Help to debunk Evolution's Achilles Heels.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2014, 11:16 AM
RE: Help to debunk Evolution's Achilles Heels.
(03-12-2014 11:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 10:56 AM)anatevka Wrote:  Laughable, and predictable. 98.8%? Are you going to stick to that figure?
You do realize that that is pure fiction and fantasy? You need to do
your homework before posting trash figures like that.

Tomkins, J.P., Genome-Wide DNA Alignment Similarity (Identity) for 40,000 Chimpanzee DNA Sequences Queried against the Human Genome is 86–89%, Answers Res. J. 4:233–241

The percentage depends on what level of comparison one makes - genes or nucleotide sequences. But I'm guessing that's too subtle for you.

Quote:You also realize that we share 50% of our genetic material with a banana? Coincidence?

No, common descent.

So, you're going to stick with the 98.8% figure? I just want to see how
dishonest, or deluded you are, before we continue.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2014, 11:21 AM
(03-12-2014 11:14 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 10:33 AM)anatevka Wrote:  "If Earth is billions of years old, then Adam and Eve didn't happen according to Bible" --> Bzzzzt. Wrong. Nice try, care to try again?

Why do you assume a world-wide flood? You do realize that the Hebrew word
Erets which is translated "Earth" in Genesis is also translated "land?" (as in local land in the area?) You do realize that ancient Hebrew only had about 5,000 words?

Any more questions?

You haven't answered anything, all you do is dodge when someone tries to point something out to you and say you don't believe that.

Explain the firmament, then explain how Noah navigated the ark. Thank you....

You dodged my questions back at you. You said that if the Earth is old, then
the Bible is untrue with regards to Adam and Eve. I said Bzzzt false - I'm waiting for your enlightenment, but I'm not holding my breath, as it's typical for ignorant
atheists to assume that all creationists (and the Bible itself) espouses a young earth. Fact is, YEC is a modern phenomenon. Do your homework.
03-12-2014, 11:36 AM
I see another person has given me negative rep points. Hilarious how you guys can't handle a dissenting opinion here.
03-12-2014, 11:37 AM
(03-12-2014 11:36 AM)anatevka Wrote:  I see another person has given me negative rep points. Hilarious how you guys can't handle a dissenting opinion here.

Was not I.

Looking forwards to your answers.

Much cheers to all.
03-12-2014, 11:44 AM
(03-12-2014 11:16 AM)anatevka Wrote:  So, you're going to stick with the 98.8% figure? I just want to see how
dishonest, or deluded you are, before we continue.

I suppose that's fair since we can all see how dishonest and deluded you are. I don't think you can call it continuing though since you still haven't stated what you actually believe or why.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
03-12-2014, 11:51 AM
Ye fictional gods, this is a boring troll. Just dismisses anything said with ROFL's
03-12-2014, 12:07 PM
(03-12-2014 11:07 AM)anatevka Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 11:01 AM)ohio_drg Wrote:  LOL @ the weak posters comment....

you are posting more of the same garbage that has been debunked time after time....

I have no desire to waste any time on you

Your post is garbage.

Wheee, see I can play this game too!!
Deflection..... Nothing at all to counter what I said.
03-12-2014, 12:13 PM
(03-12-2014 11:21 AM)anatevka Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 11:14 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  You haven't answered anything, all you do is dodge when someone tries to point something out to you and say you don't believe that.

Explain the firmament, then explain how Noah navigated the ark. Thank you....

You dodged my questions back at you. You said that if the Earth is old, then
the Bible is untrue with regards to Adam and Eve. I said Bzzzt false - I'm waiting for your enlightenment, but I'm not holding my breath, as it's typical for ignorant
atheists to assume that all creationists (and the Bible itself) espouses a young earth. Fact is, YEC is a modern phenomenon. Do your homework.

Thank you, I'm sure Jesus is really happy about your insulting nature, you make him proud.

So when the bible states that god created certain things on certain days you don't believe these are literal days? Could you specify the nature of your made up creation myth so we can at least have a starting point for discussion.

Or are you really here to insult people and portray your bigotry in Jesus' name?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
03-12-2014, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2014 06:56 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(03-12-2014 10:47 AM)anatevka Wrote:  
(02-12-2014 07:03 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Jerry Coyne has been a professor at the University of Chicago in the Department of Ecology and Evolution for the past 20 years, where he specializes in evolutionary genetics and the origin of new species.....and your credentials are? Besides the assumption of your gullible belief in the three Fs; Fiction, Forgery and Fantasy, i.e...Religion.

I presume you have a counter-thesis? Well present your academic paper...I would LOVE to review it.

Fiction, forgery and fantasy. Cool, sounds like the history of Darwinism. Plenty of fiction and fantasy, oh... and a shitload of forgeries. Shall we talk about the
faked "walking" whale fossils sitting in museums today (oh and they know they
are fake, but leave them there anyway)?

Fantasy: You see, there was this pool of primordial goo, and something happened, and magically poof it turned into a cell, and then that cell evolved
into everything we see today!! Magic!! The cell evolved from primordial goo,
and the goo evolved from ... nothing!!! Wheeeee. Oh wait, here's another
related fantasy: An alien from another planet came and spewed some
sperm, and all life on earth evolved from that alien sperm!! Wheeeee!

Fantasy: Man evolved from a common ancestor to the modern ape, but, but
(as Richard Dawkins (blathering idiot) admits in "Greatest Show on Earth"
that we have found 0 (yes ZERO) transitional fossils from the so-called
common ancestor to the modern ape, worshipers at the altar of Darwinism
still believe this fantasy.

I could go on for hours, but I'll let you chew on that for now.

Fact: Look up Tikaalik my friend.

Fiction: A floating invisible super genie created several billion planets, picks one, grabs a handful of dirt and blows into it, creating man..... how do we know this ridiculous story?

Fact: Because a group of Judaen Priests made it up 575-550 BCE and said "god" shared this cute story with Moses, by the way, moses is another fabrication. But anyway, THAT is your basis of reality? Really? ....unlike your transcendental made up world, we have evidence of evolution, heck, we have evidence of that inside our own bodies....now if we were created, why would we have vestigial organs and bone structures traceable back to our ancestors? Think, get educated, then speak.

Fiction: the great flood covered the entire world by 40 feet. Never happened. I can get into that in exceptionally high detail if you wish, but it is easily dismissed by pointing at Greenland. Greenland is made of ice, ice melts in water, and a flood of that magnitude would have snapped it off and caused it to melt away. In the last 10k years, weather conditions havent existed to create, or recreate Greenland...especially from a mythical global flood of magical proportion in 2349 BCE.

Fiction: jesus, the christ alleged son of god, and false messiah. How do we know of jesus? Ah yeah, that fictional disproven book called the bible. If you removed all of the pseudepigrapha, interpolations, parables and allegorical writings, you wouldn't have anything left...but anyway, Not one person who writes about Christ, either contemporary or christian, ever met him...no one.

Fantasy: You are at a distinct disadvantage, you believe in a fairy tale, a fairy tale based on a discredited, easily dismantled and disproven fictional book, filled with allegorical writings by communities of followers who penned them under more known author's names, pseudepigrapha by definition. Now if you wanted to discuss the philosophical theories of god then that would be a different, albeit subjective discussion, but if you cling to the bible as argument from authority, then you are beyond help. The world isn't flat, there isn't enough water on or in the planet to flood the world as per the mythical global flood that never happened, the exodus never happened, and jesus christ super star the miracle performing zombie didnt exist either as all writings of him were penned after his death by people who never witnessed the alleged events. Seek knowledge, it will help you with your 'faith".

If you wish to actually enter an intelligent, civil discussion about different perspectives, what is actually fact, and fiction, science and religion.... let me know.

I love helping people down the epistemological path of knowledge..

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
03-12-2014, 02:29 PM
Re: Help to debunk Evolution's Achilles Heels.
Because Gawd. ROFLcopter.