Here's a funny tale.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2014, 03:06 PM
Here's a funny tale.
A new guy started at work about a month and a half ago. He and I would shoot the shit every day. About a week ago the conversation turned to religion. In that conversation I learned he's a Muslim and in the same talk he assumed I was a Christian. I corrected him and was about to tell him I am an atheist but something came over me and I decided to tell him I'm a Jew. He hasn't spoken to me in a week.
Ok. Maybe you don't think it's funny but think it's funny as fuck...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
24-08-2014, 03:25 PM
RE: Here's a funny tale.
Unfortunately I'm sure you'd get the same reaction if you had told the truth.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
24-08-2014, 03:31 PM
(24-08-2014 03:25 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Unfortunately I'm sure you'd get the same reaction if you had told the truth.

Yeah. That's probably true.
24-08-2014, 05:10 PM
(24-08-2014 03:31 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(24-08-2014 03:25 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Unfortunately I'm sure you'd get the same reaction if you had told the truth.

Yeah. That's probably true.

Damn. Thread killer, sorry dude. Blush

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
24-08-2014, 05:40 PM
(24-08-2014 05:10 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(24-08-2014 03:31 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Yeah. That's probably true.

Damn. Thread killer, sorry dude. Blush

It's all good man. It doesn't seem like there much more to say anyway.
25-08-2014, 10:03 AM

I was in a similar situation. The Muslim chap I knew was very vocal and supported the Muslim brothers in their fight against the great white Satan blah blah......
As I live in the South of Ireland he expected me to say I was a Catholic. He was visibly shocked when I told him I was an atheist. He said that he was sorry for the fact that I was going to hell and if it came to the crunch and he had to "kill me" he would do it with great difficulty. Anyway that was a long time ago, and he headed back to mainland Europe. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in Syria or Iraq.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
25-08-2014, 10:05 AM
(25-08-2014 10:03 AM)Marozz Wrote:  

I was in a similar situation. The Muslim chap I knew was very vocal and supported the Muslim brothers in their fight against the great white Satan blah blah......
As I live in the South of Ireland he expected me to say I was a Catholic. He was visibly shocked when I told him I was an atheist. He said that he was sorry for the fact that I was going to hell and if it came to the crunch and he had to "kill me" he would do it with great difficulty. Anyway that was a long time ago, and he headed back to mainland Europe. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in Syria or Iraq.

You may have dodged a bullet. Or should I say beheading...
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
25-08-2014, 10:43 AM
I did a little experiment. Once when a religious nut knocked on the door to sell their religion I told them I was Jewish. For some odd reason they don't know what to say. But I did. Oey- veh!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.