

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
31-03-2014, 03:38 AM
(31-03-2014 03:34 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  It's extremely easy for me to cry, but it comes naturally. I don't think you can force it. As long as you're not holding it back, I don't think there's much you can do. Maybe find something that make you emotional? Watch a sad movie?

I don't really understand the feeling you are describing, but whatever it is, I hope you are/will be ok Hug

Thanks for the suggestions, I noticed I did get close to crying with some shows I watched, but I didn't know I wanted to cry at that time.

And thanks for the concernHug I am alright, it's not an emotional thing, better described as a want to sneeze but through tears instead if that helps.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
31-03-2014, 03:47 AM
You know I have this funny thing. If I need to cry I just eventually do. Like I might go a few days feeling like I'm overwhelmed or stressed for whatever reason and I can personally cry easily by just thinking of something sad, hearing a sad song, or watching a sad movie. But if I try to avoid crying when I feel this way it will build up in me and then when I'm least expecting it it will see/hear/think of something funny, start laughing, can't stop laughing, laugh so hard that I cry, and then end up crying hysterically.
Do you always have a hard time crying? If you're a type of person who usually has a hard time crying, you may have to take some time to figure out why you need to cry before you can go about crying it out. Do you want to PM me or otherwise message me? If you need to talk I'm always around Hug

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
31-03-2014, 03:52 AM
(31-03-2014 03:47 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  You know I have this funny thing. If I need to cry I just eventually do. Like I might go a few days feeling like I'm overwhelmed or stressed for whatever reason and I can personally cry easily by just thinking of something sad, hearing a sad song, or watching a sad movie. But if I try to avoid crying when I feel this way it will build up in me and then when I'm least expecting it it will see/hear/think of something funny, start laughing, can't stop laughing, laugh so hard that I cry, and then end up crying hysterically.
Do you always have a hard time crying? If you're a type of person who usually has a hard time crying, you may have to take some time to figure out why you need to cry before you can go about crying it out. Do you want to PM me or otherwise message me? If you need to talk I'm always around Hug

Maybe I will take you up on that offer Hug. Maybe later today, as I had to stay up a bit late due to a situation that got me thinking about my want to cry.

[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
31-03-2014, 05:07 AM
some meds can have that effect like you need to cry but can't.

I have the opposite problem, I can cry in the blink of an eye naturally. Give me a good car commercial and you can get water works from me.

But KC's recent thread just made me sob. It still does just thinking about it. But maybe it hits me different because I'm a parent? (Not saying it doesn't affect non-parents-but sometimes when you have experience in an area it just hits you more intensely).

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
31-03-2014, 05:23 AM
I find it very difficult to cry, although I can often feel my eyes welling up. I know exactly what DL means though. There have been times when the constant stress has made me wish that I could just cry and have a cathartic experience. Unfortunately the few times that I have been at the point of crying it lasts about a minute and then I feel really stupid. I just end up asking myself what the hell am I crying for when I should be trying to sort out my problems.

I find exercise more cathartic to be honest.
31-03-2014, 06:08 AM
(31-03-2014 03:30 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Lately I've been wanting to cry but I don't know why. I don't feel disproportionately sad and if anything, I just want to feel the cathartic expulsion of waterworks.

Anyone else get this from time to time?

I wanted to cry so many times about this shit with my wife, just to feel relieved from the stress. But it just doesnt happen. Dont know why.

I get welled up watching a heartfelt movie and the eyes get wet, but its not a cry like you mean.

Maybe its a guy thing or how we were brought up, the "take it like a man" thing. IDK

Seems rather silly to want to cry, but I could imagine the release would be very cathartic indeed.

I seem to just get temper tantrums instead..... which isnt very helpful.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
31-03-2014, 09:55 AM
(31-03-2014 05:07 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  some meds can have that effect like you need to cry but can't.

I have the opposite problem, I can cry in the blink of an eye naturally. Give me a good car commercial and you can get water works from me.

But KC's recent thread just made me sob. It still does just thinking about it. But maybe it hits me different because I'm a parent? (Not saying it doesn't affect non-parents-but sometimes when you have experience in an area it just hits you more intensely).
I don't take meds lol, I think I would have other issues if I did lol.

For the KC thread, maybe it is that parent thing, though I feel the issue for me is not having a face to tie it to or knowing the people to begin with.
(31-03-2014 05:23 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I find it very difficult to cry, although I can often feel my eyes welling up. I know exactly what DL means though. There have been times when the constant stress has made me wish that I could just cry and have a cathartic experience. Unfortunately the few times that I have been at the point of crying it lasts about a minute and then I feel really stupid. I just end up asking myself what the hell am I crying for when I should be trying to sort out my problems.

So far the closest thing I've been to crying was screwing up my college schedule last night and me panicking. Even when those tears aren't due to stress, I still have a hard time pushing those last few inches to full blown crying.

Exercise I noticed gives me a happy high, i want to just purge the tears and being happy tends not do it.
(31-03-2014 06:08 AM)War Horse Wrote:  I wanted to cry so many times about this shit with my wife, just to feel relieved from the stress. But it just doesnt happen. Dont know why.

I get welled up watching a heartfelt movie and the eyes get wet, but its not a cry like you mean.

Maybe its a guy thing or how we were brought up, the "take it like a man" thing. IDK

Seems rather silly to want to cry, but I could imagine the release would be very cathartic indeed.

I seem to just get temper tantrums instead..... which isnt very helpful.
I think it has something to do with hormones. In my human sexuality class during the lecture on transgender, one of the guest speakers was a female-to-male transman. He said before transitioning, it was much easier to force crying but after going taking hormone treatments and such, he found it much tougher to cry.

31-03-2014, 11:47 AM
(31-03-2014 05:23 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I find it very difficult to cry, although I can often feel my eyes welling up. I know exactly what DL means though. There have been times when the constant stress has made me wish that I could just cry and have a cathartic experience. Unfortunately the few times that I have been at the point of crying it lasts about a minute and then I feel really stupid. I just end up asking myself what the hell am I crying for when I should be trying to sort out my problems.

THIS!!!

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....