Help to debunk Evolution's Achilles Heels.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2014, 08:19 PM
RE: Help to debunk Evolution's Achilles Heels.
(29-12-2014 08:04 PM)Harry79 Wrote:  It's not a question of me having a better theory. I'm simply asking you to validate yours. The string started concerning the video of Evolution's Achilles Heels (of which there seem to be many).

Like what? So far the only ones that seem to be achilles heels are ones dumb americans make up.

(29-12-2014 08:04 PM)Harry79 Wrote:  I used to be an evolutionary atheist too.

Evolution is not an atheist thing. There is a guy name kings chosen and he accepts evolution and is a calvinist. Also tell that to the fact half the muslim population accepts it and most of the christian population accepts it. Yeah seems not so atheist anymore now.

(29-12-2014 08:04 PM)Harry79 Wrote:  When I turned 35 I had a change of mind (and heart) and decided that the theories I had learned about did not answer all the non-scientific questions I had. Why is a sunset beautiful, why do babies antics make me laugh, why do certain things bring me joy, why do certain things make me sad, how can the growth process of a dandelion be so immeasurably complex and yet simply evolve randomly, who or what initiated the Big Bang, who or what created all the material that was condensed into that microscopically small ball of matter that supposedly start it all?

Most of these things are explained by evolution in fact. So why the sun light is beautiful, because humans evolve senses and one thought it was beautiful. Same goes for babies making you laugh, and joy and pain. Those where used as communication, it evolved to help make life easier for our social species. Seriously, if you were an "evolutionary atheist" before, why the hell would you not know those questions where answered? I guess you are one of those feel guys where if it is not feels it is not a good answer, there for evolution can't be true because feels. And about the big bang

(29-12-2014 08:04 PM)Harry79 Wrote:  When you look in the mirror what do you see, an undesigned cellular grouping with no meaning, purpose or worth whatsoever, a random being simply taking up a small amount of space and time in the universe? Or do you look at yourself and see an incredibly complex being of infinite worth that was created for an ultimate and greater purpose?

When I look in the mirror I see me. What want me to care if I was evolved not as an end goal, but because some organism eventually was in a niche it can survive in? I don't actually. Also my worth is to go out into the word, fuck, and have a kid. Reproduction is why life tries, passing on genes. Most humans want to actually, trust me 2 babies are born every second.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2014, 08:22 PM
Fine. Fine. Guys: Run rampant into his recalcitrant rectum.

(29-12-2014 08:08 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  
(29-12-2014 04:29 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  NO YOU GUYS GO AWAY, HENRY IS MINE!!

Chas, Inquisition: Piss off (please). I wanna see this^ go down.

I'm sorry Zeke; I tried. (I didn't try very hard but whatever.)

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
29-12-2014, 08:23 PM
(29-12-2014 08:16 PM)Harry79 Wrote:  
(29-12-2014 08:10 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  When I look in the mirror I see stardust.

Wipe the Christmas glitter off your bathroom mirror and take another look.

“Ashes to ashes, dust to dust"

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
29-12-2014, 08:24 PM
(29-12-2014 08:22 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  Fine. Fine. Guys: Run rampant into his recalcitrant rectum.

(29-12-2014 08:08 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  Chas, Inquisition: Piss off (please). I wanna see this^ go down.

Chas I can understand, I have a feeling that chas and I have something in common. That and chas is the brutal voice of reason, he goes blunt and hard when stating facts.

Inquisition: You say the message

Mom: she is trying to help me win

Full circle: thats my nigga he gets a free pass.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
29-12-2014, 08:27 PM
(29-12-2014 08:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-12-2014 08:04 PM)Harry79 Wrote:  I used to be an evolutionary atheist too.

An example of a transitional species has been offered. Evolution is fact like nuclear weapons (frisson theory -- I suggest you look that one up. No one disputes its existence yet it's "only" a theory.

Also, there is no such thing as an "evolutionary atheist".

There are Christians who believe in evolution and there are atheists who do not.

Atheism is simply a lack of belief in god(s).

Your personal experiences though real to you bears no relevance.

There are atheists who do not believe in evolution? How can this be?
29-12-2014, 08:30 PM
(29-12-2014 08:27 PM)Harry79 Wrote:  There are atheists who do not believe in evolution? How can this be?

Because atheist are more than just skeptics. All one has to do to be an atheist is that they must not accept god, thats it. They can not accept gravity,evolution, and believe the sun revolves around the earth, and still be an atheist.

[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
29-12-2014, 08:33 PM
(29-12-2014 08:24 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(29-12-2014 08:22 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  Fine. Fine. Guys: Run rampant into his recalcitrant rectum.

Chas I can understand, I have a feeling that chas and I have something in common. That and chas is the brutal voice of reason, he goes blunt and hard when stating facts.

Inquisition: You say the message

Mom: she is trying to help me win

Full circle: thats my nigga he gets a free pass.

I can die happy now. Cool

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
29-12-2014, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2014 10:00 PM by Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue.)
Harry: Rather than directly addressing your misconceptions I'd like to attempt to establish what components of the evolutionary process you do accept and see where you think it breaks down.

Do you accept that things with common traits are grouped together? So plants that produce fruit are more like other plants that produce fruit than plants that reproduce via seed packet?

Do you accept that these similar organisms are related and that is indicated by our commonality? So we can crossbreed tigers with lions and pinapples with strawberries.

Do you accept that species are found in fossilized forms that are no longer alive?

Do you accept that linking these species through their common traits is a valid method of inquiry?

Do you accept that some of these organism share common traits with species we have around today?

Do you accept that we have never found one of the more specialized organisms from before the extinct species with common traits to both species?

You do accept that reproduction with variation happens so that's good.

You also accept that natural selection shapes reproduction with selection into a organism better able to undertake the challenges in it's enviroment so that's good.

So which of those do you have a problem with? And Zeke: Did I miss anything?

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 2 users Like Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
29-12-2014, 10:22 PM
(29-12-2014 04:29 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  NO YOU GUYS GO AWAY, HENRY IS MINE!!

May I have a dance or two Zeke? I wouldn't dream of dabbling in the biology aspect of this discussion. That's all yours. I'm more interested in his thoughts on geochronology.

(29-12-2014 08:04 PM)Harry79 Wrote:  When you look in the mirror what do you see?

I see the universe, looking back at itself, trying to understand. The universe is immense. Ancient. Daunting. So am I and so are you.

But let's talk age. We get all different types of creationists and I don't want to make assumptions. How are you with radiometric dating? Don't sweat the 14-C (carbon-14). It has a half-life of 5730 years and consequently isn't useful much beyond 60,000 years. I'm more interested in U-Pb, Th-Pb, K-Ar, Rb-Sr and Sm-Nd dating. They all have half-lives in excess of 500 Ma (Mega-anna, millions of years) and are much more useful in a geological context.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
29-12-2014, 10:44 PM
(29-12-2014 08:27 PM)Harry79 Wrote:  There are atheists who do not believe in evolution? How can this be?

I knew an atheist who was a flat-Earther. Loopier than Toucan Sam. Atheism is just a lack of believe in the divine. It's no guarantee that any of the other bolts are fastened.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 5 users Like Paleophyte's post