Help through Deconversion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2013, 08:26 AM
RE: Help through Deconversion
(24-10-2013 07:59 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(24-10-2013 07:58 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  I think we're good. I appreciate it though Smile

Cool. Not a problem Thumbsup
Are you a moderator or a mouse? Either I have broken a rule or else I have not. Why do you need the approval of a newb before you make a decision? Sorry mate but that is pathetic in a whole world of patheticness.

Where do you intend to move my post to? Aren't I already in the heavy stuff (not for fairies) section. If you can't handle my words in the heavy stuff area then you have failed and are defeated. What do you have left? Move me to the "very heavy and difficult we don' t know how to handle this because we have backbones of water" section? What do I care? If I cannot reach Jasozz who is so far the only person who I might have hoped to save here then I have failed in this forum. Time to shake the dust off my feet and move on.

Jasozz is an enormous failure. All that investment in a christian upbringing, raised by a christian father all flushed down the toilet. What a disgraceful failure. Failed his church, failed his pastors, failed his father. Now he has failed me as well. Stands to reason therefore that he has failed God and the life that God planted in him.

This forum is like the elephant graveyard where young men who have failed their parents go to wallow in death. Where saints fail to rescue even the most hopeful of them. What sorrow. What despair. It's too much for me. I will move on to greener pastures. Nice work Jasozz. If I can't save you, the only person here who I could have hoped to save, then my time is wasted here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2013, 08:28 AM
(24-10-2013 08:26 AM)excubitor Wrote:  
(24-10-2013 07:59 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Cool. Not a problem Thumbsup
Are you a moderator or a mouse? Either I have broken a rule or else I have not. Why do you need the approval of a newb before you make a decision? Sorry mate but that is pathetic in a whole world of patheticness.

Where do you intend to move my post to? Aren't I already in the heavy stuff (not for fairies) section. If you can't handle my words in the heavy stuff area then you have failed and are defeated. What do you have left? Move me to the "very heavy and difficult we don' t know how to handle this because we have backbones of water" section? What do I care? If I cannot reach Jasozz who is so far the only person worth saving here then I have failed in this forum. Time to shake the dust off my feet and move on.

Jasozz is an enormous failure. All that investment in a christian upbringing, raised by a christian father all flushed down the toilet. What a disgraceful failure. Failed his church, failed his pastors, failed his father. Now he has failed me as well. Stands to reason therefore that he has failed God and the life that God planted in him.

This forum is like the elephant graveyard where young men who have failed their parents go to wallow in death. Where saints fail to rescue even the most hopeful of them. What sorrow. What despair. It's too much for me. I will move on to greener pastures. Nice work Jasozz. If I can't save you, the only person here worth saving, then my time is wasted here.

Darn. Now I'm a failure, AND I'm on your ignore list?

I need to start a new thread to cope with that now...
[+] 9 users Like Jasozz's post
24-10-2013, 08:32 AM
(24-10-2013 08:26 AM)excubitor Wrote:  
(24-10-2013 07:59 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Cool. Not a problem Thumbsup

Where do you intend to move my post to? Aren't I already in the heavy stuff (not for fairies) section. If you can't handle my words in the heavy stuff area then you have failed and are defeated. What do you have left? Move me to the "very heavy and difficult we don' t know how to handle this because we have backbones of water" section? What do I care? If I cannot reach Jasozz who is so far the only person who I might have hoped to save here then I have failed in this forum. Time to shake the dust off my feet and move on.

This forum is like the elephant graveyard where young men who have failed their parents go to wallow in death. Where saints fail to rescue even the most hopeful of them. What sorrow. What despair. It's too much for me. I will move on to greener pastures. Nice work Jasozz. If I can't save you, the only person here who I could have hoped to save, then my time is wasted here.

You finally got something right: your time is wasted here. Well done.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-10-2013, 08:37 AM
(24-10-2013 08:26 AM)excubitor Wrote:  It's too much for me. I will move on to greener pastures.

Very cool! Happy grazing! Lecture_preist

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
24-10-2013, 08:42 AM
I want to get this back on topic to some degree after that horrific derailing...

For anyone else who has gone through deconversion...

Did you wind up as atheist or agnostic? Did you explore other religions?

For me, with how much I overthink things, I cannot be sure of anything unless I can be 100% sure on it, which makes it difficult to hedge my bets on science just as much as a religion. It always goes back to the unexplained parts on both sides, mainly with creation.

Can you be happy with agnosticism? I don't know that I could be comfortable NOT believing in SOMETHING, even if it were the belief in nothing, but I know myself well enough to know that I probably won't be able to fully settle on something.

I agree with alot of the VIEWS of many religions, such as Buddhism, but when it comes down to the THEISTIC points of it, I can't usually stake myself in it.

Anyone with similar views or experiences?
24-10-2013, 08:48 AM
(24-10-2013 08:42 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  I want to get this back on topic to some degree after that horrific derailing...

For me, with how much I overthink things, I cannot be sure of anything unless I can be 100% sure on it, which makes it difficult to hedge my bets on science just as much as a religion. It always goes back to the unexplained parts on both sides, mainly with creation.

Can you be happy with agnosticism? I don't know that I could be comfortable NOT believing in SOMETHING, even if it were the belief in nothing, but I know myself well enough to know that I probably won't be able to fully settle on something.

I agree with alot of the VIEWS of many religions, such as Buddhism, but when it comes down to the THEISTIC points of it, I can't usually stake myself in it.

I have never been a believer, so I can't speak directly to that.

However, I don't believe in any gods because there is no evidence for their existence.
Beyond mathematics, all knowledge is provisional - it is all based on evidence and not all the evidence is known.

Without an absolute like a theistic god, you are on your own, but with a little help from your friends. If you can't live with uncertainty, I suggest trying a different universe. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-10-2013, 08:53 AM
(24-10-2013 08:48 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-10-2013 08:42 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  I want to get this back on topic to some degree after that horrific derailing...

I have never been a believer, so I can't speak directly to that.

However, I don't believe in any gods because there is no evidence for their existence.
Beyond mathematics, all knowledge is provisional - it is all based on evidence and not all the evidence is known.

Without an absolute like a theistic god, you are on your own, but with a little help from your friends. If you can't live with uncertainty, I suggest trying a different universe. Big Grin

I didn't bring my towel, so I'm stuck in this universe unfortunately.

My current goal is to at least solidify my deconversion from Christianity. I still have ties to it through my family and the last two decades or so of my life, so I need to come to terms with the fact that I've changed first.
24-10-2013, 08:58 AM
(24-10-2013 08:26 AM)excubitor Wrote:  This forum is like the elephant graveyard where young men who have failed their parents go to wallow in death. Where saints fail to rescue even the most hopeful of them. What sorrow. What despair. It's too much for me. I will move on to greener pastures. Nice work Jasozz. If I can't save you, the only person here who I could have hoped to save, then my time is wasted here.

Well, there's always entertainment value.

Now, I knew ol' excubby was delusional, but did anyone else notice that he implicitly referred to himself as a saint?

Welcome aboard, Jasozz. Apparently you were the only one here who could have been saved (does that include the local theists? Consider ). That's pretty special!

It's all those damn hippies with their marijuanas and their heliocentrisms again, isn't it...

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
24-10-2013, 09:00 AM
(24-10-2013 08:58 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(24-10-2013 08:26 AM)excubitor Wrote:  This forum is like the elephant graveyard where young men who have failed their parents go to wallow in death. Where saints fail to rescue even the most hopeful of them. What sorrow. What despair. It's too much for me. I will move on to greener pastures. Nice work Jasozz. If I can't save you, the only person here who I could have hoped to save, then my time is wasted here.

Well, there's always entertainment value.

Now, I knew ol' excubby was delusional, but did anyone else notice that he implicitly referred to himself as a saint?

Welcome aboard, Jasozz. Apparently you were the only one here who could have been saved (does that include the local theists? Consider ). That's pretty special!

It's all those damn hippies with their marijuanas and their heliocentrisms again, isn't it...

Thanks for the welcome. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Jasozz's post
24-10-2013, 09:00 AM
(24-10-2013 06:40 AM)excubitor Wrote:  You don't. You tell a priest that you have committed a mortal sin and need absolution. He will baptise you and confirm you into the Catholic church.

Unfortunately, this sad, completely deluded geocentrist (!!), who actually still believes that the Earth is the center of the universe, and who has been banned from his own religion's site, (Catholic Answers), actually knows nothing about his own religion's theology. There are 3 requirements for mortal sin. Anyone acting in honest good faith, meets none of those requirements, and the third one, ("complete consent"), even their own theologians agree, their god alone, can be the judge (of that).
So, 1. Exhibitor is a judgmental jerk, (even though his Jebus told him to "judge not") which is typical self-righteous babble from "church ladies"
2. he actually knows nothing about his religion's systematics,
3. he thinks he is equivalent to his deity, and competent to judge what is in someone else's mind.

Just use the ignore function.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche