Helping darwinists understand origins

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Helping darwinists understand origins
There are a small handful of hardcore YE creationists on another forum that like to argue with the overwhelming majority of the atheist, agnostic, Theistic evolution members about the nature and origin of reality. Sometime back, someone started a now closed thread called "Helping creationists understand evolution." This grew to be a massive 81 page beast with 810 posts. It mainly consisted of the majority posting scientific material and the minority closing their eyes, plugging their ears, and singing LA LA LA LA.

Well, someone recently started a response thread called "Helping darwinists understand origins." For starters, I could tell which direction the thread was heading in based on the title. They also had Darwinism listed in a poll with Atheism and Christianity as "belief systems." Anyway, the first page alone shows that the OP is an adherent of the "Gish Gallop" strategy. They dump link after link after link, along with quotes from each, to show that the prevalence of mathematics in our genome sequence, numerological patterns in religious texts, and the similarity in religious practices of different cultures proves that God exists. Check it out, it's like a train wreck.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2011, 01:47 PM
RE: Helping darwinists understand origins
Hey Ghost not sure if there is a way to avoid it but, you have to be logged in to view the links. I'd rather not sign up just to view the thread, do you know if there is a way to get around that or is it a security feature of the forum?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
04-12-2011, 02:06 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2011 02:09 PM by ghostexorcist.)
(04-12-2011 01:47 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Hey Ghost not sure if there is a way to avoid it but, you have to be logged in to view the links. I'd rather not sign up just to view the thread, do you know if there is a way to get around that or is it a security feature of the forum?

Crap, I forgot about that. Yah, it is a security thing. I'll guess I'll just have to post some screen shots. Here is just a part of one of his posts:

[Image: creationistapologetics.png]
04-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Yawn. Big Grin

Not you, ge, the whole "let's do science using our ancient texts!" routine. The field is biology, the current presiding paradigm is the theory of evolution, and that's all there is to it. Wink

I understand the urge to speak out on some topics. Occasionally I get lippy on creationism; and if they come to my hood it shall be jihad. But other than that, if people wanna wallow in ignorance and not evolve, that's all them. Wink

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
04-12-2011, 11:20 PM
I got crazied away by the first mention of numerology... 100% crazy talk if you ask me. Who cares how many verses there are, how many words there are in each verse, etc. All that says to me is that the person has something they want the book to say and they made up a bunch of random equations, symmeries, etc to make it seem like an "encoded message", which is hilarious to me...

Better without God, and happier too.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Azaraith's post
05-12-2011, 10:08 AM
If I were to just go on the second set of polling options. I would say this guy is clueless. People don't just fit in what you view is. Just silliness.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
05-12-2011, 10:19 AM
(04-12-2011 11:20 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  I got crazied away by the first mention of numerology... 100% crazy talk if you ask me.

Numerology's witchcraft; which means ya gotta be a witch to understand it. So if you're not a witch, it's crazy talk; but you can tell 'em it's witchcraft. Well, the whole Bible is witchcraft... Tongue

If I were to explain about me and 4 right now... it's be next week. And the next pattern of 4 I see ...may or may not get a second look. It's just a tool, but believing in tools gets fools tooled up.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
05-12-2011, 11:12 AM
Wow they ARE right… The world is flat after all…

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
05-12-2011, 11:47 AM
That's a whole page of what looks to be gibberish. Not sure if it is, but I have to assume that it is.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
08-12-2011, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2011 08:14 PM by ghostexorcist.)
The page was recently locked by an admin because the guy just kept on filling up page after page with nonsense, and he never directly answered questions put forth by skeptical members. Even his would-be supporters wouldn't even read his posts.

I accused him of "confirmation bias," where a person only looks for material that supports their own stance. You can see his reply along with my subsequent reply here:

[Image: forumstuff.png]

Here is his reply and my subsequent reply. I left that last bit in just to show the typical stuff that is brought up on the forum:

[Image: forumstuff2.png]

He never posted any of the material that I asked him to before the thread was finally locked. I was hoping that the thread would stay open longer so I could highlight his hypocrisy. And by the way, the last person completely ignored my post about Communism and continued to talk about how bad atheist governments would be.

He has just posted several pages worth of material from the locked thread to his personal blog on the forum. Please take note that he has deleted a lot of the more confrontational posts from other members that make him look bad. He has kept a few of the comments because I guess he feels his replies make him look good. You do not need a membership to see this.

http://www.historum.com/blogs/killcarney...igins.html