"Hero" Woship (Opinions of the military servicemen)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
30-09-2012, 01:55 PM
RE: "Hero" Woship (Opinions of the military servicemen)
(30-09-2012 12:52 AM)SharkByte Wrote:  There are rules about what an officer can order someone to do and cannot order someone to do and if my Commander gives me an unlawful order it is my duty NOT to follow it. I have the option to ignore any order an officer gives me if I don't think its a lawful order.

Actually, you don't have that option. It is your duty not to ignore it but to report it. ... At least it was back in my day some 30+ years ago now. Doubt its changed.

This is not my signature.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-10-2012, 06:53 AM
Re: "Hero" Woship (Opinions of the military servicemen)
I only read the OP, but its gets a bit much sometimes, because its so forced. The town I live in is a hour away from base, but very vet heavy bc its NC and on the beach. Every federal holiday, the local vets are pounding the "dont forget who allows you to celebrate" blah blah. That was at Labor day! Im pretty sure most of us work, its about that(barring the orginal meaning).

Im leaving soon as well, but for different reasons, almost the opposite.
10-10-2012, 06:31 PM
(10-10-2012 06:53 AM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  Every federal holiday, the local vets are pounding the "dont forget who allows you to celebrate" blah blah. That was at Labor day! Im pretty sure most of us work, its about that(barring the orginal meaning).

I always found that attitude distasteful, and I am a vet myself.
10-10-2012, 09:46 PM
(10-10-2012 06:31 PM)thirdangletheory Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 06:53 AM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  Every federal holiday, the local vets are pounding the "dont forget who allows you to celebrate" blah blah. That was at Labor day! Im pretty sure most of us work, its about that(barring the orginal meaning).

I always found that attitude distasteful, and I am a vet myself.

I agree. Stupid kids think you should kiss their ass because of their day job, and thats all it is anymore, a fucking job. Fuck them.
10-10-2012, 09:56 PM
You'll find no disagreement here, I hate that attitude. I will say though that I was always a little annoyed when I worked all day on Veterans Day (aka Armistice Day, Remembrance Day) while everyone else was barbequing with their families. I was always considered the "essential personnel" or just had duty that day. The USN vets know what I am talking about. Anyhow, yeah the dick holes that think they should have their asses kissed for being in the military deserve a good swift kick in the ass to remind them that they aren't that special.