Help on inducing tears?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2014, 11:53 AM
RE: Help on inducing tears?
First,download/rent every sad movie you know of.
Then,go to a site with sad stories. Googling "tearjerker stories" should take care of that.
Now watch all the movies then read all the stories w/o break. If you did not cry,use hot sauce or onions.
I actually tried this to see if i could cry once. It worked(do not tell anyone,its a secret)

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
31-03-2014, 11:59 AM
Crying is very cathartic, exercise is too but in a different way. What is also cathartic in a slightly different way than crying is beating the crap out of something - a punching ball, your pillow...

It's also hard to get started to beat your pillow, maybe because it seems silly, but once started you can really get into it and it releases penned up emotions too.

What it means is that you have your limit of pent up emotions or are getting near it. It doesn't have to be any one thing, it most likely is a mish mash of collected crap that needs to be released.

All of the above allow some release from that, produce calming chemicals and clear your brain.

It's all good.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
31-03-2014, 12:15 PM
(31-03-2014 11:59 AM)Dom Wrote:  Crying is very cathartic, exercise is too but in a different way. What is also cathartic in a slightly different way than crying is beating the crap out of something - a punching ball, your pillow...

It's also hard to get started to beat your pillow, maybe because it seems silly, but once started you can really get into it and it releases penned up emotions too.

What it means is that you have your limit of pent up emotions or are getting near it. It doesn't have to be any one thing, it most likely is a mish mash of collected crap that needs to be released.

All of the above allow some release from that, produce calming chemicals and clear your brain.

It's all good.

walls work too,lol

31-03-2014, 12:18 PM
(31-03-2014 12:15 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 11:59 AM)Dom Wrote:  Crying is very cathartic, exercise is too but in a different way. What is also cathartic in a slightly different way than crying is beating the crap out of something - a punching ball, your pillow...

It's all good.

walls work too,lol
No that is dangerous. You could accidentally break you fingers or wrist..

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
31-03-2014, 12:23 PM
(31-03-2014 12:15 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  walls work too,lol

No,no,no....... if you hit a 2x4 (stud), the wall wins.... dont ask me how I know. Dodgy

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 3 users Like War Horse's post
31-03-2014, 12:28 PM
(31-03-2014 12:23 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 12:15 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  walls work too,lol

No,no,no....... if you hit a 2x4 (stud), the wall wins.... dont ask me how I know. Dodgy

then Dlemon wins as well. He wants tears,tears will come. Trust me i know

[+] 2 users Like Lightvader's post
31-03-2014, 12:30 PM
I am not a 'cryer' but those damn commercials on TV about abused animals will tear me up in a hurry. I can't remember though, the last time I really, really cried...would probably be good for me if I did.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
01-04-2014, 05:26 AM
(31-03-2014 03:30 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Lately I've been wanting to cry but I don't know why. I don't feel disproportionately sad and if anything, I just want to feel the cathartic expulsion of waterworks.

What the first few minutes of "Up" while explaining to a four year old why the scenes are sad.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
01-04-2014, 10:59 AM
At times in my teens and twenties I'd have a good cry. No idea what triggered it but I learned to let it happen. I have no recollection of the time frame, just when there were no more tears. There was always an enlightenment of mood afterwards. I'd heard the term "crying jags" but I preferred to refer to this as soul washing.
01-04-2014, 11:04 AM
(01-04-2014 05:26 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 03:30 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Lately I've been wanting to cry but I don't know why. I don't feel disproportionately sad and if anything, I just want to feel the cathartic expulsion of waterworks.

What the first few minutes of "Up" while explaining to a four year old why the scenes are sad.

Ohhh up always makes me cry!

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.