Help on inducing tears?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2014, 08:46 PM
RE: Help on inducing tears?
I just dice a few onions. Works every time.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-04-2014, 09:22 PM
I used to never cry at anything, then I hit my early 20s and BOOM I'm suddenly a big baby. I well up at sad commercials or sometimes even semi-good news from a friend Laugh out load

But if those kinda of tears are different from a good cry if you ask me. Sometimes things in life just build up. I find allowing myself to be vulnerable for a bit, really let it all out, I feel way better.

If you need help:
The book Odd Thomas made me cry
Movies: Children of Men, and What Dreams May Come. Both of those always get me. And Up like hafnif said.

Never thought I'd give you this advice in this context, but rent one of those movies, get comfortable, and bring some tissues Laugh out load Tongue

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
01-04-2014, 09:36 PM

If you are going to watch movies to try the water works

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
01-04-2014, 09:46 PM
Try hachi:a dog's tale. That is a really great movie.
Marley&me made me misty as well.
Consider
the movies that made me cry all include a dog as main character

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
01-04-2014, 10:14 PM
I keep a list of things that made/make me cry. It doesn't happen often, so I find it useful to track what works.

Have you tried watching Grave of the Fireflies? I watched it when I was depressed, and it devastated me for nearly a week.
02-04-2014, 06:12 PM
I haven't watched many of the films you guys mentioned, but maybe the next time I get the extreme want to cry(the feeling has started to wane but it comes and goes) I'll look into it. Thanks for the suggestions and help! Hug

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
02-04-2014, 07:19 PM
(02-04-2014 06:12 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  I haven't watched many of the films you guys mentioned, but maybe the next time I get the extreme want to cry(the feeling has started to wane but it comes and goes) I'll look into it. Thanks for the suggestions and help! Hug

I've researched the saddest films. Grave of the Fireflies is mentioned significantly more frequently than any other movie. Don't take my word for it though, go check out 10 or so forums with "saddest movie" threads... Youre sure to see it a bunch of times. Its also probably the best movie I never want to see again (97% on rotten tomatoes)
02-04-2014, 07:34 PM
(02-04-2014 07:19 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(02-04-2014 06:12 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  I haven't watched many of the films you guys mentioned, but maybe the next time I get the extreme want to cry(the feeling has started to wane but it comes and goes) I'll look into it. Thanks for the suggestions and help! Hug

I've researched the saddest films. Grave of the Fireflies is mentioned significantly more frequently than any other movie. Don't take my word for it though, go check out 10 or so forums with "saddest movie" threads... Youre sure to see it a bunch of times. Its also probably the best movie I never want to see again (97% on rotten tomatoes)

Im a weirdo, and I absolutely LOVE horribly depressing movies, this is now on my list Thumbsup
Biutiful is another really depressing one. Amazing movie

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
28-05-2014, 01:33 PM
I get that sometimes.
I mostly just curl up in a ball somewhere where no one will find me and lie there for a bit until I don't feel it anywhere.
It normally works.
28-05-2014, 02:08 PM
There's a 1978 film called "Same Time Next Year", staring Alan Alda and Ellen Burstyn... this film will produce great and satisfying sobs.

I saw it at age 18, when it first came out in the theater: It produced magnificent sobbing... I had no idea I could cry like that!

Recently, thinking it wouldn't be nearly as "moving" as I probably thought as a young person, I watched it on DVD: Copious amounts of sobbing!

What a great film! Big Grin

Seriously though, great heaving sobs are quite good for the body; it massages the diaphragm and releases endorphins. Crying is part of the body's natural anti-depressant delivery system.

If you don't have time to watch a tearjerker film... pull a hair out of your nose to get the sobs flowing. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post