Hey, All

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2014, 08:25 PM
Hey, All
Hello, everyone. I'm a 16-year-old agnostic atheist living in a religious family in Colorado. I joined this forum because I'm not open about my religious opinions at home and wanted the capability to discuss this sort of thing without risking my college funding or my relationships with my siblings and parents. I'd like to eventually tell them, but that's really not a practical option for me right now.

What are your stories? How did you find this forum, and when did you come to be atheist? I'm interested to know more about you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2014, 08:39 PM
RE: Hey, All
Welcome! Feel free to explore the forum, there are lots of threads about us here if you're looking for stories. Here's one you can check out.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...sion-story

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
07-10-2014, 09:24 PM
Welcome!
07-10-2014, 09:49 PM
Welcome, pull up a chair! Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
08-10-2014, 08:34 AM
Welcome to the forum. I think it's smart not to risk your college funding. You can "come out" later. For now, college is far more important.

My introductory post was here if you want to know a little about me.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
08-10-2014, 08:53 AM
Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-10-2014, 09:20 AM
Welcome, Shat.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-10-2014, 09:44 AM
Welcome Smile please, enjoy your stay and don't hold back from talking about anything you want. Lot of great people here who can answer your questions and help you figure stuff out. My story? I just happen to find this forum while browsing the interwebz. I'm really glad I joined this forum. Met a lot of really great people and learned a lot. As for my religious story, I don't really have one. Religion was not really a big thing in my household so I was never put into religion. Been an Atheist my whole life basically.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
08-10-2014, 01:29 PM
(08-10-2014 09:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  Welcome, Shat.

... Weeping

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
08-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Hi ShatteringSky. Good to have you here.
While there are many here who were once very into their faith, I and few others here are lifelong atheists. We also have a few teens. You are not alone.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein