Here we go again...smacking down creationists

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-10-2014, 08:39 AM
RE: Here we go again...smacking down creationists
(13-10-2014 07:36 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(12-10-2014 08:12 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Do you understand that only 55% of the US are Christian and declining, 30% are non-religious and growing, and that the student body of any school is made up of people from diverse backgrounds and belief systems? Surely you aren’t that clueless.

Bit of a side issue, but where did you get this figure? I thought recent polling put it close to 70-75%.

yeah I boned that up, had too many study's numbers running through my head when i typed that. Xtians are at 73% as per 2012 study. Nonreligious at 20% as per 2012 study, and only 1 in 3 adults under 30 in the US believe in a god. So in the under 30 demographic it is about 33% are non religious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in...ted_States

I am headed to class site now to fix that, and will edit my post here to match my fix. Thanks for pointing it out, I hate when i put out bad data, undermines the effort.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
13-10-2014, 12:52 PM
(13-10-2014 08:39 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I am headed to class site now to fix that, and will edit my post here to match my fix. Thanks for pointing it out, I hate when i put out bad data, undermines the effort.

You're welcome. I just saw that those numbers were different enough from what I remembered from 2012 surveys that I didn't think that it would be the result of recent polls. That, or the recent popularity of Cosmos has cost Christianity a 20 point reduction in followers in the states inside of a year! Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
14-10-2014, 04:49 AM
(13-10-2014 12:52 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 08:39 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I am headed to class site now to fix that, and will edit my post here to match my fix. Thanks for pointing it out, I hate when i put out bad data, undermines the effort.

You're welcome. I just saw that those numbers were different enough from what I remembered from 2012 surveys that I didn't think that it would be the result of recent polls. That, or the recent popularity of Cosmos has cost Christianity a 20 point reduction in followers in the states inside of a year! Tongue

Lol if only, right?!

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post