Herd Immunity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2014, 03:33 AM
RE: Herd Immunity
(17-03-2014 03:29 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 02:02 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I agree, let stupid people kill themselves. Social Darwinism at its finest Drinking Beverage
...just keep the stupid away from my kids and we're all good here

[Image: remove+all+thw+warning+labels.jpg]
It's old, but it's gold.

Exactly, the human race has become weak. We need to make it strong again!
Popcorn

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2014, 03:44 AM
(17-03-2014 03:33 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 03:29 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  [Image: remove+all+thw+warning+labels.jpg]
It's old, but it's gold.

Exactly, the human race has become weak. We need to make it strong again!
Popcorn

Creationists want proof of evolution, part of me wants to give it to them, but another part keeps thinking of this:
[Nazi propaganda for their compulsory "euthanasia" program: ]
[Image: EuthanasiePropaganda.jpg]
60000 RM

this is what this person suffering from hereditary defects costs the Community of Germans during his lifetime

Fellow Citizen, that is your money, too

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
17-03-2014, 04:00 AM
(16-03-2014 11:31 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I have a serious question. Do not attack me, because I really want to know. What is the purpose of these damn vaccinations if they are not going to protect my children from the kids whose parents are too stupid to have then vaccinated?
Also, where I live children who are not vaccinated are banned from daycares and public schools. Is it not the same in other places?

I decided to attack you after all L&I (out of love).. Heart
I'm pretty sure you are in the right boat already...

[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
17-03-2014, 04:12 AM
(17-03-2014 04:00 AM)sporehux Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 11:31 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I have a serious question. Do not attack me, because I really want to know. What is the purpose of these damn vaccinations if they are not going to protect my children from the kids whose parents are too stupid to have then vaccinated?
Also, where I live children who are not vaccinated are banned from daycares and public schools. Is it not the same in other places?

I decided to attack you after all L&I (out of love).. Heart

Bully Tongue

So let me continue with my questions as no one has really addressed the school question.
Are these people finding ways around the vaccination requirements for schools and daycares? If so, are the schools/daycares required to warn parents if there are unvaccinated children attending?
If not, how do we protect our children when they're too young for certain vaccinations?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
17-03-2014, 05:01 AM
(17-03-2014 04:12 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  So let me continue with my questions as no one has really addressed the school question.
Are these people finding ways around the vaccination requirements for schools and daycares? If so, are the schools/daycares required to warn parents if there are unvaccinated children attending?
If not, how do we protect our children when they're too young for certain vaccinations?

In Australia they make out its compulsory requirement that kids are vaccinated appropriate for their age group, in schools/daycare etc, but in reality its just the parents say so, I lost the kids "bluebooks" (medi records) in a move and they accepted my yes tick on the form for school.

I guess because 99% of kids are vaccinated then that remaining 1% has to actually contract a problem to become a problem, odds are low, so letting the current nutters get away with their un-vaccinated kids is a low risk to them and others, but if a larger percentage of kids are un-vaccinated you get an exponential explosions in risk and outbreaks.

17-03-2014, 05:06 AM
I think we might have more crazies here in Muricah though...sigh

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
17-03-2014, 05:12 AM
(17-03-2014 04:12 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 04:00 AM)sporehux Wrote:  I decided to attack you after all L&I (out of love).. Heart

Bully Tongue

So let me continue with my questions as no one has really addressed the school question.

I doubt that the school would be legally able to tell people that sort of information without the express consent of those the school would be 'warning' about, I don't know, I'm not a 'Murican lawyer and I'm not going digging trough the legalesse to find out exactly.

But I can't help but wonder, which vaccines are you concerned about when it comes to children being too young to receive?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-03-2014, 05:18 AM
Tbh, I don't know a lot about vaccines. I take my children to well checks and they get whatever vaccines their doctor says they're supposed to get. Certainly my 5 year old has more than my 17 month old though.

17-03-2014, 05:23 AM
(17-03-2014 05:18 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Tbh, I don't know a lot about vaccines. I take my children to well checks and they get whatever vaccines their doctor says they're supposed to get. Certainly my 5 year old has more than my 17 month old though.

Okay, can you give me an example as to a vaccine your doc said your 17 month couldn't have?

I ask, because there are a bunch of vacs that can only be taken within or after a certain age bracket.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-03-2014, 06:11 AM
Vaccines are not 100% effective. For example, I think the flu vaccine last year came out at about 50% effective. That is - your are half as likely to be infected when exposed to the virus as someone who is unvaccinated. Different vaccines have different efficacy rates and this factors into the calculation for each vaccine as to what constitutes herd immunity.

The basic herd immunity model is that each person exposed to the virus has a percentage chance of being carried along the chain. If the chance of passing on an infection is low then the chain of people who become infected will be short. If the percentage reaches a certain threshold value, however, it will no longer end on its own. It will keep going and cause an epidemic.

Usually when an outbreak occurs we actually see more vaccinated children come down with the disease than unvaccinated. That's because there are more vaccinated children, and each infected person is still a risk to those children due to vaccination not being 100% effective. If the virus has to pass through multiple vaccinated children to reach your child then the chances of your child staying healthy are good, especially if your child is themselves vaccinated. If the virus is able to pass through susceptible children who do not form a effective barrier to its spread it will indeed spread. Enclaves of unvaccinated children are thus more dangerous than individual unvaccinated children. Instead of having to stop at every traffic light, viruses are able to get on the highway and get out to anyone those groups of children have contact with much more easily.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post