Help with mobile view

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2015, 01:05 PM
Help with mobile view
Most every time I hit this forum, I'm on my phone. But, every now and again (like this instance), I access from a PC. What I've noticed is that I no longer get the non-mobile view when I'm on a PC. This is a problem because in addition to the atrocious color scheme of the mobile version, it also has some other limitations. For example, I can no longer see if people "like" my posts, thus depriving me of a personal Sally Fields moments when I can see that you like me, you really like me.

Is there a way I can get back to the regular version on a PC? And, for that matter, is there a way to avoid the mobile version on my phone as well?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
03-01-2015, 01:21 PM
RE: Help with mobile view
(03-01-2015 01:05 PM)BnW Wrote:  Most every time I hit this forum, I'm on my phone. But, every now and again (like this instance), I access from a PC. What I've noticed is that I no longer get the non-mobile view when I'm on a PC. This is a problem because in addition to the atrocious color scheme of the mobile version, it also has some other limitations. For example, I can no longer see if people "like" my posts, thus depriving me of a personal Sally Fields moments when I can see that you like me, you really like me.

Is there a way I can get back to the regular version on a PC? And, for that matter, is there a way to avoid the mobile version on my phone as well?

If you can get to your user CP, go to edit options. At the bottom you can choose how you see the forum under board style.There are some check boxes right above that, one will default your phone to the phone version.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
03-01-2015, 01:27 PM
I'm using an iPhone and I hated the mobile view. Then I noticed that right down the bottom there is an option to go to full site view.... I can't remember what the actual words were (and can't change it back now)

Either way, we can let you know when people like your posts. I will monitor this personally.

It's all part of the service.

So far ... no one likes you.

Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
03-01-2015, 02:10 PM
For your phone one word. Tapatalk.
[+] 1 user Likes photon9's post
03-01-2015, 02:18 PM
(03-01-2015 01:27 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm using an iPhone and I hated the mobile view. Then I noticed that right down the bottom there is an option to go to full site view.... I can't remember what the actual words were (and can't change it back now)

Either way, we can let you know when people like your posts. I will monitor this personally.

It's all part of the service.

So far ... no one likes you.

Tongue

I still have the option to go back to mobile view from desktop right down at the bottom (not that I would, hate mobile view). Consider

Of course I'm not on an iPhone, because iPhones are dumb. Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
03-01-2015, 02:32 PM
I used to use mobile view exclusively, until I became a mod.

User cp. you can change your view.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

03-01-2015, 03:20 PM
Thanks, Mom, that did the trick. Now I can see the forum in all its glory.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
03-01-2015, 03:42 PM
(03-01-2015 01:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-01-2015 01:05 PM)BnW Wrote:  Most every time I hit this forum, I'm on my phone. But, every now and again (like this instance), I access from a PC. What I've noticed is that I no longer get the non-mobile view when I'm on a PC. This is a problem because in addition to the atrocious color scheme of the mobile version, it also has some other limitations. For example, I can no longer see if people "like" my posts, thus depriving me of a personal Sally Fields moments when I can see that you like me, you really like me.

If you can get to your user CP, go to edit options. At the bottom you can choose how you see the forum under board style.There are some check boxes right above that, one will default your phone to the phone version.

Glad I poked around on this. I had been switching my phone to full view without knowing till today I could change the default. YAY! That's much more better. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
04-01-2015, 12:18 AM
To save the extra seconds it takes to go into your CP, there is also a link in the footer,

"Full version" on mobile view, and "Mobile version" on full-view, which will switch it for you.