"Hero" Woship (Opinions of the military servicemen)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-09-2012, 10:51 PM
RE: "Hero" Woship (Opinions of the military servicemen)
(13-09-2012 09:20 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  Nice rebuttal you whiny lil bitch. Did you develop arthritis in your fingers from playing xbox during your tour of duty? Ohh my that must be very painful! ROFL!!! You have obviously bought into the hype they feed the stupid public, and somehow actually believe you are some kind of hero. American kids, like you, have way way way too much self confidence! Despite that you have probably accomplished absolutely nothing of significance, you have huge egos and think you are all special.

You SIR are pathetic!!! Your momma has underwear that's endured more hardships then you, you pussy.

It is apparent that you did not read my previous posts and are only trolling.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
14-09-2012, 01:16 AM
(12-09-2012 09:46 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 07:32 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I read all your posts. My conclusion is that you are projecting your view of the Argentinian military onto another country's military. That's just not right.

As for the war and the military. It is an evil, but we must partake in it. It is necessary, it is part of human evolution. You want to complain? Take it up with natural selection and human nature. Try to change that? Good luck doing it within your lifetime.

The U.S and NATO are the only armies standing in the way of total annihilation of world order. You disband them, the enemies who don't give a shit about your pacifist views will be enabled to kill you.

As for respecting soldiers, I have to. They are willing to do things that I am not. They subject themselves to physical and psychological torment, they give up their complete freedom and join military culture. Every one of them did something I cannot, will not do. I can respect them and not have to respect some things that they have done.

I never knocked the reality of the warlikeness of humans. Doesn't mean I have to like it. And, yes, it makes military necessary. However, some of the wars are not necessary.

I don't think most people who sign up with the military do it so they can risk their life in the trenches or kill people. I think there are financial and personal reasons, and they just end up in precarious situations. I see them more as innocents walking into crap than heroes.

I'm sure.

I see young kids who believe they are going to make a difference by defending their country, but then realize they are only fighting to protect themselves and their fellow soldiers. The salvation of the world is only a perk. Take it from a U.S military brat, I know what I am talking about.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
14-09-2012, 01:37 AM
(14-09-2012 01:16 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 09:46 AM)Dom Wrote:  I never knocked the reality of the warlikeness of humans. Doesn't mean I have to like it. And, yes, it makes military necessary. However, some of the wars are not necessary.

I don't think most people who sign up with the military do it so they can risk their life in the trenches or kill people. I think there are financial and personal reasons, and they just end up in precarious situations. I see them more as innocents walking into crap than heroes.

I'm sure.

I see young kids who believe they are going to make a difference by defending their country, but then realize they are only fighting to protect themselves and their fellow soldiers. The salvation of the world is only a perk. Take it from a U.S military brat, I know what I am talking about.

I don't think either of you are completely right, or wrong. Of course, when you categorize millions of people you can throw black and white views right out the window, but you both make valid assessments. One thing that I think has been overlooked, and is a very common reason for people enlisting is a sense of adventure, and being part of something larger than yourself. Adventure was certainly one of the reasons why I joined. I don't know that I can point to one reason and say "Yup, that's why I did it", but almost everyone has some self-interested reason for joining. Not to say that is the sole reason, but if everyone did it for the sake of their country alone then why would Uncle Sam give out bonuses? With that being said, anytime a war starts, recruiting number skyrocket with volunteers. The majority of our troops also want to do something positive for there country as well. There is my 2 cents.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
14-09-2012, 03:44 AM
I finished my service last month. To answer your question, we should first define what a "hero" is. In my opinon, hero is someone who protects your interests before he protects his. Assuming your interest and his interest is living, he therefor risks his interest in order to protect your interest. Therefor, every soldier who ever risked his life as part of his job- is infact a hero.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-09-2012, 08:00 AM
(13-09-2012 10:51 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(13-09-2012 09:20 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  Nice rebuttal you whiny lil bitch. Did you develop arthritis in your fingers from playing xbox during your tour of duty? Ohh my that must be very painful! ROFL!!! You have obviously bought into the hype they feed the stupid public, and somehow actually believe you are some kind of hero. American kids, like you, have way way way too much self confidence! Despite that you have probably accomplished absolutely nothing of significance, you have huge egos and think you are all special.

You SIR are pathetic!!! Your momma has underwear that's endured more hardships then you, you pussy.

It is apparent that you did not read my previous posts and are only trolling.
That is true, I did not read your previous post.
Though, I have no requirement to do so. You replied to my post first, not the other way around.

And I am not a troll, you are just among the brainwashed self entitled self important pussy generation coming up in the youth, and I think someone finally needs to tell you kids the truth. You are not special, you can't do anything you want, especially become the president, etc... All that BS you were fed as a kid was a lie. Just like the fact that you served in the military does not make you a hero. At this point its nothing more than another job. THATS IT!
14-09-2012, 09:46 AM
(14-09-2012 03:44 AM)shiranl Wrote:  I finished my service last month. To answer your question, we should first define what a "hero" is. In my opinon, hero is someone who protects your interests before he protects his. Assuming your interest and his interest is living, he therefor risks his interest in order to protect your interest. Therefor, every soldier who ever risked his life as part of his job- is infact a hero.

You are only twenty and you have already finished serving in the military? IDF? Was it conscript? Just curious...

14-09-2012, 01:05 PM
(14-09-2012 09:46 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(14-09-2012 03:44 AM)shiranl Wrote:  I finished my service last month. To answer your question, we should first define what a "hero" is. In my opinon, hero is someone who protects your interests before he protects his. Assuming your interest and his interest is living, he therefor risks his interest in order to protect your interest. Therefor, every soldier who ever risked his life as part of his job- is infact a hero.

You are only twenty and you have already finished serving in the military? IDF? Was it conscript? Just curious...

Already? wow, usually I am talled the service in Israel is quite long...any how, yes- I already finished it becuase the service of girls is usually 2 obligatory years (some jobs requier 3 obligatory years, like guys serve). I was drafted when I was 18 and half, a month after I graduated highschool and about a month ago I was released.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-09-2012, 01:49 PM
(12-09-2012 04:11 PM)TheDoctorPhil Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 11:03 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Care to elaborate?

I mean I wish we could all live peacefully and without violence. Unfortunately that is not the case. That's why war and militaries are a necessary evil.
That doesn't mean that it's necessary though, does it? Maybe it's just an English phrase I'm unfamiliar with.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
14-09-2012, 02:57 PM
(14-09-2012 01:05 PM)shiranl Wrote:  
(14-09-2012 09:46 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  You are only twenty and you have already finished serving in the military? IDF? Was it conscript? Just curious...

Already? wow, usually I am talled the service in Israel is quite long...any how, yes- I already finished it becuase the service of girls is usually 2 obligatory years (some jobs requier 3 obligatory years, like guys serve). I was drafted when I was 18 and half, a month after I graduated highschool and about a month ago I was released.

I would say 2 years is very short. In America you are usually required to serve at least for years active duty, and 4 years inactive reserve duty. With that being said, we havn't had a draft in about 40 years. I personally think conscripted service is immoral. I think the British conscripted service is two years as well though they don't have this anymore either. Perhaps a Brit could correct me?

14-09-2012, 04:12 PM
(14-09-2012 01:49 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 04:11 PM)TheDoctorPhil Wrote:  I mean I wish we could all live peacefully and without violence. Unfortunately that is not the case. That's why war and militaries are a necessary evil.
That doesn't mean that it's necessary though, does it? Maybe it's just an English phrase I'm unfamiliar with.

It's necessary because if everyone else is warlike, you need to be able to protect your ass.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post