Help through Deconversion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2013, 10:35 PM
RE: Help through Deconversion
Mark

I just bought a soluble zinc-magnesium-calcium mix. What dosage of Magnesium are we going for?

Thanks!!

Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're an incredible slouch.

Martin Luther was the "father" of two movements - The Reformation and Nazism.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2013, 05:54 AM
(29-10-2013 04:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(29-10-2013 03:57 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Yes, this is true.... particularly for the common and cheap forms that zinc and magnesium are usually sold to the public. The tablets are not entirely useless, but if you're going to take supplements it's best to take ones that actually get into your body in sufficient quantities to make a difference.

If you take good doses of highly absorbable magnesium people usually feel better within one or two days. Zinc, however takes longer to replenish so it'll be a week or two before you notice improvements because of the zinc. Magnesium is particularly good for reducing anxiety and I didn't sleep and it was certainly get rid of any muscular cramps if you have those. Zinc will improve your feelings of depression, the sense of taste, Your smell, your libido, and will improve your immune system. Down the track it is also good for your eyes. It will also help prevent prostatism and cancer of the prostate.

I live in one of the sunniest parts of the world (Sunshine Coast, Australia) and two out of three of my patients that I do a blood test for vitamin D D deficiency have sub optimal levels. That's why I suggest you take 5000 international units of vit D for a month. Too much won't hurt you. Vitamin D is also extremely important for your health in all sorts of ways, but as far as the brain goes, we know suicide rates go up in Europe during winter and it's probably because people tend to be more depressed when vitamin D deficient.

They call it Seasonal Depression here. But yes listen to the good Doctor here (Actual MD so the man knows that of which he speaks) all very sound advice.

I'm pretty skeptical about mega-dosing on these substances as there really is very little credible literature on it.

Vitamin D may help with Seasonal Affective Disorder, but vitamin D deficiency may not be the only mechanism, or even involved.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-11-2013, 06:34 AM
(01-11-2013 05:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  I'm pretty skeptical about mega-dosing on these substances as there really is very little credible literature on it.

Vitamin D may help with Seasonal Affective Disorder, but vitamin D deficiency may not be the only mechanism, or even involved.

Didn't someone suggest that yesterday?
01-11-2013, 07:31 AM
(01-11-2013 06:34 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(01-11-2013 05:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  I'm pretty skeptical about mega-dosing on these substances as there really is very little credible literature on it.

Didn't someone suggest that yesterday?

Maybe, but I did it politely. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
01-11-2013, 11:09 AM
(24-10-2013 08:26 AM)excubitor Wrote:  
(24-10-2013 07:59 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Cool. Not a problem Thumbsup
Are you a moderator or a mouse? Either I have broken a rule or else I have not. Why do you need the approval of a newb before you make a decision? Sorry mate but that is pathetic in a whole world of patheticness.

Where do you intend to move my post to? Aren't I already in the heavy stuff (not for fairies) section. If you can't handle my words in the heavy stuff area then you have failed and are defeated. What do you have left? Move me to the "very heavy and difficult we don' t know how to handle this because we have backbones of water" section? What do I care? If I cannot reach Jasozz who is so far the only person who I might have hoped to save here then I have failed in this forum. Time to shake the dust off my feet and move on.

Jasozz is an enormous failure. All that investment in a christian upbringing, raised by a christian father all flushed down the toilet. What a disgraceful failure. Failed his church, failed his pastors, failed his father. Now he has failed me as well. Stands to reason therefore that he has failed God and the life that God planted in him.

This forum is like the elephant graveyard where young men who have failed their parents go to wallow in death. Where saints fail to rescue even the most hopeful of them. What sorrow. What despair. It's too much for me. I will move on to greener pastures. Nice work Jasozz. If I can't save you, the only person here who I could have hoped to save, then my time is wasted here.

Excubitor, you have wasted all your time on christianity. But you are still very much alive and I know the Flying Spaghetti Monster has given you another chance. Repent to him now and live a noble life fighting the good fight. If you don't accept his salvation, you are a disgrace to humanity.

Of course what I am saying may sound rude. But I must prick your heart, so you can enter his noodly kingdom. Right now you are an enormous failure. Haven't you seen the signs? Let me pray for you.

Our pasta, who art in a colander, draining be your noodles. Thy noodle come, Thy sauce be yum, on top some grated Parmesan. Give us this day our garlic bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trample on our lawns. And lead us not into vegetarianism, but deliver us some pizza, for thine is the meatball, the noodle, and the sauce, forever and ever. RAmen.

Music is my religion
- Jimi Hendrix
[+] 5 users Like guitarist's post
01-11-2013, 11:52 AM
I am an athlete and I have had significant muscle soreness after hard workouts due to a magnesium deficiency. (massages cause nearly unbearable pain). This was something I was going to do anyway. I do not ever mega dose unless I am showing signs of significant deficiency, and even then usually max 4X RDA, which is generally not considered mega-dosing. I was just curious as to what the Dr.'s opinion of a good magnesium dose was. I will modify with other research as always.

Where's chippy? Hey Chipchip. Where's chippy? Chip chip.... There's Chippy!

Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're an incredible slouch.

Martin Luther was the "father" of two movements - The Reformation and Nazism.
01-11-2013, 03:43 PM
(01-11-2013 11:52 AM)Skippy538 Wrote:  I am an athlete and I have had significant muscle soreness after hard workouts due to a magnesium deficiency. (massages cause nearly unbearable pain). This was something I was going to do anyway. I do not ever mega dose unless I am showing signs of significant deficiency, and even then usually max 4X RDA, which is generally not considered mega-dosing. I was just curious as to what the Dr.'s opinion of a good magnesium dose was. I will modify with other research as always.

Where's chippy? Hey Chipchip. Where's chippy? Chip chip.... There's Chippy!

Hi Skippy, see my post no 47 on "Chippy vs the world" thread. Hope it helps.