Here vs Youtube

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Here vs Youtube
Just wondering the opinions of those here. I come by once in a while to check things out, but I don't respond much. The reason for this is that I can't read all that fast and by the time something has two dozen responses whatever I have to say has either been said already or there's too much to read.

Youtube, I can find recently started videos which means I have a chance to respond to things (I've only ever done ONE video response, and that was to someone who disabled comments in their video, this being before I decided I wouldn't WATCH a video that had comments disabled).

Here it looks like the majority of the population is atheist, meaning we're mostly talking to ourselves.

Youtube there's quite a few theists to respond to.

Here... okay, this is embarrassing BUT... I don't really know a lot of details, and that hurts when surrounded by those who do. I have a rough overview of the Big Bang, evolution, abiogenesis, and the bible. I get chewed up quickly by someone who REALLY knows what they're talking about.

Youtube... the average poster is like me, running on layman understandings of things, or worse. I DID find one guy, saying that atheism was a plot by the Jesuits and so on which I couldn't tear apart because I didn't know enough (but at least I got out of it well, I think).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like OddGamer's post
04-01-2014, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2014 07:38 PM by The Germans are coming.)
RE: Here vs Youtube
Youtube is filled with morons who deserve a slow and painfull death.

The kind of PEOPLE who believe that writing IN CAPITAL LETTERS will make their ARGUMENT more VALID in a debate, despite the fact that it actualy makes them look like the kind of asshole who would shout in your face and get angry when he or she cant defend herself or himself. Basicaly it makes adults behave like little, very fat spoiled childen.

Then there is of course the holocaust deniers, religious extremists, southern hillbilly savages, racist scumbags, braindead morons, conspiracy assholes and all sorts of disgusting scum.

Stupidity simply has to much of a majority on Youtube.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 7 users Like The Germans are coming's post
04-01-2014, 07:33 PM
Quote:I DID find one guy, saying that atheism was a plot by the Jesuits

Well, he doesn't sound very smart to me.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
04-01-2014, 07:35 PM
I mostly stay out of the debates, and intellectual discussions. I come here for camaraderie of like-minded individuals. There are usually plenty of threads for that if it interests you Smile
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post
04-01-2014, 07:37 PM
I LIKE YOUTUBE

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
04-01-2014, 07:39 PM
(04-01-2014 07:33 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
Quote:I DID find one guy, saying that atheism was a plot by the Jesuits

Well, he doesn't sound very smart to me.

Mmm, it wasn't just 'I think this', he was backing it up with apparent documentation. That was the point at which I had to back out. It included books and other sources (not to mention trying to read what was on his grainy video). I'm broke. The internet is my only source of entertainment (it was this OR television, I can't afford both).
04-01-2014, 07:42 PM
(04-01-2014 07:33 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Youtube is filled with morons who deserve a slow and painfull death.

The kind of PEOPLE who believe that writing IN CAPITAL LETTERS will make their ARGUMENT more VALID in a debate, despite the fact that it actualy makes them look like the kind of asshole who would shout in your face and get angry when he or she cant defend herself or himself. Basicaly it makes adults behave like little, very fat spoiled childen.

Then there is of course the holocaust deniers, religious extremists, southern hillbilly savages, racist scumbags, braindead morons, conspiracy assholes and all sorts of disgusting scum.

Stupidity simply has to much of a majority on Youtube.

I use caps as well, but not to make a point. More to emphasize a word since I'm too lazy to do italics or bold (getting better at that). Tongue

I think I enjoy the stupidity because I can say things and not sound like a dribbling moron myself. Big Grin
04-01-2014, 07:45 PM
(04-01-2014 07:42 PM)OddGamer Wrote:  I use caps as well, but not to make a point. More to emphasize a word since I'm too lazy to do italics or bold (getting better at that). Tongue

When I have to underline a signficant part of my argument that should under no circumstances be overlooked, I litteraly underline it.

Quote:I think I enjoy the stupidity because I can say things and not sound like a dribbling moron myself. Big Grin

I often dont enjoy it.

Reading comments on youtube sometimes just makes me fall on the knees and beg for the nuclear holocaust to finaly come.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 6 users Like The Germans are coming's post
04-01-2014, 07:48 PM
(04-01-2014 07:39 PM)OddGamer Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 07:33 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Well, he doesn't sound very smart to me.

Mmm, it wasn't just 'I think this', he was backing it up with apparent documentation. That was the point at which I had to back out. It included books and other sources (not to mention trying to read what was on his grainy video). I'm broke. The internet is my only source of entertainment (it was this OR television, I can't afford both).

He can't back it up with shit. Jesuits order was founded in 16th century and atheism is as old as religions are.
The claim is asinine.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
04-01-2014, 07:51 PM
(04-01-2014 07:45 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  When I have to underline a signficant part of my argument that should under no circumstances be overlooked, I litteraly underline it.

Haven't figured out how to do underlines in youtube yet. Here it's easy enough, but again I'm lazy. Italics in youtube, bold in youtube, those are easy (surround things in _ for italics, * for bold).

(04-01-2014 07:45 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Reading comments on youtube sometimes just makes me fall on the knees and beg for the nuclear holocaust to finaly come.

Oh I almost never read the comments! Don't be silly! I watch the videos and post a response! ... Alright, so I read the responses I get... but still! ...

Ken Ham makes me go WTF, though. 'You can't know anything without god'... where do you even start with something like that?