Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life,

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2017, 08:43 AM
RE: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life,
(04-06-2017 08:35 AM)mordant Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 08:29 AM)Anjele Wrote:  That's why I stopped welcoming new people...I like to see what they post outside of the intro section. Always surprised at the number of reps some people get before they even say anything beyond hello. For me, just showing up isn't quite enough to earn accolades but for others...
Well ... if one assumes a newcomer is at least a passably reasonable person until proven otherwise ... some would argue that being welcoming works out well more often than not. It encourages good people to participate and feel more open. And the dipshits don't last long, regardless.

But I hear you ... and I respect your chosen approach.

Personally I steer a middle course, when I think to go to the newcomer's forum, which is, I am provisionally welcoming. If they sound like any kind of theist or woo-ist, I will say words to the effect that as long as they play nice in the sandbox, engage rather than deflect, and don't expect everything that comes out of their mouth to provide kudos to their magnificence, they'll get along fine.

I used to be one of the first to welcome people. But then I started noticing how some acted outside of the intro...especially those who made a very brief intro that revealed nothing.

I also started noting how often new people would post in there and automatically get reps for showing up.

Now, if I bother to peak in there and the intro is engaging or funny, I will say hello.

But I tend to stay away from there.

I get that a warm welcome is nice. When I joined there wasn't an intro section...you just waded into the deep end and hoped for the best. Thank you to Girly and Chas and Erx for guiding me through this place, and others of course.

I have given the process some thought and I am comfortable with how I approach the new, protected intro section.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-06-2017, 08:43 AM
(04-06-2017 08:22 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 08:20 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  That must be some kind of record. He was banned in 1 hour, 28 minutes, and 1 second.

After you found the other posts I hit report.

Just waiting for the ban hammer wielder to have a bit of coffee most likely.

Okay, maybe not coffee...I don't think DLJ is a coffee kind of guy.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-06-2017, 09:37 AM
Wow!
You clinking, clanking, clattering, collection of caliginous junk!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
04-06-2017, 09:53 AM
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
04-06-2017, 10:00 AM
(04-06-2017 08:43 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 08:22 AM)Anjele Wrote:  After you found the other posts I hit report.

Just waiting for the ban hammer wielder to have a bit of coffee most likely.

Okay, maybe not coffee...I don't think DLJ is a coffee kind of guy.

Most astute.

I don't do coffee.

Drinking Beverage <--- chockahlua Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
04-06-2017, 10:04 AM
(04-06-2017 07:25 AM)nahae Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 07:20 AM)Vera Wrote:  Shoe, fly Drinking Beverage

[Image: tumblr_inline_nhbgxmzytW1se1jsc.gif]

and what is that policy ? give dog bad name and hang it ( nice tried ) dull idiot.

and if you have any guts or shame than i openly challenge you to point out the damn fallacy within this practical explanation.

I don't think anyone went through the trouble of specifically pointing out the logical fallacies you are engaged in (I guess Mordant did mention some), so here is where you committed fallacies in your post:

Quote:that is Fact that Supreme Lord Krishna exists but we posses no such intelligence to understand him.

This is special pleading where you state that no one can understand something except Krishna.

It also asserts Krishna's authority, so it's also an argument from authority.

A rational person only accepts a claim as provisionally true when there is evidence in support of a claim. You did not present any evidence whatsoever of the claims you made in this post, you made incoherent arguments, but zero evidence.

You then immediately engaged in ad hominem attacks of anyone that challenged your assertions, Mordant thoroughly demolished your post then you resorted to name calling and immediately created a straw-man version of paternal lineage "dropped from the sky into the womb of your mother" and demanded that Mordant defend the straw man that you created, which is shifting the burden of proof. This was a pathetic tactic to obfuscate your inept defense of your claims.

So I broke all of this down for anyone reading this thread, you make terrible, irrelevant points, get blown out of the water, then come back a few moths later under another alias. You are simply not fooling anyone, especially those of us on this forum that have witnessed your clown show about 3-4 times previously.

Rinse, repeat, get banned again in a few months. Drinking Beverage

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
04-06-2017, 10:11 AM
(04-06-2017 07:49 AM)nahae Wrote:  and you are shameless pig. that is all.

Thanks, pigs are great animals.

(04-06-2017 08:02 AM)Dom Wrote:  Why don't you like dogs?

He hates pigs and dead horses too... I get the impression he mostly just hates.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
04-06-2017, 10:33 AM
Sigh. One of these years I will find a Krishna who is willing to give up the recipe for those delicious Krishna sweets....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
04-06-2017, 10:38 AM
Banned in one day.
I approve.

As for what I have done every second of every day.

.....I lived.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
04-06-2017, 10:48 AM
(04-06-2017 10:11 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I get the impression he mostly just hates.
He would be released from all hatred if he chanted Lord krishna's name all day instead of acting trojan in a forum.