Herd Immunity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2014, 11:02 PM
RE: Herd Immunity
Any unimmunized child may as well have a grenade in their hand , nudist parents are not allowed to let their children mix in general public unclothed, so why should parents that are endangering many lives be allowed more rights.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
16-03-2014, 11:31 PM
I have a serious question. Do not attack me, because I really want to know. What is the purpose of these damn vaccinations if they are not going to protect my children from the kids whose parents are too stupid to have then vaccinated?
Also, where I live children who are not vaccinated are banned from daycares and public schools. Is it not the same in other places?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
16-03-2014, 11:33 PM
(16-03-2014 06:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 05:45 PM)BnW Wrote:  Btw, the comments on that blog are fantastic. "Why are people not as smart as us and can't see we don't need vaccines". You think any of them have looked at the death tolls from certain diseases before we vaccinated against them? I doubt it.

What amazes me is that many of these anti-vaxers minimize the danger of 'childhood' diseases. They simply don't accept that measles, for instance, maims and kills.

If you want to go deeper on that, measles, according the the WHO, was responsible for approximately 122 000 deaths world wide in 2012. One year back it was 158,000.

To say 'maims and kills' seems like a slight down-play on measles.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
16-03-2014, 11:38 PM
Any parent that doesn't vaccinate their child doesn't truly care for their child's well being.

They may think they do, but that is completely irrelevant. To prioritize withholding vaccinations due to a (false) scare related to a 1 in 120 chance of developing a neural disorder disorder which will make social life more difficult OVER guaranteeing the safety of your child from scores of deadly disease which have completely wiped out families prior to the availability of vaccines is asinine. Any person that actually recognizes such would be grossly irresponsible for still choosing to withhold vaccination. Any person that denies the danger of these viruses is flat-out retarded and a danger to society for refusing to vaccinate themselves and their children.

There is no "other side" of the issue on this one. Ant-vaxxers are a danger to society, plain and simple.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
16-03-2014, 11:47 PM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2014 11:52 PM by sporehux.)
(16-03-2014 11:31 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I have a serious question. Do not attack me, because I really want to know. What is the purpose of these damn vaccinations if they are not going to protect my children from the kids whose parents are too stupid to have then vaccinated?
Also, where I live children who are not vaccinated are banned from daycares and public schools. Is it not the same in other places?

The vaccinations do protect your children, older children that are unvaxed infect younger children that are yet to be fully vaxed.

Vaccinations are like cheap (free mostly) life insurance policies for your children, but instead of a cash payout you get to keep them ALIVE.
Driving to the clinic to get vaccinated is statistically more dangerous then the possible vaccination side effects.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 3 users Like sporehux's post
17-03-2014, 01:03 AM
(16-03-2014 11:31 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I have a serious question. Do not attack me, because I really want to know. What is the purpose of these damn vaccinations if they are not going to protect my children from the kids whose parents are too stupid to have then vaccinated?

It is not vaccinated kids who are at risk, it is unvaccinated kids (there are a lot of health reasons why some are unable to be vaccinated ie: compromised immune system) and younger children who have not been vaccinated yet. It is a percentage game vaccinations if most everyone is vaccinated then the few who cannot be or are not yet are at a lower risk. However since the antivaxxer movement has risen the number of unvaccinated to the point that herd immunity is no longer in effect they are putting not only their kids at risk but the children that are unable to be vaccinated. That is why they are horrible people, they are risking not only their own children's lives (which is bad enough) but putting children who are already dealing with major illness at increased and unnecessary risk.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
17-03-2014, 01:16 AM
Thanks guys! I somehow thought that the vaccinations were not protecting children from unvaccinated kids. So it is kids like my Paloma (17 months) who are at risk because they haven't had a chance to get all the vaccinations?
What about the requirement to be vaccinated before you can enroll in school or daycare. As far as I know it is required for all the schools and daycares where I live. Do all of these people homeschool their children? Won't they need to get these vaccinations to go to college or get a job?
I don't like legally requiring people to get themselves or their children vaccinated, but I don't really have a problem saying, you can't go to school here or work here because you are a danger to the other children/employees. I can't imagine many people becoming homesteaders just to avoid vaccinating.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
17-03-2014, 01:30 AM
(17-03-2014 01:16 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Thanks guys! I somehow thought that the vaccinations were not protecting children from unvaccinated kids. So it is kids like my Paloma (17 months) who are at risk because they haven't had a chance to get all the vaccinations?
What about the requirement to be vaccinated before you can enroll in school or daycare. As far as I know it is required for all the schools and daycares where I live. Do all of these people homeschool their children? Won't they need to get these vaccinations to go to college or get a job?
I don't like legally requiring people to get themselves or their children vaccinated, but I don't really have a problem saying, you can't go to school here or work here because you are a danger to the other children/employees. I can't imagine many people becoming homesteaders just to avoid vaccinating.

Any person who has not been vaccinated is vulnerable to infection by whatever is supposed to be vaccinated against. You kid would be at risk to anything they are not vaccinated against. Of course, this stands for adults too.
Of course you can be vaccinated and never build up an immunity, but we can't tell unless you get infected...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-03-2014, 02:02 AM
(16-03-2014 06:53 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 06:28 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Isn't there any legal consequence for people who don't get vaccinated? there should

I disagree. The right to refuse medical treatment is a constitutional right. While, not having your children vaccinated is stupid and irresponsible, it is a right that needs to be protected.

I agree, let stupid people kill themselves. Social Darwinism at its finest Drinking Beverage
...just keep the stupid away from my kids and we're all good here

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 2 users Like Im_Ryan's post
17-03-2014, 03:29 AM
(17-03-2014 02:02 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 06:53 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I disagree. The right to refuse medical treatment is a constitutional right. While, not having your children vaccinated is stupid and irresponsible, it is a right that needs to be protected.

I agree, let stupid people kill themselves. Social Darwinism at its finest Drinking Beverage
...just keep the stupid away from my kids and we're all good here

[Image: remove+all+thw+warning+labels.jpg]
It's old, but it's gold.

[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post