"Hero" Woship (Opinions of the military servicemen)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-09-2012, 06:04 AM
RE: "Hero" Woship (Opinions of the military servicemen)
(17-09-2012 05:40 AM)shiranl Wrote:  
Quote:I disagree.... the very nature of this thread is proof.

Can you specify? I didn't quite understand what you mean.

You opinion is that it all depends on where you live.... that will basicly take precedence over how you think on this subject. Whilst in some ways I think you may be correct in your thinking on the whole I have to disagree as people can transcend these boundaries.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2012, 07:38 AM
(17-09-2012 02:02 AM)shiranl Wrote:  
(16-09-2012 05:48 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I don't think we are in disagreement.

To shin, I am sorry I don't think you translated your thoughts very well, at least I couldn't follow the first thought.

I don't think it is my English you don't understand, I think it is the values and situation I come from you don't underdtand. Or you do understand, but refuses to admit there are situations, like my country's situation, where your set of values just doesn't fit. You just want to give a fuck and do what ever you want, I was born in a place where you can't just let everyone to give a fuck, because if you do- this place will be destroyed.

Eh, sorry, I genuinely do understand what you mean when you talk about ' the morality of giving a fuck' and 'not giving a fuck'. Am I the only one confused here? Perhaps you can rephrase that? Maybe try it without expletives? Hell, I dunno, maybe adding a few may help...

As I have said before, regardless of whether you believe it is justifiable to force someone to risk their life, and kill in the name of their country, I believe it is immoral. If your compatriots feel your country is worth defending, then they will defend it when the time comes.

17-09-2012, 08:28 AM
Wow, and I'm the one whose mother tongue isn't English.
"give a fuck" and "not giving a fuck" have the same meaning.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-09-2012, 08:55 AM
(17-09-2012 08:28 AM)shiranl Wrote:  Wow, and I'm the one whose mother tongue isn't English.

"I don't give a fuck" - person not caring
"I do give a fuck" - person caring
"He's not giving a fuck" - person doesn't care
"He gives a fuck" - person does care

So many expletives! Yay!

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
17-09-2012, 09:06 AM
(17-09-2012 08:28 AM)shiranl Wrote:  Wow, and I'm the one whose mother tongue isn't English.

Well, no they don't they are opposites, but that isn't the point. Your previous statements do not make since to me with these phrases. This is why I asked you to rephrase it. Otherwise you aren't going to be understood (by me) and then you are just going to think I'm some asshole who pretends not to 'get you' so I can ignore your opinion, which isn't true. Thumbsup

17-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Dark Light and cheapthrillseaker, please read sections 4 and 5:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.ph...ive+a+fuck

Funny how "give a fuck" is actually defined as "I don't give a fuck".
18-09-2012, 06:07 AM
(17-09-2012 02:37 PM)shiranl Wrote:  Dark Light and cheapthrillseaker, please read sections 4 and 5:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.ph...ive+a+fuck

Funny how "give a fuck" is actually defined as "I don't give a fuck".

He is right here... it's a matter of a phrase, those random English phrases don't often match up to what they're actually saying.

Just like the phrase, I could care less... which actually means. I COULDN'T care less.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
18-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Sorry, I didn't get my language lessons from theurbandictionary. You can argue about that all you want, or you can just explain what you meant.

18-09-2012, 03:06 PM
(18-09-2012 06:07 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  He is right here... it's a matter of a phrase, those random English phrases don't often match up to what they're actually saying.

Just like the phrase, I could care less... which actually means. I COULDN'T care less.
It's true, English phrases do get misused.

For example, the one you mentioned.

If I do care about something, then you can say I care more than a zero amount about it. If I'm caring more than zero about it, I could care less.

If I don't care about something at all, that would mean I care a zero amount about. I could NOT care any less than zero about it. I couldn't care less.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
18-09-2012, 04:04 PM
(18-09-2012 02:17 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Sorry, I didn't get my language lessons from theurbandictionary. You can argue about that all you want, or you can just explain what you meant.

Yeah, well...you don't exactley find the phrase "I give a fuck" in Oxford dictionary.
What I meant, is very simple- you can't take your past, and throw it away. I'm here, alive, because people had died for it. Some of them happen to be the entire battalion of my uncle, uncle that would've been dead now if he wasn't abroud when the war broke out.

And you want to tell me that I, and everybody who gets to the age of 18, need to take it, throw it away and take care for their own asses? It doesn't work that way. I have the obligation to take care to the next generation just like my dad's generation took care to main, way before I existed.

Your set of values works only where they don't need to be tested.