Hey!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2014, 08:48 AM
RE: Hey!
(28-01-2014 12:01 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(27-01-2014 11:40 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  When I download a PDF my iPad automatically asks if I would like to open it in iBooks. Then it acts like other ebooks.
I mean it doesn't work with voice over

I'm not a big apple fan and have been out of there their loop for a few years now. But I did a quick search, click on this link and it might help:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2382198

Also, it said that voice over does in fact work with PDFs as long as it's the original text document and not a picture of the text (makes sense). So try looking up a different download.
If you want I can try and look it up. I'm normally pretty good at finding stuff like this. Just let me know Smile

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Re: RE: Hey!
(28-01-2014 08:43 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(27-01-2014 11:34 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  Android doesn't. Well it sort of does, it just formats like crap. Epub and mobi are much better.

I've heard this before. Personally, I've only used a Galaxy S3 and I can read PDFs just fine. I know my dad's S4 is the same way. Can you be more specific? I'm curious what the issue is there.

They can be read fine. It's just that with epub and mobi you don't have to continually zoom and scroll. With pdf you do. I downloaded Beamreader last night and it shows pdf in text mode like an epub and in regular mode it still shows the pdf on one screen per page with no scrolling.

Using Tapatalk
28-01-2014, 11:39 AM
RE: Hey!
(28-01-2014 09:55 AM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(28-01-2014 08:43 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I've heard this before. Personally, I've only used a Galaxy S3 and I can read PDFs just fine. I know my dad's S4 is the same way. Can you be more specific? I'm curious what the issue is there.

They can be read fine. It's just that with epub and mobi you don't have to continually zoom and scroll. With pdf you do. I downloaded Beamreader last night and it shows pdf in text mode like an epub and in regular mode it still shows the pdf on one screen per page with no scrolling.

Yeah OK, that makes more sense. My dad was complaining he couldn't read his PDFs and had to pay for some program... I took one look and set it up in a few clicks using the default options. I don't understand what's so difficult (my dad isn't the only one)

Atir aissom atir imon