Here's something twisted.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2014, 01:28 PM
Here's something twisted.
First I'd like to say that the questions I'm about to ask are to gauge reasoning skills against feelings.
1) should bestiality be illegal?
2) should necrophilia be illegal?
For my part I don't really care what people fuck. I mean sure animals and dead bodies can't give consent but who's to say the animal doesn't like it. And as for dead bodies well, I don't think they care!
Not that I'd do that shit myself and I do think that people who down with it are obviously sick but who am I to judge?
So what's your take? To each his own? Jail the fuckers? You don't care one way or the other?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2014, 01:30 PM
RE: Here's something twisted.
For me it's all about consent. If there is no clear consent, it's wrong, period.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 11 users Like Smercury44's post
16-08-2014, 02:17 PM
(16-08-2014 01:28 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  First I'd like to say that the questions I'm about to ask are to gauge reasoning skills against feelings.
1) should bestiality be illegal?
2) should necrophilia be illegal?
For my part I don't really care what people fuck. I mean sure animals and dead bodies can't give consent but who's to say the animal doesn't like it. And as for dead bodies well, I don't think they care!
Not that I'd do that shit myself and I do think that people who down with it are obviously sick but who am I to judge?
So what's your take? To each his own? Jail the fuckers? You don't care one way or the other?

Well I don't care much either (provided the animal engages with it voluntarily).

However, there is a solid rational argument for keeping it illegal anyway. The argument would be that a very significant percentage of the population would find it too disturbing to countenance, and so supporting it's legalisation would therefore be political suicide for a politician!

I think it's a mistake to imagine popular opinion can be completely ignored.

Phil
[+] 2 users Like phil.a's post
16-08-2014, 02:54 PM
I'm seconding Smercury on this one. Without ability to give consent it should be illegal.
16-08-2014, 02:54 PM
(16-08-2014 01:30 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  For me it's all about consent. If there is no clear consent, it's wrong, period.

I think I mostly agree with this but I'm not sure how that relates to the dead. I mean one wouldn't be concerned with having sex with a blow up doll but it doesn't give consent.
Also, let's take chickens. It's seems perfectly fine to kill them but not to fuck them. If I kill the chicken, pluck it and freeze it so that I might eat it later most people are fine with that. If I thaw out the chicken with the intention of feeding and something comes over me and I decide to fuck it, people might think I'm sick in the head but I'm not likely to face charges. None of it really makes sense to me..
16-08-2014, 04:38 PM
(16-08-2014 02:54 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 01:30 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  For me it's all about consent. If there is no clear consent, it's wrong, period.

I think I mostly agree with this but I'm not sure how that relates to the dead. I mean one wouldn't be concerned with having sex with a blow up doll but it doesn't give consent.
Also, let's take chickens. It's seems perfectly fine to kill them but not to fuck them. If I kill the chicken, pluck it and freeze it so that I might eat it later most people are fine with that. If I thaw out the chicken with the intention of feeding and something comes over me and I decide to fuck it, people might think I'm sick in the head but I'm not likely to face charges. None of it really makes sense to me..

So if we take the ability to give consent away as a reason to not allow something, what about the mentally challenged who are nonverbal?

And if we allow things like necrophilia, who determines what's allowed and not allowed? Because I'd be a little pissed if I found out someone fucked one of my dead loved ones, you know?

I'm with smercury, unless clear consent is given, I'm not behind it.

Great questions though.
16-08-2014, 04:40 PM
You havee no basis for morality.

Truth seeker.
16-08-2014, 04:52 PM
(16-08-2014 04:40 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  You havee no basis for morality.

Biological instinct is the ultimate basis of all morality, including yours.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
16-08-2014, 04:57 PM
You raise an interesting point Druid with regards that an animal has no choice if it is eaten or not, it cannot voice consent, pretty much the same if somebody decided to perform bestiality on the same animal.

They're two selfish needs by the individual, both highly instinctive. Survival and procreation.

We (the human species) were probably doing both even before we could consciously comprehend it and give it a name alongside a moral basis.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
16-08-2014, 11:17 PM
1) Animal abuse. No.
2) Dead bodies are considered alive people in the eyes of the law. If you do not have consent it is regarded as rape. Dead people can't give consent. No.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 7 users Like earmuffs's post