Helpful Hints

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2014, 07:53 PM
Helpful Hints
I came across information on how to save money when buying airline tickets and wanted to share just in case it might benefit some of you, and this got me thinking (yes it hurts my head when I do).

With all the forum members we have on here and the diverse fields of experience represented there has to be information that you know or come across that could be helpful to others.

I imagine the thread just being a mish-mash of that kind of stuff. Anyway here’s my first offering.

Want cheaper plane tickets? Use a ‘fake’ location
http://greentravelerguides.com/want-chea...-location/

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
18-12-2014, 08:19 PM
RE: Helpful Hints
I am glad I got this early.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
18-12-2014, 08:26 PM
I like the idea of this thread. Smile

I have a couple great tips but they're stupid and housewifey, so I'll just keep them to myself.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-12-2014, 08:37 PM
(18-12-2014 08:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I like the idea of this thread. Smile

I have a couple great tips but they're stupid and housewifey, so I'll just keep them to myself.

Nah, if someone can benefit go for it.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
18-12-2014, 08:40 PM
(18-12-2014 08:37 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 08:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I like the idea of this thread. Smile

Nah, if someone can benefit go for it.

Share away!! I know I can always use tips like that Big Grin
My mom was in no way housewifey or girly. I didn't get to learn a lot of stuff like that from her.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
18-12-2014, 08:50 PM
I don't know how many will benefit from this.

But those votive candleholders (glass) that hold a votive candle?

Well, after you burn them, they melt like candles and then the pretty glass votive holder is filled with crappy wax that's really difficult to get out.

My tip is to take a half teaspoon of water at the bottom of the candleholder, put in the votive and light it. It can burn all the way to down, and when you want to replace it, it will just pop out.

I love the jar candles from Yankee candle but once they get down so far they're just kinda crappy looking. Seemed a waste to toss them, so when they get low (around a quarter left) I put it in the freezer for a couple hours. The wax inside hardens and shrinks, the old candle pops out (wiggle it out with a thin butter knife taking to not break the glass) and I can use the glass jar for anything (like an extra vase or whatever -- I have a long skinny one that used to hold dried spaghetti).

To clean the inside, wait for it to come back up to room temp, and you can just put it in the dishwaheer.

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-12-2014, 09:22 PM
(18-12-2014 08:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't know how many will benefit from this.

Well, after you burn them, they melt like candles and then the pretty glass votive holder is filled with crappy wax that's really difficult to get out.

My tip is to take a half teaspoon of water at the bottom of the candleholder, put in the votive and light it. It can burn all the way to down, and when you want to replace it, it will just pop out.

I love the jar candles from Yankee candle but once they get down so far they're just kinda crappy looking. Seemed a waste to toss them, so when they get low (around a quarter left) I put it in the freezer for a couple hours. The wax inside hardens and shrinks, the old candle pops out (wiggle it out with a thin butter knife taking to not break the glass) and I can use the glass jar for anything (like an extra vase or whatever -- I have a long skinny one that used to hold dried spaghetti).

To clean the inside, wait for it to come back up to room temp, and you can just put it in the dishwaheer.

Cool.

I do have a question not directly related to any of this...is that a Christmas Turd on your sig looking back at me?

18-12-2014, 09:24 PM
(18-12-2014 09:22 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 08:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't know how many will benefit from this.

Cool.

I do have a question not directly related to any of this...is that a Christmas Turd on your sig looking back at me?

Yes, yes it is. It's magical Christmas poo.

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-12-2014, 09:27 PM
(18-12-2014 09:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 09:22 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Cool.

It’s beautiful.

Shocking

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
18-12-2014, 09:43 PM
(18-12-2014 09:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 09:22 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Cool.

So was it you who stole free thoughts youth?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube