Henry Worsley

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2016, 06:05 PM
Henry Worsley
This message is haunting. Henry Worsley is a gentleman who died a couple days ago trying to be the first person to trek across the Antarctic along. This is his final audio message.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-35398552

He was attempting to recreate a more successful trip than the one attempted over 100 years ago which killed another guy trying to go across the Antarctic. I don't understand why people do stuff like this. Sure, he was doing this for charity and that's a noble cause and all but there are other ways of raising money for charity that don't involve subfreezing temperatures and death.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2016, 06:15 PM
RE: Henry Worsley

#sigh
25-01-2016, 06:21 PM
Ok Girly. Ummmmm. Not sure what that was about but anyway but I liked Bronson's raincoat.

25-01-2016, 06:32 PM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2016 06:47 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-01-2016 06:21 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Ok Girly. Ummmmm. Not sure what that was about but anyway but I liked Bronson's raincoat.

Death wishes and defying death.

#sigh
25-01-2016, 10:36 PM
(25-01-2016 06:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(25-01-2016 06:21 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Ok Girly. Ummmmm. Not sure what that was about but anyway but I liked Bronson's raincoat.

Death wishes and defying death.

I realize that................................................ but it's still stupid.

26-01-2016, 12:22 AM
I didn't listen to this audio, I can't. I've read a few articles on this this AM, then I ventured to the comment section and became sad with humanity. People can be cruel.

I actually understand this. I completely get where Henry was coming from. I admire it. I have a few major goals in my life that are at the moment taking every once of being and sacrifice I have to accomplish, so I get it. I get setting and wanting to attain a positive and satisfying goal like this, and I appreciate that in the same effort Henry succeeded (and he did) in fundraising for others too. He can't speak for himself, but I do think this sounds like a both personal and consequently giving goal he aspired to. To be so close is so tragic. I appreciate this over many low excuses I've met in my time. I still see Henry as a hero and an inspiration, I think he'll both haunt and inspire me always. I hope his last breaths and thoughts were peaceful and fulfilling for him.
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
26-01-2016, 12:36 AM
(26-01-2016 12:22 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I didn't listen to this audio, I can't. I've read a few articles on this this AM, then I ventured to the comment section and became sad with humanity. People can be cruel.

I actually understand this. I completely get where Henry was coming from. I admire it. I have a few major goals in my life that are at the moment taking every once of being and sacrifice I have to accomplish, so I get it. I get setting and wanting to attain a positive and satisfying goal like this, and I appreciate that in the same effort Henry succeeded (and he did) in fundraising for others too. He can't speak for himself, but I do think this sounds like a both personal and consequently giving goal he aspired to. To be so close is so tragic. I appreciate this over many low excuses I've met in my time. I still see Henry as a hero and an inspiration, I think he'll both haunt and inspire me always. I hope his last breaths and thoughts were peaceful and fulfilling for him.

I think he could have gone across the Antarctic with a companion and raised money that way and he might not have died. I know he wanted to do it alone but there are huge risks. Prince-whatever his name is from the UK (can't think of his name off hand) did a similar thing trying to raise money for wounded soldiers. Of course he did it with several people in a group and as I recall they had to turn back. It was just too much even in a group and they didn't want to risk having a dead, frozen British prince.

Anyway, it was a haunting audio of his last message. Very sad.

26-01-2016, 12:47 AM
(26-01-2016 12:36 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(26-01-2016 12:22 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I didn't listen to this audio, I can't. I've read a few articles on this this AM, then I ventured to the comment section and became sad with humanity. People can be cruel.

I think he could have gone across the Antarctic with a companion and raised money that way and he might not have died. I know he wanted to do it alone but there are huge risks. Prince-whatever his name is from the UK (can't think of his name off hand) did a similar thing trying to raise money for wounded soldiers. Of course he did it with several people in a group and as I recall they had to turn back. It was just too much even in a group and they didn't want to risk having a dead, frozen British prince.

Anyway, it was a haunting audio of his last message. Very sad.

As I said I can't speak for him at all… but I perceive the whole ordeal as not soley for a fundraiser. It looks like a personal endeavour that may or may not be understood by some. Yes, very sad.
26-01-2016, 01:05 AM
(25-01-2016 06:05 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  This message is haunting. Henry Worsley is a gentleman who died a couple days ago trying to be the first person to trek across the Antarctic along. This is his final audio message.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-35398552

He was attempting to recreate a more successful trip than the one attempted over 100 years ago which killed another guy trying to go across the Antarctic. I don't understand why people do stuff like this. Sure, he was doing this for charity and that's a noble cause and all but there are other ways of raising money for charity that don't involve subfreezing temperatures and death.

I totally understand risking your life for personal accomplishment. I've found the same thrill exploring abandon mines, swinging on ropes over a river, climbing the cat ways under a bridge designed for freight trains etc.

Once you complete your life risking goal, you feel a since tremendous accomplishment, and self empowerment.

Here I am enjoying my adrenaline gland.
[Image: VLPOnul.jpg]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 3 users Like fstratzero's post
26-01-2016, 10:52 AM
I was just watching the first X-Files movie. Are we sure he died or was he infected with an alien virus to gestate a new alien creature???

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel