Helping with a personality change.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2014, 06:20 PM
Helping with a personality change.
I am trying to change the way I act to a fun guy who is goofy to someone more serious and a lot less silly. You know, no more trying to be funny, in fact I want to try and be a lot less funny. I want people to respect me, not see me as another joke.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2014, 06:28 PM
RE: Helping with a personality change.
(22-05-2014 06:20 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I am trying to change the way I act to a fun guy who is goofy to someone more serious and a lot less silly. You know, no more trying to be funny, in fact I want to try and be a lot less funny. I want people to respect me, not see me as another joke.

You're not playing it right brother. I respect you precisely because you are a silly and goofy seal with some very interesting and useful insights. If you give up the seals, you give up those insights. Don't do it. No

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-05-2014, 06:31 PM
(22-05-2014 06:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 06:20 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I am trying to change the way I act to a fun guy who is goofy to someone more serious and a lot less silly. You know, no more trying to be funny, in fact I want to try and be a lot less funny. I want people to respect me, not see me as another joke.

You're not playing it right brother. I respect you precisely because you are a silly and goofy seal with some very interesting and useful insights. If you give up the seals, you give up those insights. Don't do it. Thumbsup

Yeah but this is internet not real life. In real life I must have a good first impression. I don't think goofy is good. But I will never stop the seals. Thumbsup

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
22-05-2014, 06:49 PM
(22-05-2014 06:31 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 06:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You're not playing it right brother. I respect you precisely because you are a silly and goofy seal with some very interesting and useful insights. If you give up the seals, you give up those insights. Don't do it. Thumbsup

Yeah but this is internet not real life. In real life I must have a good first impression. I don't think goofy is good. But I will never stop the seals. Thumbsup

Here is your Seal of Approval.

[Image: SEALs3_449590a.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
22-05-2014, 06:52 PM

Ok, so I logged back in just to comment on this Pale. Yes

I've talked to my kids about this over the years. It's one thing to add or subtract something about yourself, that you feel would make an improvement. It's another thing to change a major part of who you really are!

I think "most" people enjoy someone with a sense of humor over someone with the personality of cardboard....yuk.

If you have been a fun and goofy guy all of your life - keep it that way! All you really have to do, is learn to put that fun side away, when the situation calls for a more serious you. It doesn't have to be either/or.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes CindysRain's post
22-05-2014, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2014 07:08 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-05-2014 06:31 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  But I will never stop the seals. Thumbsup

That's all that really matters. Thumbsup

(22-05-2014 06:31 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Yeah but this is internet not real life. In real life I must have a good first impression. I don't think goofy is good.

I think you might be wrong there little brother. Going on 30 years of marriage with ManlyGirl and her Catholic family (all divorced now) used to regularly ask her in front of Girly at family gatherings how she could stay married to a heathen (Guys! Guys! I'm right here. I can hear you.) Without exception she always answered , "He makes me laugh." And then I'd snort mashed potatoes outta my nose trying not to laugh. Needless to say the divorcees have since stopped questioning our marriage. I think that's what women want more than 6-pack abs or a chiseled chin or a fat wallet. They want a man that can make them laugh. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-05-2014, 07:04 PM
Quote:You know, no more trying to be funny, in fact I want to try and be a lot less funny.

Wait, you were trying to be funny?

(22-05-2014 06:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 06:31 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Yeah but this is internet not real life. In real life I must have a good first impression. I don't think goofy is good. But I will never stop the seals. Thumbsup

Here is your Seal of Approval.

[Image: SEALs3_449590a.jpg]

That's not a seal, it's a human.
22-05-2014, 07:10 PM
You shouldn't try to change your personality. I think the issue may be learning what is appropriate and when and adjust to that. I don't see a whole personality change as necessary.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
22-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Paleo, I agree with Girly and Cindy on this one. [edit] and Anj, she beat me!

That being said, there is some truth to there being a time to be serious, and a time to be goofy. I say nurture both parts.

If you feel your serious side needs some work, by all means. Just keep the fun side. That's a big reason I married my husband too. He can REALLY make me laugh, and we can be huge goofballs together. It's a wonderful thing for us to share Yes

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
22-05-2014, 07:15 PM
Quote: I think the issue may be learning what is appropriate

No "may be" about it.
He needs to learn some manners too, but this falls into "appropriate".