Help to debunk Evolution's Achilles Heels.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2014, 07:54 PM
RE: Help to debunk Evolution's Achilles Heels.
(07-11-2014 07:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 06:03 AM)JONES Wrote:  It has 9 Ph.D's who have contributed to the book. Now my problem is simple.
I can do the chem and some of the biology! That is my place of work shall we say!
However, the problem I have is showing this lad the true answers without getting to heavy on the science.

It has Dr.David Catchpoole.Phd in Plant Physioloyy and Dr Mark Harwood who was part of the Australia's national satellite system. They are covering Ethics and Morality. Now I would have liked an ethicist and a philosopher to cover this but no we have a plant and radio man!

Harwood is no more an expert on Evolution than anyone else walking the street :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority
EVERY, (and I mean EVERY) of the secular universities and accredited colleges and research institutions in the entire world teach Evolution.
The fact that ONE plant physiologist goes CONTRARY to the established concensus in his OWN field, means he cannot speak as an authority in science as he does not agree with the vast majority of authorities IN HIS ON field ... so they are both out.

Well careful... just because he doesn't agree with the majority in his field doesn't mean he isn't an expert, or even wrong.

That being said, he is wrong Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2014, 09:03 PM
I'd start by looking into those Phds... Creationist literature is well known for using anyone, with a Phd in anything as an example of "doubting scientist".

So you may well find that several of those Phds are in completely irrelevant fields.

There's one bloke... I've forgotten his name but he's often on Revelation TV, who claims to be a scientist, and is often brought in to talk shit about evolution. A little digging reveals that the only "science" he studied was Political Science. Which doesn't count.

Then of course there are the denialsts... People who've genuinely studied the evidence, understand it, and even accept its findings, but due to something in their brains (perhaps very traumatic indoctrination) they refuse to believe evolution is true. These are the 2+2=5 people... If the Bible said that, they'd believe it, even though they know its ridiculous.

Beyond that, I'd suggest you take a look at this page... Go through the book, and use the webpage to debunk every claim you find.

Talk Origins - Creationist Claims

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2014, 10:09 PM
Don't forget the phony credential claim.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/paluxy/degrees.html

Quote: Although questions have been raised before about Baugh's science degrees[3] (and will be expanded upon here), even Baugh's claimed theology degrees appear somewhat overstated. The theology degree most frequently claimed by Baugh is a "Doctor of Philosophy in Theology from the California Graduate School of Theology."[4] Baugh described this as an "earned degree" (implying normal course work and graduation); however, attempts to verify the degree from CGST have been unsuccessful,[5] and a former close associate of Baugh's stated that the degree was "not real, but honorary."[6] In any case, the school is not accredited by any national or regional accrediting agency,[7] and evidently has little standing in the academic community (it is not even listed in standard college and graduate school directories).[8]

A December 1986 "vita" by Baugh did not mention the degree from CGST, but did list "1959, Bachelor of Arts, Burton College" and "1983, Master of Arts, Luther Rice in Conjunction with Pacific College of Graduate Studies."[9] I have not been able to verify the existence of Burton College. Luther Rice is an unaccredited seminary in Jacksonville, Florida.

There is a reason that creatards are given that name.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
07-11-2014, 10:23 PM
BTW, WTF is a "Biblical geologist " ?Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
08-11-2014, 06:59 AM
(07-11-2014 10:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  BTW, WTF is a "Biblical geologist " ?Facepalm

I'm not sure , but they're full of schist.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
14-11-2014, 12:43 PM
(01-09-2014 07:31 AM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  INDEX TO CREATIONIST CLAIMS

very good resource.

the Sahara desert claim is my fav non sequitur

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CD/CD821.html
01-12-2014, 06:54 PM
How predictable. Two pages of blather, and 0 debunking.

Lots of logical fallacies though, shall I list them?

Might as well rename this forum, the unthinking atheist circle-jerk.
01-12-2014, 06:55 PM
How predictable. Two pages of blather, and 0 debunking.

01-12-2014, 08:43 PM
(01-12-2014 06:55 PM)anatevka Wrote:  How predictable. Two pages of blather, and 0 debunking.

Hello! Smile

Welcome to the forums!. Big Grin

Indeed! Please do. I, for one, am always interested in reading people's perspectives.

Much cheers to all.
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
01-12-2014, 09:29 PM
(01-12-2014 06:55 PM)anatevka Wrote:  How predictable. Two pages of blather, and 0 debunking.

The Unthinking Atheist Circle-Jerk is behind the fish n chip shop every Friday so I'd rather avoid the name change. It'd make my invitations and thank you notes so much more confusing than they need to be.

Shoot on the list though. Might be interesting.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.