Help to debunk Evolution's Achilles Heels.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2014, 06:03 AM
Help to debunk Evolution's Achilles Heels.
The Book Evolution's Achilles' Heels
Well I was given this book to read by a theist who has little science but he has taken on-board what is stated in the book, the problem with secular science!

Its from the Creation Book Publishers. Evolution's Achilles' Heels.
It has 9 Ph.D's who have contributed to the book. Now my problem is simple.
I can do the chem and some of the biology! That is my place of work shall we say!
However, the problem I have is showing this lad the true answers without getting to heavy on the science.

This book is well written if you have little science to fall back on!

It has Dr.David Catchpoole.Phd in Plant Physioloyy and Dr Mark Harwood who was part of the Australia's national satellite system. They are covering Ethics and Morality. Now I would have liked an ethicist and a philosopher to cover this but no we have a plant and radio man!

So, has anyone else come across this book and do you have simple reference I can use against it! I am working on the Radio metric dating but its a bit complicated! I am not a physicist!!

Any help would be appreciated! And if its made simple for a lad with only school science to help him!

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

P.S.
I will be going in to blackout mode soon! A holiday without internet or any other digital distractions. So I may not get back to you as soon I would like!

P.P.S.
I have put this out once before but the information was good but I want to debunk the stuff I cannot do and I have the talking from o throaty covered!

Thanks again! K:

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2014, 06:09 AM
RE: Help to debunk Evolution's Achilles Heels.
(01-09-2014 06:03 AM)JONES Wrote:  The Book Evolution's Achilles' Heels

Try this.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
01-09-2014, 06:30 AM
Potholer54's youtube channel is a great resource that debunks just about every creationist lie.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 5 users Like TheInquisition's post
01-09-2014, 07:31 AM
INDEX TO CREATIONIST CLAIMS

very good resource.
[+] 3 users Like RogueWarrior's post
01-09-2014, 06:03 PM
I recommend that everyone, atheists and theists alike, read Thomas Payne's, 'The Age Of Reason.' It makes the best argument for the rejection of Christianity and the Bible that I've read. While most books promoting atheism use science to illustrate the obvious flaws in Creationism, Christians usually attempt to discredit the scientific findings that are presented. Payne's book sidesteps this Christian tactic, by offering common sense ideas that are obvious to any reader. Without relying on any scientific findings, the 'proof' that Payne's book offers cannot be discredited by any Christian pseudoscience; it is simply undeniable. I highly recommend it to those who are engaged in an intellectual debate with a Christian friend, for those who are considering a change to Atheism, or for those who would enjoy a reaffirmation of their Atheist philosophy.
[+] 2 users Like Kevin M. Dodd's post
02-09-2014, 04:02 AM
(01-09-2014 06:03 PM)Kevin M. Dodd Wrote:  I recommend that everyone, atheists and theists alike, read Thomas Payne's, 'The Age Of Reason.' It makes the best argument for the rejection of Christianity and the Bible that I've read. While most books promoting atheism use science to illustrate the obvious flaws in Creationism, Christians usually attempt to discredit the scientific findings that are presented. Payne's book sidesteps this Christian tactic, by offering common sense ideas that are obvious to any reader. Without relying on any scientific findings, the 'proof' that Payne's book offers cannot be discredited by any Christian pseudoscience; it is simply undeniable. I highly recommend it to those who are engaged in an intellectual debate with a Christian friend, for those who are considering a change to Atheism, or for those who would enjoy a reaffirmation of their Atheist philosophy.

Some Mistakes of Moses - Robert Green Ingersoll (1880)

You can read a free, electronically scanned version in your browser provided by the University of Florida HERE.

You can also read, and get a free downloadable copy, from Google HERE.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
02-09-2014, 04:44 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 04:58 AM by JONES.)
(01-09-2014 07:31 AM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  INDEX TO CREATIONIST CLAIMS

very good resource.
Thanks for the link but now my head will explode going over this stuff!! ;-)

K:

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!
02-09-2014, 04:46 AM
[quote='TheInquisition' pid='637613' dateline='1409574646']
Potholer54's youtube channel is a great resource that debunks just about every creationist lie.

[/quot

Thanks I did know about the snail but not the rest! That was kind of you!!!

K:

02-09-2014, 04:52 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 04:57 AM by JONES.)
(01-09-2014 06:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  

Try this.

Thanks for the links and the links with in the links I will print off as much as I can and take it on holidays with me and digest it some how!!

That was kind of you!

K:

02-09-2014, 04:53 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 06:06 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Well I was given this book to read by a theist who has little science but he has taken on-board what is stated in the book, the problem with secular science!

Its from the Creation Book Publishers. Evolution's Achilles' Heels.
It has 9 Ph.D's who have contributed to the book. Now my problem is simple.
I can do the chem and some of the biology! That is my place of work shall we say!
However, the problem I have is showing this lad the true answers without getting to heavy on the science.

This book is well written if you have little science to fall back on!

It has Dr.David Catchpoole.Phd in Plant Physioloyy and Dr Mark Harwood who was part of the Australia's national satellite system. They are covering Ethics and Morality. Now I would have liked an ethicist and a philosopher to cover this but no we have a plant and radio man!

So, has anyone else come across this book and do you have simple reference I can use against it! I am working on the Radio metric dating but its a bit complicated! I am not a physicist!!

Any help would be appreciated! And if its made simple for a lad with only school science to help him!

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

P.S.
I will be going in to blackout mode soon! A holiday without internet or any other digital distractions. So I may not get back to you as soon I would like!

P.P.S.
I have put this out once before but the information was good but I want to debunk the stuff I cannot do and I have the talking from o throaty covered!

Thanks again! K:

Harwood is an Electical (or Mechanical) Engineer.
A PhD in an unrelated subject requires no help refuting.

See : http://philosophy.lander.edu/logic/authority.html
Just amazing that in 2014 humans are still wasting their time arguing about whether the Earth is flat, and or giving this bullshit 2 seconds of respect.
Why not argue about the validity of pink sparkly unicorns ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.