Help prevent DDOS attacks on atheist websites.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2015, 03:22 PM
RE: Help prevent DDOS attacks on atheist websites.
How does one get 3k in damages from a ddos attack?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
07-11-2015, 03:45 PM
DDOS is a troublesome attack to pull off and maintain for a long while. Cloudflare could be a temporary solution. But really I don't see how a server outage can cause that much financial damage to these mostly non-profit atheist sites

[Image: 004.sig]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Aoi Magi's post
07-11-2015, 04:48 PM
Brian Sapient asked me to post the following on his behalf about the questions about website and server costs.

Brian Sapient Wrote:"In the past we have posted receipts, and very specific details as to how our money is spent. In cases where we are purchasing services to thwart attackers, it is counter-intuitive to post receipts and proofs of spending. I will also not divulge exactly how we are spending money, or hope to spend money with more money raised, for the same reason. If my history isn't enough to warrant a little trust on this issue, that's fine I understand. But this isn't the issue that I want to use to try and gain anyone's trust. Thanks to anyone who considers donating.

To the people asking about $3,000 in damages. I am merely trying to raise funds to have all options at our disposal. This was a catch-all donation request designed to show attackers that they made us stronger. That hasn't worked. As for Cloudflare costs, advanced DDoS protection is $200 per month per site (of which we have at least 3 we'd want to protect). Maybe that gives some perspective. Free service helps, but it is not a complete solution by any stretch. Our site is very 2008, it's needed an overhaul for a while. I only wish I didn't have to work, had three assistants, or the $10,000 a development company would charge to overhaul them. The folks who are portraying the cost of site ownership as zero are being silly."

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user