Help please - quote from one thread to another

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2015, 07:19 PM
Help please - quote from one thread to another
I have tried and failed so many times trying to quote from one thread to another that I gave up. But I really want to be able to quote some things in the "Words I Want to Remember" thread.

Help....please...somebody, anybody... Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2015, 07:27 PM
RE: Help please - quote from one thread to another
(03-01-2015 07:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have tried and failed so many times trying to quote from one thread to another that I gave up. But I really want to be able to quote some things in the "Words I Want to Remember" thread.

At work.

What I do most of the time is simply use the 'quote' tab/function on the bottom of a post and then edit out the bits untill I get kind of reply quote I want.

While trying to make sure I'm not changing the original nature of what I'm trying to quote.

Hope that helps a little?

Much cheers to all.
03-01-2015, 07:29 PM
(03-01-2015 07:27 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(03-01-2015 07:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have tried and failed so many times trying to quote from one thread to another that I gave up. But I really want to be able to quote some things in the "Words I Want to Remember" thread.

At work.

What I do most of the time is simply use the 'quote' tab/function on the bottom of a post and then edit out the bits untill I get kind of reply quote I want.

While trying to make sure I'm not changing the original nature of what I'm trying to quote.

Much cheers to all.

I can quote within the same thread but when I try to quote to another thread, it doesn't work for me. Thank you though.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
03-01-2015, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2015 07:35 PM by TheGulegon.)
I've got 2 tabs going right now! This one, and the other one is on the thread in which I found this.

Can you delete my account plox?

So in the other thread ^ , I go to reply to this quote below, but I'm never going to hit the post button. I've just hit reply so that I can left click your statement and make it all blue, ya know. Then I right click to COPY it.

Then I come back here, and paste. No fussing with the buttons at the top of the screen (cause it's from the same forum, I guess) just right click on a new line, and PASTE.

(03-01-2015 07:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Fuck, it's math, isn't it?

Did that make sense? Shy

[+] 5 users Like TheGulegon's post
03-01-2015, 07:36 PM
(03-01-2015 07:30 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I've got 2 tabs going right now! This one, and the other one is on the thread in which I found this.

So in the other thread ^ , I go to reply to this quote below, but I'm never going to hit the post button. I've just hit reply so that I can left click your statement and make it all blue, ya know. Then I right click to COPY it.

Then I come back here, and paste. No fussing with the buttons at the top of the screen (cause it's from the same forum, I guess) just right click on a new line, and PASTE.

(03-01-2015 07:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Fuck, it's math, isn't it?

Did that make sense? Shy

I love you so much right now. Heart

Thank you!

I was trying to use the 'quote' and 'insert quote' buttons.

You are my new hero. Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
03-01-2015, 07:39 PM
(03-01-2015 07:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-01-2015 07:30 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I've got 2 tabs going right now! This one, and the other one is on the thread in which I found this.

Did that make sense? Shy

I love you so much right now. Heart

Thank you!

I was trying to use the 'quote' and 'insert quote' buttons.

You are my new hero. Big Grin

Cool Flex

[Image: smiley-hug013.gif]

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
03-01-2015, 07:39 PM
(03-01-2015 07:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-01-2015 07:27 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Much cheers to all.

I can quote within the same thread but when I try to quote to another thread, it doesn't work for me. Thank you though.

Ah!

I can only really do that at home when I first use the 'quote' function to create the basic quote tags. Then 'copy' and 'paste' said text out into, say, a text page and straighten It out there before copy and pasting it back into the reply window to answer etc.

Hope that helps a little.Smile

Much cheers to all
04-01-2015, 04:39 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2015 06:04 AM by gofish!.)
Love how the expand link can take you back to the post in-thread. Cool. Thanks.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
04-01-2015, 06:21 AM
A simple copy/paste... Use you logic woman, you are an atheist!!

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
04-01-2015, 06:43 AM
(04-01-2015 06:21 AM)Filox Wrote:  A simple copy/paste... Use you logic woman, you are an atheist!!

Big Grin

I was trying to use 'quote' and 'insert quote' - silly me...it seemed logical. Undecided