Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life,

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2017, 03:59 PM
RE: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life,
(03-01-2017 03:53 PM)Vosur Wrote:  You know, reading the whole thing several times helped me understand what this guy is actually trying to say. My summary would look something like this:

• Human memory is faulty which means that we have no guarantee that we won't forget any given moment in the past or present in the future.
• Humans are incapable of understanding the cycle of rebirth (reincarnation) and the God who directs it (Krishna) because of our faulty memory.
• We have to rely on authority figures to be certain about any piece of knowledge and since all authorities in the world accept Krishna as the ultimate authority, we should defer to him for our knowledge.
• To free yourself from the four main causes of suffering and the cycle of rebirth and to achieve true happiness, you have to adhere to a number of religious rules.
• You should seek out help from a spiritual master who can guide you on the path to freedom.

I wish OP was here to tell me if I understood it correctly. Laugh out load

Don't forget to chant, that's important. Laugh out load

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
03-01-2017, 03:59 PM
(03-01-2017 03:43 PM)Vosur Wrote:  ...
What do you think? Wink

I think that if he comes back again with your version of this (now intelligible for the first time) argument from authority ... I'm banning the both of you as a pair of socks!

Tongue

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
04-01-2017, 12:26 AM
(03-01-2017 03:43 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 01:06 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  The grammar, it fuckin' hurts.
True. Consider

Here's my attempt at rewriting it to be a bit more eloquent:

Practical Explanation

To start off with an example: Are you able to give me a detailed description of every second of your life, starting from the moment of your birth? (e.g. what you thought and did at a given time)

Are you able to tell me, in detail, about the first minute, hour, day, week, month or year of your life? Are you able to do the same for your entire life?

If you are not able to do it, then what proof do you have that you haven't forgotten your past or that you won't forget this moment right now in the future?

The existence of the Supreme Lord Krishna is a fact, but we lack the intelligence to understand him.

There is also the matter of the next life. I have already demonstrated that no scientist, no politician and no so-called 'intelligent man' in this world is able to understand the truth. You cannot imagine what or who God is, what comes after life and so on.

---

To give you another example: Your father existed before your birth, so you can't say that your father didn't exist prior to your birth.

There are two ways to find out the identify of your father. You can either take the easy route and ask your mother or you can try to find the answer yourself by conducting your own research. The first option allows you to discover the identity of your father easily, but if you choose the latter option, you won't find out who your father is even if you dedicate your life to the research.

Now, maybe you will say that you can find him by using DNA, old photos of him or any number of things that your mother can give you to prove the identity of your real father, but that would mean that you have to believe an authority. Who is that authority? It's your mother. You cannot make a case based on photos, DNA or other things without deferring to an authority (or your mother).

If you were to receive that information from a woman other than your mother (i.e. someone who isn't an authority), what good would that information be as proof?

That is why you have to follow a real authority. In scripture, it is said that "Whatever You have spoken, I accept it." If you follow that verse, these challenges cease to be a problem and you will be accepted by Devala, Narada, Vyasa. You are speaking for yourself and later on, all the Acaryas will have accepted you. After that, I will accept you.

I'll have to follow great personalities for the same reason your mother would point out your father for you. That's all. What necessity is there for conducting research? All authorities accept Krishna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. If you accept that, then your search for God is completed.

Why would you waste your time conducting research in light of this?

---

All you need to do is hear it from an authority (same as your mother). I heard this truth from the authority "Srila Prabhupada", my spiritual master. I'm not talking about all of these things using my own knowledge and experience.

---

In this world, no one can be fully at peace. That has been a fact all along.

All the suffering in this world is caused by four problems: disease, old age, death and birth after birth.

Tell me, are you truly happy? You can't be happy if you ignore those four main problems. You will still be forced by nature.

---

If you really want to be happy, follow the following four rules: no illicit sex, no gambling, no drugs (including tea and coffee), no meat (no onions or garlic either). In addition to those, there are two more rules for a total of six. The fifth one commands you to offer any food to the Supreme Lord before you eat it. (If you know what Guru parama-para is, then offer them food, not the Supreme Lord Krishna) The sixth one, the main one, commands you to chant "hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare."

---

The first four rules are optional so you don't need to worry if you are unable to follow them. The sixth one, however, is mandatory because it is very important to chant the Supreme Lord's holy name (Hare Krishna Maha-Mantra).

Chant "hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare" and be happy.

If you still don't believe me, chant any other name for five minutes, then chant the Supreme Lord's holy name and you will notice the effect. I promise you, it works. Chant for at least 16 rounds (each round consisting of 108 beads) of the Hare Krishna maha-mantra on a daily basis.

---

There is no question about the Holy Book's quotes, personal experiences, faith or belief. I sometimes accept that faith is also blind. What I have here is a practical explanation which already proves that everyone else in this world is nothing more than a busy, foolish idiot.

---

Source(s):
Everyone is already blind in this world and if you follow another blind person, youj will both fall into a hole. That's why you should try to follow the person who has spiritual eyes, someone who can guide you on the right path (My authority and guide is my spiritual master "Srila Prahhunada").

---

If you want to find out the actual purpose of human life, then visit this link and bookmark it: http://www.asitis.com

I would recommend you to read it in its entirety (I promise only those who read this book that they will receive every single answer they were looking for about why I'm in this material world, about my identity, about what will happen after this life, about the best thing to make human life perfect and about the nature of perfection as it relates to human life). The purpose of human life is not to live like an animal, yet everyone is doing one of the following four things at this moment: sleeping, eating, sex or living in fear. The purpose of human life is to be freed from the four causes of suffering (birth after birth, old age, disease and death).
What do you think? Wink

I think that you can try to polish a dogturd, but you're still only going to get a smear on the sidewalk. Big Grin

A good job, a noble task, come to naught due to the vapidity of the message.

Also, just wanted to point out that "yo mama" has been called.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
04-01-2017, 01:17 AM
(04-01-2017 12:26 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I think that you can try to polish a dogturd, but you're still only going to get a smear on the sidewalk. Big Grin

*Jeff Foxworthy voice*

"If you hear a phrase like, you can try to polish a dogturd but you're only going to get a smear on the sidewalk, and your first reaction is to think, well, if we first freeze it solid maybe it'll polish up real nicely then? Well then you might be a skeptic."

... my brain's a scary place.
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
04-01-2017, 08:39 AM
(04-01-2017 01:17 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(04-01-2017 12:26 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I think that you can try to polish a dogturd, but you're still only going to get a smear on the sidewalk. Big Grin

*Jeff Foxworthy voice*

"If you hear a phrase like, you can try to polish a dogturd but you're only going to get a smear on the sidewalk, and your first reaction is to think, well, if we first freeze it solid maybe it'll polish up real nicely then? Well then you might be a skeptic."

... my brain's a scary place.

Actually, it's your freezer that scares the hell out of me.