Hey

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2015, 10:33 AM
Hey
New guy here. Mid 50's, born & raised Catholic but never went to church after I moved out of my parents house at 18. Was always a bit skeptical but still had a belief in god up until about 10 years ago because I had just never really thought deeply about it. As soon as I really started to actually think about the concept of god & especially the Christian god of the bible it became almost immediately apparent that it was all just a gigantic BS story.

I think a lot of people are in the same place I was. Non-religious, not really thinking much about it & living their lives as if "Well, sure, there might be a god but I don't really think much about it because I've got other shit to worry about than some god who I never see or hear from."

I think the trigger for me was one day I simply got sick of politicians trying to justify their actions and positions on the claim that there is a god & they know what he wants. Really, you know the mind of god? Prove it. They had just gotten away w/throwing that claim out there for so many years I think they're now just shocked when someone asks them back it up.

In any case, cool forum, thanks for having me. Cheers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like granatelli's post
31-01-2015, 11:07 AM
RE: Hey
(31-01-2015 10:33 AM)granatelli Wrote:  New guy here. Mid 50's, born & raised Catholic but never went to church after I moved out of my parents house at 18. Was always a bit skeptical but still had a belief in god up until about 10 years ago because I had just never really thought deeply about it. As soon as I really started to actually think about the concept of god & especially the Christian god of the bible it became almost immediately apparent that it was all just a gigantic BS story.

I think a lot of people are in the same place I was. Non-religious, not really thinking much about it & living their lives as if "Well, sure, there might be a god but I don't really think much about it because I've got other shit to worry about than some god who I never see or hear from."

I think the trigger for me was one day I simply got sick of politicians trying to justify their actions and positions on the claim that there is a god & they know what he wants. Really, you know the mind of god? Prove it. They had just gotten away w/throwing that claim out there for so many years I think they're now just shocked when someone asks them back it up.

In any case, cool forum, thanks for having me. Cheers.

Hi there, pleased to meet you and looking forward to hearing your voice on the forum.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
31-01-2015, 11:10 AM
Hey
Welcome aboard!
31-01-2015, 01:06 PM
Welcome. The hors d'oeuvres are over there, the bar is at the back.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-01-2015, 01:10 PM
(31-01-2015 10:33 AM)granatelli Wrote:  raised Catholic but never went to church after I moved out of my parents house at 18.

Jebus no likey that shit.
Welcome. Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
31-01-2015, 01:16 PM
[Image: Img19_zpsrfuuvmv2.gif]