Helpful Food Info

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2016, 05:36 PM
RE: Helpful Food Info
(26-06-2016 05:23 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 03:11 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  meagerly and on the brink of starvation? Consider

There were meager times and there were times where being round was a sign of affluence...

What I meant to say is that we should stick with the stuff our bodies have evolved to exploit for nutrients.

Unfortunately my body is over exploitive. Big Grin

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2016, 09:05 PM
This Quora discussion on nutrition labels is fairly informative: https://www.quora.com/Food-Science-How-a...-on-labels

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
26-06-2016, 09:13 PM
(18-06-2016 02:38 PM)Dom Wrote:  Only two kinds of fish I don't like - butterfish and catfish. My favorite by far is Salmon, but I enjoy most fish.

I don't care for catfish...but living in the south means I can't admit it out loud. Undecided

Seafood and meat are kind of a battle for me. I grew up in Iowa and Wisconsin...grandpa raised cattle and hogs. I ate good meat. Moving away left me wanting, but not being able to find, that quality of meat - even from meat markets. The other grandfather was a fisherman...the seafood I ate when visiting there was phenomenal and cooked by people who really knew how to prepare it since it was the main food source. Unless I eat at a good quality restaurant I find myself disappointed or at least not impressed.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
26-06-2016, 09:24 PM
I am lactose intolerant to milk and most dairy products.

For a milk substitute I drink either Soy or Almond milk; great sources of protein and calcium.

For a cheese substitute, I try to avoid vegan cheese due to the taste being rather bland. There are often natural lactose free cheeses, however. The Boar's Head imported swiss brand is my favorite.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxen's post
26-06-2016, 09:29 PM
(26-06-2016 09:24 PM)Foxen Wrote:  I am lactose intolerant to milk and most dairy products.

For a milk substitute I drink either Soy or Almond milk; great sources of protein and calcium.

For a cheese substitute, I try to avoid vegan cheese due to the taste being rather bland. There are often natural lactose free cheeses, however. The Boar's Head imported swiss brand is my favorite.

I drink Lactaid milk (no lactose) and their ice cream is good too. I will look for the Boar's Head cheese. Thx

26-06-2016, 09:31 PM
(26-06-2016 09:29 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I drink Lactaid milk (no lactose) and their ice cream is good too. I will look for the Boar's Head cheese. Thx

I have never tried Lactaid, though I have seen commercials about it.

With Boar's Head only their imported swiss is lactose free, unfortunately.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxen's post
26-06-2016, 09:48 PM
(26-06-2016 09:31 PM)Foxen Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 09:29 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I drink Lactaid milk (no lactose) and their ice cream is good too. I will look for the Boar's Head cheese. Thx

I have never tried Lactaid, though I have seen commercials about it.

With Boar's Head only their imported swiss is lactose free, unfortunately.

Ok. I also drink Dairy Pure which is the same lactose free milk. It tastes just like milk because it is milk. It is a bit sweet because the sugars are already broke down but it's good and comes in whole, 2% and fat free.

27-06-2016, 06:21 AM
(26-06-2016 09:24 PM)Foxen Wrote:  I am lactose intolerant to milk and most dairy products.

[Image: 1Y7Q9.jpg.jpg]

Just sayin'.

Edit: I'm late to the party, I see. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-06-2016, 11:16 PM
I've heard about BPA but this makes me more concerned now:

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-06-li...pting.html
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
01-07-2016, 07:06 AM
I've recently began attempting to "eat better". Raisin Bran instead of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Apples, grapes and other fruits as snacks. Turkey sandwich in place of fast food lunch crap with carrots, olives, celery, tomatoes, pickles etc as sides. And most importantly, when it comes to dinner, managing my portions. The obesity issue I'd estimate as more often than not, a consumption issue.

Add in some weekly exercise along with a fairly active 12 hour shift job and in 6 months I went from 210 pounds to just under 190 at 6' 1". I haven't felt this good since high school and am in much better shape...now just if I can eliminate the occasional cigarette.

Oh and probably the biggest thing of all, I've nearly eliminated my soda consumption, which was very hard for me being that I grew up drinking Dr. Pepper, Pepsi and Mountain Dew.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post